Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 202 posts
  • 114 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by dothedoo
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Best themed game with the worst gameplay”

• Stern star wars 31 votes
      22%
    • Stern indiana Jones 18 votes
      13%
    • Stargate 4 votes
      3%
    • Ghostbusters 29 votes
      21%
    • Transformers 5 votes
      4%
    • Avengers 6 votes
      4%
    • Batman 66 2 votes
      1%
    • T2 1 vote
      1%
    • Jetsons 10 votes
      7%
    • Thunderbirds 9 votes
      6%
    • Munsters 3 votes
      2%
    • Primus 1 vote
      1%
    • Beatles 4 votes
      3%
    • TMNT 11 votes
      8%
    • Super Mario Bros 7 votes
      5%

(141 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_2019-07-10-01-49-16 (resized).png
    20190710_003848 (resized).png
    IMG_4233 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4232 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 4 years ago

GB or alien

#45 4 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Theme Boyz™️ could save a lot of money just buying knick-knacks.

Aint that the truth

#55 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

...the match sequence alone in the original Williams Indy is way better than anything in the Stern version.

Stern version actually has really nice animations.

There, that''s the one good thing aboot that POS.

#57 4 years ago
    Quoted from Toasterdog:

18 people that don’t know how to play the game or don’t like challenging games.

Yeah I can understand diff'rent skill levels though. Now, people that are claiming Episode 1 was even a decent theme are the ones that scare me.

#60 4 years ago
    Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

After playing it for like 10 minutes we were both so dissapointed and left for other pins around it, never to return to it. Such a letdown.

Wow

#74 4 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

I don't think ive ever even seen a predator or alien pin

Predator was garbage from the start, only a couple maybe kind of sort of made.
    Alien def better as it went it to production.... For a hot minute.

#116 4 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

I hope you are joking.

Haha seriously. I think we can all agree (Dr Frieghtner excluded) that it is not the greatest theme.

#118 4 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

Wizard of oz changed film and culture...LITERALLY.

So did "Triumph of the Will"...great pinball theme?

#121 4 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

Keep googling...

Yeah I had to google that one...you're the only one with a communications degree around here buddy

I never thought it was a horrible idea, and defended WOZ against the "that's gay" crowd when it was coming out...but save a few folks whom all seem to love to type the historic virtues and amount of monies collectables go for, it's just not a slam dunk. Guess what, neither are a lot of great games.

#124 4 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

Then, I started talking with friends and fellow pinsiders who enjoyed the game and understood its ruleset so I...

Your welcome

Pro all day for me...but maybe I'm just more used to it.

#126 4 years ago
    Quoted from Metengo:

OK, not mentioned yet. Stargate.

Solid movie, horrible horrible pinball; Good call.

#150 4 years ago
    Quoted from phoenixpin:

1. If you only define gameplay as layout, I’d point to the questionable design choices of plunge to a brick wall followed by left outlane, poor angle of the Death Star ramp,...

I love the game but there is a big diff'rence pro & Prem+ for sure, Still don't understand the pro only post. The Death Star ramp compared to the pro is less forgiving as well.

#154 4 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

I missed that one. Is it possible to add it in? I don't see a way to do it.

Don;t worry, it's not going to be near the top

#159 4 years ago
    Quoted from alveolus:

I challenge anyone who has spent time with BBBB to explain why you think it’s gameplay surpasses any other machine mentioned in this thread.

It does not...but the theme is pure shit.

EDIT: I shouldn't say "pure" shit. Classic WB cartoons are great...but by 1991 I don;t feel they were classic anymore.

#163 4 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Too bad, because the code on SW is actually pretty brilliant,...

Been wondering if GOT & SW will be the only ones like it going forward. Would be a neat little wrinkle historically, but I'm hoping they do more.

#165 4 years ago
    Quoted from Grandnational007:

I don't have enough time in on GOT, but I know you always pick House of Martel(?) and you always pick Leia(?) on SW...It's been a while since I've played either so pardon me on the "correct" picks.

Usually I will pick the same house/character but it's not Martell and Laia. I go Tyrell & R2
    What does laia do...increase mode length?

EDIT: As we've been saying since early GOT days I wish they had a random selection option

#167 4 years ago
    Quoted from Grandnational007:

Exactly the two I meant.
    Which begs me to ask, what is the point if everyone just picks the same ones every time?
    The idea of basically having 5 different game codes in one game is awesome, but in execution, everyone just takes the same one, haha.

Sure I see what you're saying and agree to a certain extent. I think it's nice that the ability to choose is there, you will always pick Martell but I will always pick Tyrell...so in some respects it's doing the job it intends. I see it as a nice/cool feature in the game, not a massive selling point. I was playing a dipshit...er...friend the other day whom picks Han and goes "tie fighters all day." I pick R2 and work more on Multipliers so it's a little diff'rent angle.

#170 4 years ago
    Quoted from BC_Gambit:

That is my low level tourney strategy.

Yeah it's hard to pass up in a tourney for sure. That's sort of the bad side of weighting rules like that.
    There are a few people that play Greyjoy in GOT...but Lannister? Never met anyone other than people just playing to put the high score on there which does add a little more playability to a game I guess. Stark...Baratheon?

#172 4 years ago

Oh that fucking level 3 endor mission can suck me....brutal that one. Can light Saber duel count a s a mode? Whilst everyone cries aboot it breaking their aunt flow I just beat it real quick.

#183 4 years ago
    Quoted from RipleYYY:

what the f*** is Transformers doing in this list !?

Horrible awfull theme. Movies are universally hated

#188 4 years ago

I sure wouldn't say TF has great gameplay. I'd like to not even mention the mini PF but obviously the worst functional toy in pinball history. A Megatron hole that always has problems getting balls stuck, Optimus toy that regularly has issues registering hits, and a plain grey starscream toy that... I've never even understand what the point is....it moves and then ball falls down... Excitement!
    I'll give you the gameplay is better than the audio, which is beyond a horrible mix of random noises shaken up together in a paper bag.

#193 4 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

Star wars has taken the lead.
    I have to wonder if people really hate it, or if they just expected more?

Doesn't have enough toys for people and there's the big movement against points in pinball now for some bizarre reason. Lots of folks don't like the multiples and think the game is too confusing.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-theme-with-worst-gameplay?tu=thelaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.