6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 76 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by 27dnast
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0918141555.jpg
    199391_1883166887011_6570479_n.jpg
    totantb.jpg
    avalanche.jpg
    image.jpg

There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 6 years ago

Pick up a cheap used Chevy Trailblazer. Holds a modern pin nicely with the rear seats folded down.

This is TOTAN in my 2006:

totantb.jpg

Chris

#52 6 years ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

What the height the issue? I thought widebody pins overall, were no wider than standard pins on the head. Just the body was wider.
    Maybe Sega was different?
    Chris

STTNG was too big to bring home in the Highlander too. If that gate opening was about 1 inch taller all would be good. BSD fit fine...

#53 6 years ago

Used my wife's honda CRV, pin fitted ok, had to un bolt the back seat

#54 6 years ago

Ford Falcon Ute, great pin mover.

199391_1883166887011_6570479_n.jpg

#55 6 years ago

The new ford Transit connect vehicle I saw looks like it will fit 3-4 pins easy. Problem is I do not want that vehicle

#56 6 years ago

Well just drove an Escape and liked it a lot. Does anyone know if a pin will fit in a 2013 ford Escape?

#57 6 years ago
    Quoted from hank527:

Well just drove an Escape and liked it a lot. Does anyone know if a pin will fit in a 2013 ford Escape?

you need to bring a tape measure when you test drive

#58 6 years ago

My Honda Fit, fits a pin no problem!

#59 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

you need to bring a tape measure when you test drive

Yep. I guess I want 36 inches height as width does not seem to be an issue on any of the newer cars

#60 6 years ago

2013 Ford Edge works fine, I have hauled a dozen pins in it. I tried to get a WOZ in with the box, but just couldn't QUITE get the box in so unboxed it first. 2012 and 2013 CRV works (some of the older CRVs actually had a problem with the LENGTH of the machine due to the way the back seats folded up), Subaru Forrester also worked for me in the past, but there was a issue if you got the sunroof version, that came down a bit far for comfort. When I buy a vehicle I always bring my tape measure with me. If a pin can't fit, then I need to move on. Good luck in your decision!

#61 6 years ago

Any idea what is the optimum measurement?

#62 6 years ago

Hank did you find out about the Hyundai Sante Fe? i am thinking about getting a 2013 model sometime in the next 6 months....how does it handle pins?

#63 6 years ago

Acura RDX works as well. Nice low loading height for games. They slide in easily (obviously only 1). The rear seats fold flat so there's no issue with sliding onto to them (unlike earlier model MDXs...not sure about current). Plus, the RDX is way more entertaining to drive than most other moderately practical smaller SUVs. Mine's an '07 and it's hauled many pins with no issue.

#64 6 years ago

As a general statement you need 30" height by about 55" length (don't forget your shooter rod!) by 29" width. If you are only concerned about hauling one pin, generally the width and length are not the issue with any SUV or Crossover, it is the height. Remember it has to get through the back opening, there really needs to be 30" there. And don't forget sunroofs when measuring...on some vehicles they actually reduce the available height at that point. Of course we are only talking the modern, typical pins where the head comes down!

#65 6 years ago
    Quoted from islandpinball:

Hank did you find out about the Hyundai Sante Fe? i am thinking about getting a 2013 model sometime in the next 6 months....how does it handle pins?

I'm thinking about getting the Santa Fe Sport. It looks as if it will haul a pin fine. Wanted to check NIB box dimensions, but I do not know what I need for that

#66 6 years ago

2006 Pontiac Vibe's opening curves too much on the sides and is short by 1/2 inch for getting a Sega Frankenstein in it. I could haul anything that I took the head off though, but I don't know how to do that.

2004 Ford Explorer hauls 1 pin just fine, but there's the "hump" that you've got to deal on the floor at the opening, so probably best to put something under the pin somehow so you can get a grip on it to get it up/over when getting it out.

#67 6 years ago

the Sante Fe Sport has 39 inches in height

The other Sante Fe regular or limited is about 3-4 inches less.

#68 6 years ago

Hmmm interesting .

Thanks for the info. If you wind a getting it let me know how you like it.
    Much appreciated to all who commented

#69 6 years ago

Santa Fe has 30.5 inches.

1 year later
    #70 4 years ago

I've got a 2013 full size Hyundai Santa Fe. Has anyone fit a pinball in one? Is 30.5" enough to clear a 90's bally pin?
    Thanks

#71 4 years ago

Sante Fe is not a good vehicle. Not the most dependable choice and terrible resale value. Try a toyota first then honda. Just sayin

#72 4 years ago

3rd vote for the Ford Edge hauling new pins out of box. We hauled three in the time we owned it. My wife picked our new SUV... Toyota Venza. I haven't measured it yet, but I have my fingers crossed.

#73 4 years ago

Rollin in my 97 Infiniti Qx4, eats gas and is underpowered but has a nice ride and the interior has all the creature comforts.

0918141555.jpg
    #74 4 years ago

Gonna be looking for a used Escape to haul pins. Is there any year that doesn't work?

#75 4 years ago
    Quoted from indy5mike:

Gonna be looking for a used Escape to haul pins. Is there any year that doesn't work?

All years work up through current models. Speaking from posts here and friend who's had one of each generation.

#76 4 years ago

I have a Suburban. Fantastic truck...love it. Fits a pin easily. Gotta say though, the Avalanche mentioned earlier in the thread is way more versatile for hauling pins.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    £ 39.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    Apparel - Men
    Great American Pinball
    $ 18.95
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 35.95
    Playfield - Other
    MicksPinball
    $ 14.00
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    € 279.00
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 60.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Whitewater pinball mods
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Texas Pinball
    $ 209.99
    $ 4.95
    There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside