Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 41 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by RipleYYY
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

88283D8E-7DDF-4137-8547-FB9F1D35F9E9 (resized).jpeg
    CBD88AB6-3369-4513-94E0-051DFCED5335 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    #1 1 year ago

I have a bigger space, so naturally looking to fill it with more pinball goodness. Not exactly sure what game I want to go after though. I love the system 11 era because let’s face it, for the $, the entertainment value is hard to beat. The game room currently has Bad Cats, Dr. Dude, Whirlwind, Fire!, Earthshaker in the system 11 category and would like to get some suggestions. I’m currently thinking that a Transporter, RG, MA, or EATPM would look nice. Transporter looks interesting mostly because of the rarity and weird art and I haven’t gotten to play it. Feel free to suggest others I haven’t mentioned that would compliment these games and the few WPC I already have. Thanks!

#2 1 year ago

High speed big time classic.
    Space Shuttle always good.
    EATPM is pretty pricey these days

#3 1 year ago

Swords of Furry and Space Station get my vote.

#4 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

High speed big time classic.
    Space Shuttle always good.
    EATPM is pretty pricey these days

That’s kinda why EATPM has dropped lower on my list. I like it, but not sure if it’s worth the $ people are asking these days.

#5 1 year ago

F14 Tomcat.

Taxi or Diner.

rd

#6 1 year ago

Taxi all time classic for sure

#8 1 year ago

I had a Taxi before. I halfway regret selling it. I had installed a hardtop on it so the playfield looked super nice. Cabinet was horrid though and I did not feel like redoing that. Swords is pretty high up on the list as well, also haven’t gotten to play that one. Only one I can say for sure is out is Banzai Run for 2 reasons. 1, insane price on that one and 2 I’m lawlor heavy at the moment

#9 1 year ago

Pinbot would be my first suggestion...but diner, taxi, and high speed should all be on your radar. All are heavily underpriced games.

#10 1 year ago

Banzai Run

#11 1 year ago

Banzai Run
    Taxi
    Mousin Around
    BK2K

That’s my short list. All outstanding gameplay IMO

#12 1 year ago

dr dude and it's not even close

#13 1 year ago
    Quoted from Noahs_Arcade:

dr dude and it's not even close

I already own this

#14 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jmckune:

I already own this

you haven't taken the hip-ocratic oath

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #15 1 year ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

Pinbot would be my first suggestion...but diner, taxi, and high speed should all be on your radar. All are heavily underpriced games.

Now here’s the kicker, yes I love Pinbot. I’m torn on if I should go with that or Jackbot though. There is a Jackbot for sale locally. Ultimate goal is to have all 30 system 11 machines so Jackbot would obviously get in the way of that unless I wanted to have it and Pinbot

#16 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jmckune:

Now here’s the kicker, yes I love Pinbot. I’m torn on if I should go with that or Jackbot though. There is a Jackbot for sale locally. Ultimate goal is to have all 30 system 11 machines so Jackbot would obviously get in the way of that unless I wanted to have it and Pinbot

Pinbot is amazing.

#17 1 year ago

Taxi is my favorite sys11.

#18 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jmckune:

I’m torn on if I should go with that or Jackbot though.

Jackbot is 10x better than Pinbot.

#19 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Jackpot is 10x better than Pinbot.

This^^^

#20 1 year ago

EATPM and The Bally Game Show would be at the top of my list. (I personally already have EATPM.) I have some kind of affinity for the Bally System 11 games with the top-speaker backbox. Except Pool Sharks. I just don't like that game. Hmmm.

#21 1 year ago

EATPM is very stop start I found. I like Swords of Fury, Pinbot, BK2000 and Grand Lizard the most out of all the SYS 11s. Owned them all.

#22 1 year ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

F14 Tomcat.
    Taxi or Diner.
    rd

I was going to say f-14 because it’s fast and fun, but then read you have whirlwind so Taxi would be my pick to get.

#23 1 year ago

FWIW, I've played them all aside from Transporter and BBBB, and my top three are:

1) Radical (with the lower carrot bats swapped out to standard length).
    2) Swords of Fury
    3) Whirlwind

Also the three I own. Perhaps that could change with more time on others, but these have always stood out to me.

I've tried to understand the love for Taxi, but it's never clicked for me.

Theming in general may hold me back on some, but I really like just about every System 11.

#24 1 year ago

Mousin Around and Diner are two of my favs. Both fun to shoot and decent challenges.

#25 1 year ago

That you don’t have? Top 5 in order would be:
    1. Taxi
    2. Swords of Fury
    3. High Speed
    4. Black Knight 2000
    5. Pinbot

Honorable mention technically not system 11s that meet the criteria in spirit
    Torpedo Alley
    Funhouse

#26 1 year ago

Taxi is the best.

Mousin is pretty good too.

SOF has boring play, I don't care what anyone says.

#27 1 year ago

Pick up a road kings or big guns!

#28 1 year ago

Transporter is super fun, I'll never sell mine, I'd also look at Grand Lizard, magna saves, cool sounds, fun game
    B

#29 1 year ago

While I love Jackbot, it isn't a system 11 game.

F14 Tomcat is a necessity for a System 11 game collection. It's when pinballs got FAST. So fast that all the mechanisms kept breaking, and they had to build stronger parts because the EM-Compatible parts that used to survive years of play got destroyed by F14!

High speed is a lot more fun than you remember. It has this pulsing 'dun-dun-dun-dun' sound when the siren is about to get started that gets your pulse racing every time.

My friend James had a favorite game, and that was "Rock-Rock-Rockin' Rollergames'. Speed, interesting shots, unusual theme, challenging and fun playfield layout. For years I've felt that this game is just a bit underappreciated.

I like the 'complete the challenge' games. Taxi and Diner and Riverboat Gambler (magic!) are strongly goal-oriented, and if that's the kind of play that brings you joy, they would be really high on your list.

Elvira may be the best of the System 11 games. Some real magic here.

For my personal play, I like BK2000, but I wouldn't suggest it as the best of the system 11's... it's just hard enough for my personal skill level to make me keep coming back to it.

If you get Mousin' Around, put the back legs on 4x4 blocks to raise the playfield pitch as high as possible. Mousin' around becomes an astonishing play experience when it's set to too much playfield pitch. It's... 'peppy'.

You really can't go wrong, this is the first wave when pinballs got good... before the 90's when pinballs got REALLY good, starting with Funhouse.

For me, BK2000 would be top, but that's for me. For you?

EATPM, F14 and High Speed are top tier system 11's. Depending on your personal taste, most anything else is going to make you really happy.

This is a quick list that may not be complete pulled from the pinball list and price guide book from 2018, and the numbers are ROUNDED and MAY NOT BE ACCURATE, and you should buy their book if you want their real numbers.

Still,

High Speed, 18,000 made
    Grand Lizard, 2750 made
    Road Kings, 5500 made
    Pinbot, 12,000 made
    Millionaire, 3500 made
    F14 Tomcat, 14,000 made
    Fire, 7700 made
    Big Guns, 5200 made
    Space Station, 3800 made
    Cyclone, 9400 made
    Banzai Run 1700 made
    Swords of Fury 2700 made
    Taxi, 7300 made
    Jokerz, 5400 made
    Black Knight 2000, 5700 made
    Earthshaker, 5300 made
    Police Force 4700 made
    Bad Cats, 2500 made
    Whirlwind 7300 made
    Rollergames, 5000 made
    Diner, 3500 made
    Riverboat Gambler, 3100 made

Transporter, 850 made
    Elvira, 4000 made
    Mousin Around, 3000 made
    The Game Show, 2500 made
    Pool Sharks 2250 made
    Radical, 1300 made
    Dr Dude, 3800 made
    Bugs Bunny, 2250 made

#30 1 year ago

RK>HS.

Road kings is a sleeper, and incredibly cheap. Put on a clear back ramp, and wow. The game is just damn fun. HS was great, but i find RK just better.

Pass on EATPM. It's not worth the price. The toys are lame and it gets old super fast.

MA is a great pin. I'd sell your bad cats too. Could fetch a LOT and i found it superrrr boring to play. I also do love cyclone. Pinbot should be a staple in all collections. To me, it IS pinball. You versus the machine. It's fantastically simple, yet hard. And ass kicker. With THE best music/sounds in all of pinball.

#31 1 year ago
    Quoted from Methos:

SOW has boring play, I don't care what anyone says.

Whats SOW?

#32 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Jackbot is 10x better than Pinbot.

But its not pinbot.

#33 1 year ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

But its not pinbot.

I honestly like the pinbot theme/setting better.

#34 1 year ago

Swords of Fury with a F.

#35 1 year ago

If I had like a tier list for ones I wanted top tier would be Swords of Fury, Transporter, Diner, Mousin Around, Rollergames, Radical, and Black Knight 2000. Mid tier would be Elvira, Space Station, Big Guns, Pinbot, Cyclone, and High speed. Low tier unless amazing deal would be Banzai Run, Jokerz, Riverboat Gambler, Millionaire, F-14, Police Force, Game Show, Pool sharks, Bugs Bunny, Road Kings. Taxi, although I love it I’ve already had one so would prefer getting ones I haven’t had before getting another one of those

#36 1 year ago

I don’t think it’s a secret that the best value in Pinball is System 11s. But beyond that most of the era is fantastic and any one that comes up near you would be the one to get!
    Pinbot is amazing. Period.
    F-14 is still the fastest game I’ve played and I miss it dearly.
    Swords of Fury is just bad ass.

2 weeks later
    #37 1 year ago

Well guys I made a pickup just now! I’d say I checked an elusive title off the list!

CBD88AB6-3369-4513-94E0-051DFCED5335 (resized).jpegCBD88AB6-3369-4513-94E0-051DFCED5335 (resized).jpeg

#38 1 year ago

Congrats!

#39 1 year ago

Score! Such a fun game, my 4 year old calls it "the scary game" and loves playing it as much as me

#40 1 year ago

The other games preparing to accept transporter into the collection!

88283D8E-7DDF-4137-8547-FB9F1D35F9E9 (resized).jpeg88283D8E-7DDF-4137-8547-FB9F1D35F9E9 (resized).jpeg
    #41 1 year ago

good choice ! Transporter is really fun, and has variety as you have to shoot everywhere on the PF
    btw the SF theme is pure '80 dope... SOS !!!

sold mine only because i had no space home

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-system-11-i-dont-have and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.