(Topic ID: 23072)

Best SUV for Pin Hauling?

By Av8

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

P1010019_-_Copy.JPG
    Fit.jpg
    Lost_World_&_Big_Guns_003.JPG
    Lost_World_&_Big_Guns_001.JPG
    2012-08-02_11.14.27.jpg
    2012-08-02_11.38.38.jpg
    Expedition-_Blacked-Out_.jpg
    PinballLife.jpg
    Expedition_.jpg
    BK2K_&_T2.,.jpg
    2012-03-01_14.44.35.jpg

There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 11 years ago

I'm considering a camper shell for my 2wd '98 Ford Ranger. Can still only haul one at a time though.
    V6, low, bed liner for easy sliding, decent gas mileage.

#52 11 years ago
    Quoted from beepnutz:

Not a problem. I've had several A list games on there. Did you read my post?, blankets and plastic wrap! Much safer than NAVL.
    Bob

Good luck with blankets and plastic when some idiot rear ends you, but if that is your only option I hope for safe travels for you!

#53 11 years ago

I can't imagine 325 lbs on a cargo carrier is all
    That good on the frame of the car. That's some serious tongue weight.

#54 11 years ago

Toyota 4Runner

#55 11 years ago

Not worried about getting rear ended and usually only do one pin deals, so usually none outside. Most pins are 250 lbs. or less and any frame can handle that with ease. You guys worry too much.

#56 11 years ago

I would think a hearse would be best. Keep in the roller system for coffins and you can just slide the pin in and out.

#57 11 years ago

BINGO! Thats it.

Quoted from RustyLizard:

I would think a hearse would be best. Keep in the roller system for coffins and you can just slide the pin in and out.

#58 11 years ago

I think I honestly would rather walk than drive a Toyota. Butt Ugly cars, ugly little trucks. I never understood the appeal. A toilet on wheels gets a lot of mpg too, doesn't mean I'm driving one ;l

#59 11 years ago

I found out the hard way recently that a mini Countryman will not fit a pin. It's big enough inside but the opening is not large enough by about 1".

#60 11 years ago
    Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

I think I honestly would rather walk than drive a Toyota. Butt Ugly cars, ugly little trucks. I never understood the appeal. A toilet on wheels gets a lot of mpg too, doesn't mean I'm driving one ;l

Funny! But so wrong. What do you drive? After 7 years My Toyota drives like new and is crazy reliable.

#61 11 years ago

I had an Avalanche for 5 years, that fit 4 pins once (back wall out) I hauled so many pins in that truck I wore the tailgate out. I never thought it was too bad at the pump either. Right now, I have Tahoe. Works well when the weather is bad, and works well pulling an open trailer for more than one, pin loads. To each their own, just saying from a personal stand point- Never could get over the terrible looking Toyota designs. I've heard they run great but so does my toaster.

#62 11 years ago

I have an Audi q7 and a Nissan frontier. Both great.

#63 11 years ago
    Quoted from Av8:

Funny! But so wrong. What do you drive? After 7 years My Toyota drives like new and is crazy reliable.

I also own a toyota (09 Sienna minivan LE) and as far as reliability goes it has been awesome. It's also the most boring vehicle ever to drive...a big part of a why it's so reliable I think is because it doesn't have nearly as much stuff on it as other vehicles, lol. Basic things just kill me on it, like the headlights that don't automatically shut off, the doors that randomly lock themselves, the stereo that can't get loud enough to listen to AM stations in noisy area, etc. It's the best pin hauler though, you can haul 3 games in it.

#64 11 years ago

I put down the rear seat in my Suburban and put a full sheet of plywood in the back to help the pins slide in and out. Three pins go in and I still have room for some more parts and baggage without blocking the rear view mirror.

John

#65 11 years ago

I got a 2002 Sante Fe for 3k with 102k mi. Fits one pin, its reliable, cheap and gets decent gas mileage.

There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-suv-for-pin-hauling/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.