3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 84 posts
  • 62 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by bcgameguide
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 3 years ago

I'm leaning towards High Speed. May look for a WW after all the love here though.

#52 3 years ago

My vote is for High Speed, I love the flow of that game, the backglass is sweet and the carry-over jackpot is a killer to pickup after a bunch of other people have played it and failed to collect it.

#53 3 years ago

Pinbot

#54 3 years ago

Space station is great. But has no in lanes. Makes it really challenging , but it has my vote. Love everything about this game. Very attractive to play all the time, just one more game!!!

Es is really approachable, lasting fun and quirky, shaker interaction is the best of any pin

Taxi is all around good, wonderful game. A keeper

SOF is amazing, great everything, no pop-bumpers, LIONMAN! The upper playfield is some of the most fun I have had in all of pinball

Fire is fun for a night or 2 once in a while.
Not a lasting appeal game for me

Ww is good fun, lasting

Banzai run, really good, lasting appeal, the backbox playfield is great and unique

Bbbb, really fun, but not lasting, not enough stuff to stick around

Never played big guns except virtually. Always feeling like the game was missing something???? Maybe I need to play the real deal?

Pinbot. Love this games shots and mechanics. An art piece that I'd keep around to look at. Only as a second game. Not an only child

Radical!, full package, love this game. As a single game, definitely. You really need to love the music and sounds for it to be a keeper. Awesome, awesome, bitchin!

F14- great as a 10th game, not an only child, too difficult for my family, "you're gonna die" call out was not welcome , super fast games. 30 seconds for 3 balls consistently.

High speed, great game, art, sounds, package. Drain monster. I loved it though. But I got frustrated with the left and right drains after a while, learn to nudge quickly to save the drains if you can.

Bk2k, right flipper all day. Really cool sounds, colors, music, graphics, challenging. Great game, but not an only child for me, trying to stay in the upper pf to progress is boring for me, but still fun when you dial yourself into it

#55 3 years ago

Black Knight 2000 is my complete, 100% unbiased answer to this question .

Actually, depending on your tastes, I'd have to say its a tossup between Whirlwind, Pinbot, Taxi, and High Speed as the best *overall* System 11 pin.

BK2K is the perfect pin to me ... I love the ramps, loops, soundtrack, light show, taunts, and artwork. It takes me right back to the 80s every time I play it. It's not for everyone though. If you're going to have a single pin and have no emotional attachment to a particular title, any of the other 4 I mentioned are a blast to play over and over. If you happen to get tired of it, you can easily find someone to buy it or trade for something else.

#56 3 years ago

I think the takeaway from this thread is just how consistently good System 11 games are. So many good playing classics in this generation.

#57 3 years ago

So many good options here and I've own or still own several. My order would go like Taxi > Whirlwind > Diner = BK2K = EATPM = ES = Banzai Run > SOF = High Speed = Space Station = Bad Cats = Dr Dude = F-14 = Pinbot = Game Show. There's even some good in others

#58 3 years ago
Quoted from Linkage:

I'm surprised at the love for Space Station. I found it got old SUPER quick.

For me all SYS 11's get old pretty quick, so far I haven't had one thats lasted longer than a few months, but thats part of the appeal, easy to understand and fun and then time to move on, not too expensive either. All good.

#59 3 years ago

mousin around. hands down

#61 3 years ago

As an owner of BK2K can I subtract a vote from it? The game is rad but you can decently play it one handed and it has a heavy focus on a single flipper upper playfield. I think it would be pretty bad in a single pin collection.

#63 3 years ago

Banzai Run is my keeper sys 11 pin, lots of great ones though, HS Pinbot and F-14 all great games

#65 3 years ago

My Banzai Run is setup at my parents home. Works great as an only pin. It's also my keeper system 11.

If a BR is not readily available to you, I'd go for a Whirlwind.

#66 3 years ago

Taxi man. TAXI!

Taxi, pinbot, ww.. the rest.

#67 3 years ago

Where is the F-14 Tomcat love?!

#68 3 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Where is the F-14 Tomcat love?!

OP wants to replace his F-14 Tomcat with another System 11 game.

#69 3 years ago

Rollergames is also a really fun playing pin.
But out of everything listed.

I would go in this order....

1. Whirlwind
2. Earthshaker
3.Taxi
4. Elvira and party
5.Pinbot
6. F-14

Then if you like other pins the same era but not Williams
#1.Phantom of the opera.
#2 Bally Atlantis.

1 week later
#70 3 years ago

TAXI and WW.

Taxi is classic and fun for all and WW is really a great game. Had to sell my WW (bad times back then) regret it.

SS is awesome theme and cool but gameplay is so so. Not great shots.

#71 3 years ago

Earthshaker can get boring going round and round. WW over ES any day.

#72 3 years ago

Taxi.
Whirlwind is a good looking second.

#73 3 years ago

Taxi

I owned both for quite some time, and am on my second taxi that I had tdiddy professionally restored. It's the better pin.

WW was fun but I felt like the playfield parts/ramps were cheap or flimsy or something. Couldn't put my finger on it. Like too much clutter or something.

Taxi I've played hundreds of times and it doesn't get old. The objectives are fun and the call-outs are great. Oh, and the bell. Yeah.. really cool.

#74 3 years ago

TAXI is my favorite system 11. It has great shots, easy to understand rules, great call outs and a theme that everyone can enjoy.

#75 3 years ago
Quoted from garyspinballs:

mousin around. hands down

I agree with this, but they are kinda tough to find, as Blackbeard may attest. Taxi remains my answer, but it will depend a lot on what you can find in your area at the time you want a game. If Mousin' pops up for a fair price, GET IT!

#76 3 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Rollergames is also a really fun playing pin.
But out of everything listed.
I would go in this order....
1. Whirlwind
2. Earthshaker
3.Taxi
4. Elvira and party
5.Pinbot
6. F-14
Then if you like other pins the same era but not Williams
#1.Phantom of the opera.
#2 Bally Atlantis.

Not familiar with Atlantis but it looks pretty cool.

#77 3 years ago

Top ones

Taxi
Diner
Earthshaker
Whirlwind

Next tier

Elvira atPM
High Speed
SOF
Rollergames
BK2K
Pinbot
F-14

#78 3 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Top ones
Taxi
Diner
Earthshaker
Whirlwind
Next tier
Elvira atPM
High Speed
SOF
Rollergames
BK2K
Pinbot
F-14

Sounds about right, except earthshaker is not top tier.. it looks and sounds amazing, but the gameplay just isn't at the level of Taxi and Whirlwind.

#79 3 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Sounds about right, except earthshaker is not top tier.. it looks and sounds amazing, but the gameplay just isn't at the level of Taxi and Whirlwind.

I consider the playfield layouts of WW and ES pretty much the same kinds of shots but in mirror. I have low ceilings so I decided to get the shaker over the fan.

#80 3 years ago

Whirlwind gets my vote for sure. Just picked one up and pretty stoked about it.

2 months later
#81 3 years ago

Pin-Bot needs more votes, it has mine.

1 week later
#82 3 years ago

Fire! was my first machine and had only it for a while and I didn't tire of it. Great game!

#83 3 years ago

If you really knew how to play Diner, that would be the perfect pin for this group!Try it and see!Try a coffe cup sometime

#84 3 years ago

If Diner wasn't so expensive, it would be my first choice. For the money, TAXI is it for a single pin for sys-11.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 149.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Machine - For Sale
Patchogue, NY
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Egg Harbor Township, NJ
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 94.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lancaster, NY
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
€ 3.70
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside