Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by snyper2099
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mudflaps.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 2 years ago
    Quoted from Petes0281:

Hello all. New Pinsider here, but long time pinball player. I currently own Tales of the Arabian nights and it's my 1st pinball machine I've ever had. I browse around the forums a lot and see people wanting to trade pins. I wanted to ask what are the best practices in trading games? I'm sure there are scammers out there. How are ya'll making sure transactions go smooth? Obviously if it's local you can just drive, unload, pack up and go, but what about out of state trades? What are most people doing? Any tips and advice to share based on your experiences? Thanks to everyone in advance!

Hi Pete, welcome to Pinside!

I love trading. If you put out the trade feelers, you kind of open yourself up to a game you may not have been thinking about. With a TOTAN, the good news is that you have a very desirable game.

Start a trade thread. Take lots of pictures, highlight everything good and bad. Don’t hide anything broken. Be honest and forthright. List the games on your wishlist.

Once you’re in communication with someone and you come to an agreement, you can (1) take your game and swap at their house, (2) they can come to you and swap at your house or (3) meet in the middle and do a parking lot swap. Do not ship games with a trade. Do it in person.

Make sure the person you’re talking to is as honest as you’ve been. Check their post history. Honestly, being a new member, the other person may be wary of you. Meet somewhere public, especially if cash is trading hands. Don’t be afraid to talk on the phone and trade pictures.

Be patient, see what’s out there and have fun!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mudflaps.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-trade-practices?tu=Mudflaps and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.