7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 159 posts
  • 118 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by RonSS
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

MilliVanilli.jpg
    IMG_2214-1024.JPG
    IMG_2213-1024.JPG
    IMG_2212-1024.JPG

There are 159 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 2 years ago

1/ ELVIRA ATPM
    2/ SWORDS OF FURY
    3/ ROLLERGAMES
    4/ F-14 TOMCAT
    5/ WHIRLWIND
    6/ HIGH SPEED
    7/ BANZAI RUN
    8/ JOKERZ
    9/ TRANSPORTER
    10/ CYCLONE

#152 2 years ago

It's not the "best" but my favorite is BK2K... the best has gotta be Whirlwind. I WOULD say Space Station but I think the unconventional slingshot arrangement really does hold it back.

#153 2 years ago

1) Mousin' Around

2) Banzai Run

3) Elvira ATPM

4) Diner

5) Dr Dude

6) Whirlwind

#154 2 years ago

Of the one's I've played at least a decent number of games on there is a group that are all really close. This is my list now, but ask me tomorrow and 2-9 could basically be in any order. However, F-14 Tomcat will remain in it's place.

Whirlwind
    Taxi
    Earthshaker
    High Speed
    Swords of Fury
    Black Knight 2000
    Elvira And The Party Monsters
    PinBot
    Rollergames
    F-14 Tomcat

4 months later
    #155 1 year ago

Just picked up and F-14 as my first System 11 a few weeks ago. That caused me to go out an try to play every other one I could get my hands on.

So far F-14 is still my favorite due to its crazy speed. Followed by Pinbot , High Speed & Big Guns.

#156 1 year ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

Of the one's I've played at least a decent number of games on there is a group that are all really close. This is my list now, but ask me tomorrow and 2-9 could basically be in any order. However, F-14 Tomcat will remain in it's place.
    Whirlwind
    Taxi
    Earthshaker
    High Speed
    Swords of Fury
    Black Knight 2000
    Elvira And The Party Monsters
    PinBot
    Rollergames
    F-14 Tomcat

Wow, so you can't stand F14?
    I really like mine. Took me a little bit to figure out how to maximize bonus and such, but man, fast, crazy light show, constant feedback.

Honestly, what's not to like other than shallow rule set?

#157 1 year ago

Part of it might have to do with my expectations. It is such a nice looking game with a cool theme, but I'm disappointed that all of those chrome wireforms all lead to ball locks. While I'm a fan of physical ball locks, the two in the center take up a lot of real estate. If I were releasing F-14 Tomcat 2.0, I'd have the ramp still feed into the diverters. If they all stay closed the ball is fed directly back to the left flipper. If the second diverter triggers the ball is fed back to the right flipper. If the first diverter triggers the ball is sent to a single physical ball lock, which holds three balls. Somehow this machine doesn't live up to the sum of it's parts.

PS: I don't hate F-14. It's still pinball. I bought it, played it, and after a fairly short period of time knew it wasn't going to be a keeper. I wouldn't fault anyone who enjoys it, but for me it's on the bottom of the System 11 games that I've played.

#158 1 year ago

I feel the same way about F14 as lpeters82 does.

#159 1 year ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

Part of it might have to do with my expectations. It is such a nice looking game with a cool theme, but I'm disappointed that all of those chrome wireforms all lead to ball locks. While I'm a fan of physical ball locks, the two in the center take up a lot of real estate. If I were releasing F-14 Tomcat 2.0, I'd have the ramp still feed into the diverters. If they all stay closed the ball is fed directly back to the left flipper. If the second diverter triggers the ball is fed back to the right flipper. If the first diverter triggers the ball is sent to a single physical ball lock, which holds three balls. Somehow this machine doesn't live up to the sum of it's parts.
    PS: I don't hate F-14. It's still pinball. I bought it, played it, and after a fairly short period of time knew it wasn't going to be a keeper. I wouldn't fault anyone who enjoys it, but for me it's on the bottom of the System 11 games that I've played.

Fair enough. I've only played 2 Sys11, so I don't have much to go on.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 100.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 79.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 128.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 109.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 225.00
    Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
    FlyLand Designs
    $ 29.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 49.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 18.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 15.00
    $ 30.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    £ 55.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 199.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 249.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 221.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Tilted Pinball
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    There are 159 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside