Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by j_m_
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JayDee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 5 years ago

Like Dent said, try an EZ Out first. But having to remove a ton of broken screws in my line of work I find they usually work 50% of the time. Most of the time I just go straight to drilling it out and re tapping. That usually works 90% of the time. The key is using the correct size bit for the tap size. They are usually metric sized bits so don’t use a standard bit from your drill set.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I don't recall ever seeing metric on a pinball machine. I can't speak for the newer boutique brands, I think one is manufactured overseas and is likely metric, but every game I've worked on has been SAE.

No, the drill bit to drill out the standard screw is metric so it’s slightly smaller than the standard tap size. If you use a standard size bit you have to go a step smaller than the screw thread size which makes it more difficult to tap since you have to cut thru much more material. That being said if you use a bit the same size of the existing screw than you have to up the tap size as all the material will be gone to re tap the original size threads. Hope that makes sense

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from topkat:

thanks for the help..that gives me a starting point

We don’t know what you have available wherever your at so a trip to the store might be your only choice no matter what direction you go, but like others have said, you can just pry it out with a small flat head screwdriver from the tooth side of the t-nut or simply punch it out from the top side and be done with it. Install new t-nut

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, NY
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Vienna, VA
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JayDee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-tip-to-remove-stuck-screws-into-fin-nut?tu=JayDee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.