Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 76 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by 27dnast
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0918141555.jpg
    199391_1883166887011_6570479_n.jpg
    totantb.jpg
    avalanche.jpg
    image.jpg
    There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 10 years ago

Just curious as I was looking at some vehicles and it seems some just will not fit a pin.

I want to start my search by finding out what vehicles can haul a pin.

I'm pretty sure the Accura MDX, Toyota 4 runner and some others are okay. I like the Subaru crossover, but I doubt a pin will fit.

Any suggestions?

Post edited by The_Dude_Abides : Please do not use mostly capital letters in thread headers.

#2 10 years ago

I have used a RAV 4 many times and 1 fits comfortably. I am thinking about getting a Toyota Highlander and hope 2 can fit in it.

#3 10 years ago
    Quoted from captainadam_21:

I have used a RAV 4 many times and 1 fits comfortably. I am thinking about getting a Toyota Highlander and hope 2 can fit in it.

I don't know about that... fitting 2 takes a lot of space. I did it within an inch of clearance and had to stack the backboxes in my 07 GMC Yukon XL.

// Error: Image 122192 not found //

// Error: Image 118623 not found //

#4 10 years ago

93 Chevy Suburban 2500 4x4 w/454, I can fit two pins with room to spare and most any standard video games. I can also pull just about any trailer for larger loads and with four wheel drive there's no concerns of getting stuck somewhere. Of course the trade of is I only get about ten miles to the gallon (twelve when I'm going downhill with a tail wind) so I can see why a RAD4 may be a more economical choice.

#5 10 years ago

I can fit one in my '10 GMC Terrain. Not a lot of head room left over, though.

I think I've heard people say that the Dodge Journey can fit 2 (I don't know how that can be). Also, the Honda Fit will carry one, plus get you some great mpg.

#6 10 years ago

I have two that work great:
    1) A Yukon XL and it fits two comfortably
    2) A 2011 Ford Escape that fits one very comfortably with room for extras

Good luck with the search.

#7 10 years ago

NIB sterns fit in 2006 Tucson. I even did it one with pallet still strapped on.

#8 10 years ago

Thanks I'm okay with the ability to just haul 1 pin

I'm liking the 4runner and the Rav4

I'm also liking some of the Subaru line.

The Ford Edge looks cool but I'm not sure a pin will fit

Whatever i get I'm sure I'll need some sort of sleek matting to slide em in easy.

#9 10 years ago

Ford Explorer (mine happens to be 2008). Lots of room for a pin plus extra stuff (dolly, tools, etc).

#10 10 years ago

I fit one into the back of my Ford Flex. Get the Eco-boost 6cyl engine for twin turbo fun!

#11 10 years ago

Don't be so sure on the MDX. I have one and the top of the folded backbox hits the liner and it's difficult to slide over the hinged part of the second row of seating.

#12 10 years ago

Chevy Traverse!....room for 2.

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Also, the Honda Fit will carry one, plus get you some great mpg.

You know, I thought I wanted a crossover SUV to move pins. But then my buddy let me use his Honda Fit to transfer a pin to my new house. HOLY BALLS. That is a tiny car, but it fit the game with room to spare for 2 guys in the front seat, a 50lb dog in the back with the game, and some luggage.

#14 10 years ago

The Ford Expedition will haul 2 pins with room to spare. On longer trips I grab the Wife's RAV 4 to help with gas mileage...obviously only getting one back there

#15 10 years ago

Mazda CX5, 30+MPG and fits a pin easy.

#16 10 years ago

So MDX does not fit well

RAV4 is in the running as is 4 runner and maybe the Ford Flex or Ford Edge.

I wish someone had a Ford Edge and could comment on it.

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

I don't know about that... fitting 2 takes a lot of space. I did it within an inch of clearance and had to stack the backboxes in my GMC Yukon XL.

I wouldn't think this is possible....pics or it didn't happen. And you got pics!

#18 10 years ago

Does this qualify as a Crossover/SUV?

image.jpgimage.jpg

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

Does this qualify as a Crossover/SUV?

LOL - AWESOME!!

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from hank527:

So MDX does not fit well
    RAV4 is in the running as is 4 runner and maybe the Ford Flex or Ford Edge.
    I wish someone had a Ford Edge and could comment on it.

When I was researching vehicles, I checked on an Edge, and 1 will fit nicely is what I was told on RGP by some owners.

Chris

#21 10 years ago

Unless they've changed the inside/headliner of the Honda Pilot in the last few years, you can get 2 modern unboxed standard width machines in the back of one. One sideways behind the front seats, one behind that 'normal style' towards the tailgate. A snug fit, but do-able. Pretty good on gas too. I moved a Sega Harley Davidson and a Williams No Fear like this. You could probably move a standard sized game sideways in the frontal rear area as mentioned and widebody behind it towards the tailgate (plenty of room from side to side for the rear game) (EDIT : Slide the games in from the rear then reposition)

You cannot completely get a NIB Stern into one of these; unless you leave the rear gate glass up, due to the size of the box.

#22 10 years ago

The wife's 2009 Ford Escape fits 1 pin including the 40 part of the 60/40 split seat available for my 8 year old helper. NIB stern just fit front to back as I had about 1/4" to spare. No back seat rider with that one though!!

#23 10 years ago

Honda Element!! Plenty of room and a nice low tailgate.

#24 10 years ago

Range Rover (big one, not sure about Sport) fits one great.

#25 10 years ago

Porsche Cayenne holds one pin, no problem. Even a widebody with a gun shooter like IJ....plus, you get home pretty quick.

#26 10 years ago

How about the Hyndai Santa Fe? That's also another option. I like the tech stuff and the prices seem pretty good?

#27 10 years ago

The best SUV I've ever used to transport pins was the, now retired, Ford Excursion!

#28 10 years ago

I can't beat my 2005 VW Golf diesel for games where the heads can be removed. 48 mpg helps with the pin transport budget. And if you take the front passenger seat out, 2 heads (1 has to be a small wedge head) fit there and 2 cabinets on their sides fit in the back. At 221,000 miles I just replaced it with a VW Jetta diesel wagon which has more depth so no need to remove the passenger seat to transport 2 pins, mileage is still good at 44 mpg.

#29 10 years ago

The old body style Toyota Highlander will fit a standard sized pin without taking the head off. It will not fit a widebody. (Found out the hard way when going to purchase a Batman Forever) The rear hatch opening is only 31 inches...

#30 10 years ago

My honda pilot can easily fit a nib pin. Plus i have room for a few kids on the way. I couldnt be happier with the vehicle.

#31 10 years ago

Anyone know about an H2? I am considering buying one but would like to be able to move a pin without a lot of trouble.

#32 10 years ago

05 Chevy Tahoe easily hauls a pin.

#33 10 years ago

My Avalanche fits 4. One in the back seat (wall folded down) 2 standing up, one on the tailgate.
    Good times!

avalanche.jpgavalanche.jpg

#34 10 years ago

Hey,

Girlfriend has a 2009 Outlander. About 80,000 miles, runs awesome, hauled a ton of games with that thing.

Luke

#35 10 years ago
    Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

My Avalanche fits 4. One in the back seat (wall folded down) 2 standing up, one on the tailgate.Good times!

NICE!!!!!!!!!

#36 10 years ago

I had a Ford Edge and hauled a White Water with it and a few others but I think they were all Williams machines.

#37 10 years ago

2010 and later rx350 is about an inch too short.

#38 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

The old body style Toyota Highlander will fit a standard sized pin without taking the head off. It will not fit a widebody. (Found out the hard way when going to purchase a Batman Forever) The rear hatch opening is only 31 inches...

What the height the issue? I thought widebody pins overall, were no wider than standard pins on the head. Just the body was wider.

Maybe Sega was different?

Chris

#39 10 years ago

My ML 350 fits a single pin no problem.
    Good luck with the vehicle hunt.

#40 10 years ago

A 4-door Jeep Wrangler will fit 1 NIB pin nicely. I love my Wrangler!

#41 10 years ago

I need to check out the Santa Fe. right now I have a 2002 Chevy and can haul 3 or 1 NIB Stern pin in the back. Problem is its old and just too high to lift them in.

#42 10 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

I don't know about that... fitting 2 takes a lot of space. I did it within an inch of clearance and had to stack the backboxes in my 07 GMC Yukon XL.

#43 10 years ago

I have a ford edge, haven't hauled a pin with it yet though, but I bought it to haul 1 pin plus extras. It is bigger than the escape that everyone says is a great pin hauling vehicle. I have done a long road trip in it though, Little Rock, AR to Chicago 12 hours, I drove the entire way no problems at all great road trip vehicle.

#44 10 years ago
    Quoted from Benaar:

Ford Explorer (mine happens to be 2008). Lots of room for a pin plus extra stuff (dolly, tools, etc).

I have a 2006 and we got two Space Invaders in it.

#45 10 years ago
    Quoted from hank527:

I like the Subaru crossover, but I doubt a pin will fit.

Subaru XV: no way in 1 piece
    Subaru Forester: no problem

#46 10 years ago

We have a Subaru Outback 2010, and pins don't fit in it very easily. It's not quite high enough as the interior's roof hangs low.

#47 10 years ago
    Quoted from mamemaster:

Chevy Traverse!....room for 2.

I had never heard of this SUV until I rented one last week at Hertz. WOW! What a smooth ride! Very impressed...

#48 10 years ago

NOT what I have. 2011 Jeep Patriot 4x4. Plenty big enough. But the F**KING back gate is 1 inch too short to fit a pin. However the interior cavity is big enough. I want to trade it, but its a fantastic Jeep and I will only lose money on a trade. GRRR makes me mad everytime I open the rear.

#49 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

NOT what I have. 2011 Jeep Patriot 4x4. Plenty big enough. But the F**KING back gate is 1 inch too short to fit a pin. However the interior cavity is big enough. I want to trade it, but its a fantastic Jeep and I will only lose money on a trade. GRRR makes me mad everytime I open the rear.

No way to take some of the trimming off temporarily to get the space you need to fit a pin?

#50 10 years ago
    Quoted from Andrzej:

No way to take some of the trimming off temporarily to get the space you need to fit a pin?

That is an interesting idea. But I would assume that is glued? As well their is a flashlight in the back. I can take the flashlight out, but the charger still has some thickness. Love the Jeep. But hate its rear.

There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-suv-or-crossover-for-hauling-pins/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.