• Stern POTC 8 votes
    7%
  • JJP POTC 14 votes
    12%
  • ACDC Premium 4 votes
    3%
  • Aerosmith Pro 0 votes

(116 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from Mnluz:

My fist pinball was a Sega golden eye, second a NGG.
Those were replaced by a Williams MM and a Shrek Stern, now that those too are shopped and playing 100% I am looking for a third that would complement those two, I only have space for 3 machines at home.
- have two kids at home, 6 and 4, they play occasionally but I am avoiding the family stress with pins like walking dead, elvira, etc
- more into modern (>2000)
- spend smart, no LEs and would avoid a premium if the game play is not that different.
What would be the perfect 3 game collection to complement the MM and Shrek ?

It sounds like your family is similar to mine; no one really plays pinball but theme matters in keeping some peace (i.e. no TWD). The pins are for me but the themes must be family approved.

That said, My wife wasn’t a fan of IMDN both with the music and the blood so I went ahead and sold it. Being a fan of the band and game, I Missed it so much I bought another. She wasn’t too happy but has come to like it and even plays it at times. As for my 6 yo son, he was first taken back on the art package. I explained to him that Eddie is a super hero that travels through time battling the beast. He loved that concept in knowing that Eddie is a good guy. He loves watching the LCD and asks “who is that Eddie?” , “what’s Eddie doing?”, “why does he look like a mummy?” Etc... I give him history lessons about what time period Eddie is in and use the Beast as the symbol of what Eddie is battling, i.e. slavery, war, etc... he loves it! His favorite is when I get Aces High going, he runs and grabs his airplanes and runs around the room pretending he’s Eddie shooting at his other planes. It motivates me to keep the ball in play and I seem to complete the mode more often when he’s watching and re-enacting the LCD. He loves getting to the bomber jackpot phase.

Acdc pro is also another great option. The music is perfect for pinball and family, for the most part. Acdc Music is also in some of my sons favorite movies (planes), and that’s a bonus. The music is a Winner with both the kids and wife. I own the vault pro now (yay no more ugly face) and have owned the premium in the past. The pro is just fine, in fact the stand ups make for a much more fun overall gameplay experience.

Star Wars is a great option but the game itself isn’t for everybody. It’s an unorthodox ruleset with advanced gameplay.

Another great viable game would be WOZ. Excellent for both family and players. Brutal and tough, but deep with lots to explore.

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from Mnluz:

pool added with most of the suggestions

From that poll. JJPOTC or WOZ would be fantastic small collection family games. BM66 is also a great suggestion, but at that price point, I’d stick with JJP.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.95
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-third-pinball-?tu=eskaybee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.