• Stargate 19 votes
    49%
  • Super Mario Bros. 1 vote
    3%
  • Other 5 votes
    13%

(39 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

P1120453.JPG
P1120457.JPG
P1120467.JPG
P1120402.JPG
P1120400.JPG
P1120388.JPG

#1 4 years ago

I am a fan of just about every System 3 and have owned a few as well. Curious what people think the best one is? Most of them have some great themes...Freddy, SMB, SF2, Barb Wire, etc.

While I wouldn't say any of them offer the deep rules of today's games, I still think they stand tall for the era they were made.

My personal favorites are Barb Wire, Cue Ball Wizard, and SF2.

The art is pretty good on all of them and I really enjoy the layouts. Thought a poll would be interesting....

#2 4 years ago

Waterworld - there are some deep modes. Great shots and it kind of has a MM layout. I miss the crap out of mine. The deez multiball is great.

2nd place, maybe Gladiators. lots to shoot at, maybe too easy to keep the ball going? And the kicker things above the flippers...not a huge fan.

I played SG at mgc...I didn't like it much, felt cramped and I couldn't hit much. I only had 3-5 games on it though, so maybe I just sucked. Mario I love the theme, only tried it once, seemed okay.

#3 4 years ago

I have to say, i think Barb Wire is the best....Stargate has insanely awesome depth, but i love the way Barb plays.

Barb Wire
Stargate
.....and i actually dig Waterworld.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

2nd place, maybe Gladiators. lots to shoot at, maybe too easy to keep the ball going? And the kicker things above the flippers...not a huge fan.

I like gladiators as well but the scoring can get a bit insane on that one! If it was Zelda (as rumored), people would love it like they love SMB.

I have played Mario a few times...Really want to love it, but I think it is probably my least favorite System 3 in terms of gameplay. While Freddy isn't deep and kinda has a lame layout, I love the modes, I love the callouts, I love the art!

#5 4 years ago

ooooo tough call....Stargate far and above for rules etc there is so much to that game everywhere you look. But followed closely by cue ball wizard which is my personal fav sys 3. We all like super mario as well.

#6 4 years ago

See I think I need to play someone's SG at home, with someone that knows how to play so they can point me on what to do. I just couldn't get a good feel. It felt like the PF was cramped as F. almost like a ultra slim TZ.

I haven't played barbed wire, or freddy. But they have neat themes. MY sys 3's do great on route...but I'm looking for a good quality waterworld for my home again...something about that darn game...

#7 4 years ago

Stargate, gladiators, Freddy. All good!

#8 4 years ago

Stargate! Which I own and love.
Now somebody sell me a Barb Wire!

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

See I think I need to play someone's SG at home, with someone that knows how to play so they can point me on what to do. I just couldn't get a good feel. It felt like the PF was cramped as F. almost like a ultra slim TZ.
I haven't played barbed wire, or freddy. But they have neat themes. MY sys 3's do great on route...but I'm looking for a good quality waterworld for my home again...something about that darn game...

Stargate is a game you need to play a few times...maybe many times to get the full experience. I kinda thought it was just okay at first, but after you get a better feel for the rules, it really grows on you!

Barb Wire has probably the best layout...I think the art in just about all of them is top notch.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from BeaverBrewing:

Stargate is a game you need to play a few times...maybe many times to get the full experience. I kinda thought it was just okay at first, but after you get a better feel for the rules, it really grows on you!
Barb Wire has probably the best layout...I think the art in just about all of them is top notch.

Ah ok. I hope to play it again. I rarely see them in MN though, so maybe next year at mgc again. This darn thread makes me want to find another sys3

#11 4 years ago

Waterworld is my favorite just got done doing a deep shop out on mine. I put LED's in and a undercab kit and this thing plays awesome. Here are a couple pics.P1120388.JPGP1120400.JPGP1120402.JPGP1120467.JPGP1120457.JPGP1120453.JPG

#12 4 years ago

I like the more simple System 3's - Cactus Jacks and Class of 1812. Little depth, but fun to play for a change of pace.

#13 4 years ago

So many games missed on the poll. Class of 1812, CJ, Tee'd Off

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from asay:

So many games missed on the poll. Class of 1812, CJ, Tee'd Off

Agreed, however the poll is just for DMD games.

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from FrankJ:

I like the more simple System 3's - Cactus Jacks and Class of 1812. Little depth, but fun to play for a change of pace.

I was looking at just the DMD games for the pool...I do like the non-DMD as well though!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 52.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside