3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 84 posts
  • 62 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by bcgameguide
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 3 years ago

So I usually keep a single Pin at my Moms. Something for me or my kids to play when I'm over, and she enjoys it there as well. Right now I have a F-14 there, and it was a huge hit at her last staff social.

Anyways, I just sold it and I'm wondering what might be a good idea to replace it with. F-14 was getting a bit stale for me. Super fun, but after a year the lack of depth is starting to show.

Was wondering what eveyone thinks a good system 11 (or similar) might be for such a situation. Something pin regulars can sink your teeth into, but a newbie can step up and enjoy. Bonus points for kid appeal.

#2 3 years ago

Pinbot.

#3 3 years ago

WhirlWind for system 11B

and Pinbot for sys 11A

High speed also fun and grand lizards price point is hard to beat.

#4 3 years ago

space station, condition green

#6 3 years ago

WW is probably going to get the most votes for this thread, and deservingly so. I will go with Taxi though. A good playing Taxi kicks a$$.

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from dozer1:

WW is probably going to get the most votes for this thread, and deservingly so. I will go with Taxi though. A good playing Taxi kicks a$$.

You are right about that. There was a Taxi this year at CAX that, while not collector quality, was the smoothest playing game I have ever pushed the start button on.

#8 3 years ago

Taxi is one of the most complete pins ever built. If you can only have 1 machine, it's hard to beat. Great ramps, drop targets, a fun skill shot, and a great theme. I'm personally quite partial to High Speed, but for most, Taxi's a great choice.

#9 3 years ago

WW ES or HS

#10 3 years ago

BK2000.

#11 3 years ago

A good system 11 is anything you can get for a decent price these days. Because they are all good. And the prices keep rising.

Good luck finding one.

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from Linkage:

Was wondering what eveyone thinks a good system 11 (or similar) might be for such a situation

Just buy all 30 of them. Then you don't have to choose.

rd

#13 3 years ago

+1 for TAXI.

#14 3 years ago

Taxi. Easy for folks to pick up on and just an all around family friendly kind of pin. Pinbot runs a close second...people always seem to gravitate to it, drawn in by its mesmerizing audio and robotic appeal.

#15 3 years ago

Diner, Taxi, Space Station, BK2K... Can't go wrong with any of these

#16 3 years ago

If you're going pricey... black knight 2000, whirlwind or earthshaker. On a budget... big guns or space station

#19 3 years ago

Taxi or Whirlwind. They are both near perfect pinball machines.

#20 3 years ago

Current vote leaders:

Taxi - 8
Whirlwind - 6
Pin*Bot - 3
Black Knight 2000 - 3
Space Station -3
High Speed - 2

#21 3 years ago

Pin*Bot

#22 3 years ago

Pin*Bot.

#23 3 years ago

Vote for taxi

#24 3 years ago

Whirl*Bot

#25 3 years ago

If I had to sell all of the pins in my collection except for one I would keep Whirlwind.

#26 3 years ago

This is a good debate. I currently have a Whirlwind and have owned a BK2000 and Space Station. All are excellent machines that I enjoyed immensely. I enjoyed Whirlwind enough to do a CPR playfield swap and complete restore. Whirlwind is an awesome design and the best Sys11 I've owned. My next statement will cause stones to be thrown, but I would also consider some of the System 11 equivalents from DE. I currently have a Time Machine and that is a really fun game with great sound that looks awesome with LEDs. In the past I've had a Secret Service which admittedly has a horrible translite, but the game is actually pretty good and the music is awesome. To put it in perspective, I paid $600 for the Secret Service and $1400 for the Time Machine with a spare backglass. From a price point perspective you get something comparable to some of the Williams Sys 11s for a lot less money. If you have the space you can get a two for one. Good luck on your decision!

#27 3 years ago

I have both WW and Taxi and would give my vote to Taxi for a single pin collection. Its more approachable (WW left ramp is tough!) And I think replay factor is higher. I find myself hitting the start button more often. Like several have said its really a perfect game! Its also my 2 year old sons favorite game. I also own a nice High Speed and had a cherry BK2k but I think those two are a ways behind WW and Taxi in my ratings.

#28 3 years ago

That is true but some DE games are clunkers. I've not played any of the alphanumeric ones but the DMD games are hit and miss. All system 11s are fun and high quality. The secret to a good price is being able to work on a game. I gave $200 for my riverboat gambler and $750 for whirlwind both with in the last year. They both booted and played but were filthy and had some minor issues. There are deals out there on every type of pinball. You just have to wait.

#29 3 years ago

Taxi is king.

Ritchie>Lawlor

All day long.

#30 3 years ago

Can't believe no one has mentioned Swords of Fury or said " Lionman" yet.

#31 3 years ago

I forgot about Swords of Fury! Great soundtrack, especially on the multiball

#32 3 years ago

My vote goes to whirlwind. It's the complete package. Taxi comes in at a close second. I might even say they could tie for first. Then maybe Earthshaker.

Now, in my game room, Earthshaker gets much more love from casual players. I'm not sure why. People just seem drawn to it. I have to admit, it does have better light shows than whirlwind does, and it's much more high intensity. But once you play through the fa├žade of all the flashing lights, things get pretty shallow after that. The rules are nearly identical to whirlwind, but whirlwind is just more refined.

I'd also give a nod to Dr. Dude. That ones always a crowd pleaser.

#33 3 years ago

Gotta go with Whirlwind, with Earthshaker a close second. Lawlor games rock!

#34 3 years ago

Cyclone.... classic.

#35 3 years ago

TAXI without a doubt
EATPM would work for me in a 1 pin collection also. Was my only pin for 6 months at one time, and never got bored with it. Fantastic overall game.

#37 3 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

EATPM would work for me in a 1 pin collection also.

Forgot about this little gem. A bit pricey, but a good player.

#38 3 years ago

How has nobody mentioned Funhouse yet? That game is awesome.

#39 3 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

How has nobody mentioned Funhouse yet?

Awesome game, but not a System 11. Its an early WPC title.

#40 3 years ago

whirlwind

#41 3 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

How has nobody mentioned Funhouse yet? That game is awesome.

not a system 11
its a wpc alpha numeric like bride of pinbot, the only 2. the "missing link" if you will between system 11 and WPC DMDs

#42 3 years ago

Taxi for flow. Whirlwind for depth. Between the 2, I prefer Whirlwind.

#43 3 years ago

I have not played that many syst 11's, but everyone loves my Space Station. That gets my vote

#44 3 years ago

I gotta give my vote to Fire! On a recent pinball night with some non-pinheads, many said Fire! was their favorite game I had, beating out more modern machines that were available to play: Fish Tales, LOTR, and AC/DC.

Everyone was laughing at the call outs... "Save my baby!", enjoying the bell, the sirens, the ladder... this game is a party in a box.

#46 3 years ago

As an owner of High Speed, Big Guns, Road Kings and Pinbot I'd say Earthshaker.
(if you don't count Road Kings 2.0, which I'd definitely chose first)

Really, I really like the system11 games I own, but in a single pin collection I'd like a game with more rules and shots than the 'simpler' system11 games.

#47 3 years ago

Taxi, Pin*Bot, or High Speed are all the total package. Challenge, fun, theme, art.

Whirlwind is great too of course...but I think the theme and artwork on it are just not as classic and iconic as these others.

So for a single pin collection get one of those three instead.

#48 3 years ago
#50 3 years ago

My kids love BBBB.

I'm surprised at the love for Space Station. I found it got old SUPER quick.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Sale Pending!
Grand Forks, ND
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 399.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside