Quoted from phoenixpin:
Another vote for Stern Star Wars.
- I understand the rules very well
- I regularly get great scores and play it frequently
- I love and prefer challenging games
So why do I hate the gameplay?
1. If you only define gameplay as layout, I’d point to the questionable design choices of plunge to a brick wall followed by left outlane, poor angle of the Death Star ramp, meaninglessly placed and irrelevant pop bumpers, and horseshoe shot that can be adjusted at home but is often center drain on location.
2. If gameplay includes toys, then the weakness of Star Wars is obvious.
The point is... flaws exist in it even if you think the code saves it.
I enjoy parts of the SW code a lot, but I think the video mode in home use would get super repetitive. Nothing better than playing the video mode as Han Solo, followed by another video mode immediately after on the same shot (already lit from the target bank). I mean if I want to play a video game, I have lots of those already....
Its free points in competition if you get a big multiplier on the shot but is that something you really want?