• World Poker Tour 6 votes
    1%
  • Avengers 7 votes
    2%
  • Metallica 27 votes
    6%

(438 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSC09909.JPG
internet_troll_by_trowawing99-d389jry.jpg
o-doyle-rules-billy-madison-costume.jpg
100_0044.JPG
100_0124.JPG
100_0185.JPG

There are 160 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 5 years ago

1. AC/DC
2. Ironman
3. LOTR
4. Tron

Honorable mention to X-Men.

#102 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I was refering to this statement, as Tron or AC/DC have not stood up enough to the tests of time yet, to warrant a bye for the first round.

Oh we "get" what you are saying, then you followed with the "regardless of what you think". Youve entered the Troll zone. Have fun there I guess? Not sure what you plan on accomplishing there.

internet_troll_by_trowawing99-d389jry.jpg

#103 5 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Oh we "get" what you are saying, then you followed with the "regardless of what you think". Youve entered the Troll zone. Have fun there I guess? Not sure what you plan on accomplishing there.

internet_troll_by_trowawing99-d3... 86 KB

Sparkey mod? Made the head smash the keyboard hahaha

#104 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

so who made the first stupid assumption.

You did.

Quoted from Hazoff:

WHAT, that's stupid.

#105 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Maybe, all I said is to me STLE is the best Stern and the best Pinball to date. you made the first comment regarding because it's new I'm not sincere so who made the first stupid assumption. Why are there so many STLE haters? Why can't I post my opinion? Why don't you know how to spell stupid?

You can post your opinion, I am free to point out the literally BILLION other times I have seen gushing over the latest NIB toy.

It is certainly okay to gush over the "hot new girlfriend" you just spent 1/3 the cost of a decent new car on. It is also okay for those without those blinders on to have a chuckle.

In regards to my spelling, maybe I shood sell some blood to bye a dikshonary.

Or maybe I was deliberately spelling it wrong and it went waaaaay over your head.

#106 5 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

You can post your opinion, I am free to point out the literally BILLION other times I have seen gushing over the latest NIB toy.
It is certainly okay to gush over the "hot new girlfriend" you just spent 1/3 the cost of a decent new car on. It is also okay for those without those blinders on to have a chuckle.
In regards to my spelling, maybe I shood sell some blood to bye a dikshonary.
Or maybe I was deliberately spelling it wrong and it went waaaaay over your head.

It didn't go over my head it was a joke which must have gone over yours, anyway I do not wish to do this anymore. I know you are right when it comes to a lot of pins, even the worst I've bought had that first couple of days euphoria (Scared Stiff bought and sold in a week). STLE is not that way for me so you can either respect me opinion or not but one way or another I don't care enough about this to take any further. BYE

#107 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

It didn't go over my head it was a joke which must have gone over yours, anyway I do not wish to do this anymore. I know you are right when it comes to a lot of pins, even the worst I've bought had that first couple of days euphoria (Scared Stiff bought and sold in a week). STLE is not that way for me so you can either respect me opinion or not but one way or another I don't care enough about this to take any further. BYE

I promise I respect "you" opinion. And I am glad you are taking your ball and going home.

This might have gotten real ugly with one of us flying across the country to give the other a noogie

#108 5 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I also think that games scratch different itches to the point there is no "best".

Following that suggestion, IMHO:

Best journey/quest: LOTR
Best bang for bucks: WPT
Best for tournament play: ACDC-Xmen
Best music: ACDC
Best "bling": Tron
Best flow: ST / SM
Best quotes: (tie) ACDC / Batman "you're becoming an annoyance"
Best hidden jewel: RBION
Best unfinished pin: WoF
Best potential once finished: Metallica
Best theme: TSPP
Best rules: WPT/LOTR/TSPP

#109 5 years ago

^^^^^^^^^^ Great summary Jim….

Stern has a lot of great games and I agree big time with WPT getting best bang for the buck and best rules….

For me and what I have its,

Ac/dc premium and Lotr le 1a and 1b
Wpt and SM 2a and 2b

Too hard to say!

The one I want to own one day is TSPP and maybe TRON to figure out why everybody loves it so much. Maybe I just need a lot more time on it. I hated WPT at first too.

#110 5 years ago

Tron is my favorite.

#111 5 years ago

Rules are important, but layout makes it or breaks it for me in a pinball machine. The only machine in this poll with a lot of votes that doesn't have the basic SR hit the opposite ramp and send the ball to the opposite flipper layout is LOTR. On the other hand, I do realize that top rules are the most important to most pinheads, which may explain things.

#112 5 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I promise I respect "you" opinion. And I am glad you are taking your ball and going home.
This might have gotten real ugly with one of us flying across the country to give the other a noogie

It was a typo, you had to keep going with it. No offense but you are obviously a bit of a douche, and a STLE hater, that's your problem, maybe you don't have a lot of cash and if I offended you I'm sorry but no reason to come down on someone with the money to buy what they want, or perhaps your a WOZ lover and possess a mangina, I don't know but something is wrong. Why don't you post your collection?

#113 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

No offense but you are obviously a bit of a douche, maybe you don't have a lot of cash, or perhaps your a WOZ lover and possess a mangina

Why in the world would he take offense to that ^^^^^^^^^^??

#114 5 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

I like this list; Thank you for rolling with it. Best best of list so far this thread

#115 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

It was a typo, you had to keep going with it. No offense but you are obviously a bit of a douche, and a STLE hater, that's your problem, maybe you don't have a lot of cash and if I offended you I'm sorry but no reason to come down on someone with the money to buy what they want, or perhaps your a WOZ lover and possess a mangina, I don't know but something is wrong. Why don't you post your collection?

Oh man, I need to wrap you up and stick a bow on you as you are just the gift that keeps on giving.

My wife hopped on the computer earlier today and had a laugh at what you were posting. At this point I honestly just want to spare you further embarassment.

I am a jerk sometimes yes. But you have trumped me; I can't go any further without just being mean about things. STLE is a good, but to declare it the BEST PIN OF ALL TIME before the code is even complete is embarassing. I'll leave you to it.

#116 5 years ago

Voted for LOTR because its the best
Followed closely by TSPP and SM In that order

#117 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Are you serious? You get the DB award of the day. Maybe week and month too.

#118 5 years ago

It makes me laugh when a new pin comes out & people declair it the best. Right their crazy j

#119 5 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Oh man, I need to wrap you up and stick a bow on you as you are just the gift that keeps on giving.
My wife hopped on the computer earlier today and had a laugh at what you were posting. At this point I honestly just want to spare you further embarassment.
I am a jerk sometimes yes. But you have trumped me; I can't go any further without just being mean about things. STLE is a good, but to declare it the BEST PIN OF ALL TIME before the code is even complete is embarassing. I'll leave you to it.

R U for real, I feel no embarrassment what so ever. I believe that STLE is the best pinball to date that's my opinion it didn't require any response but you felt the need to make a derogatory comment. Please get mean as I don't see what you could possibly say to me, what is best Stern and best overall pin to you? I would like to know.

#120 5 years ago

oh boy. you have got to be kidding me.

i am "the wife". i am a far bigger bitch than he is douche. trust me, my spare bedroom is full of frigging pinballs. i wish we didn't have the money for them sometimes because then i might have a place to call my own. we have the kids' playroom, and his playroom (and get your minds out of the gutters, you nasty people. i'm talking pins and board games, transformers and magic cards). no room for me. *sniff*

i shake my head at you, hazoff. to say something brand new is the BEST PINBALL OF ALL TIME is over the top. and this is coming from someone who doesn't know a bloody thing about pinball. except that i suck.

#121 5 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

oh boy. you have got to be kidding me.
i am "the wife". i am a far bigger bitch than he is douche. trust me, my spare bedroom is full of frigging pinballs. i wish we didn't have the money for them sometimes because then i might have a place to call my own. we have the kids' playroom, and his playroom (and get your minds out of the gutters, you nasty people. i'm talking pins and board games, Transformers and magic cards). no room for me. *sniff*
i shake my head at you, hazoff. to say something brand new is the BEST PINBALL OF ALL TIME is over the top. and this is coming from someone who doesn't know a bloody thing about pinball. except that i suck.

Listen I've gone through all the top pins out there and for me it really is, the theme is a big part of it. Look how many people love AC/DC and while I don't hate the tunes it's not my thing and thusly would never be as good to me as a fan, or WOZ a lot people really love that pin, can't stand it. Why can't a new pin be my favorite? I don't see the big problem you guy's have with this. STLE just feels special to me and a lot of my friends who are also pinheads agree. Sorry it doesn't coincide with what you believe but who really cares anyway?

#122 5 years ago

Neutral party observation:
StarTrek is one of the best "out of the gate" pins Stern has produced. Ever.
It may well be their best looking machine ever built. Definitely the best lighting.
Amazing ramps. Unbelievable flow and speed as well.

Problem is, right now all the modes are way too similar. In fact, there's very little difference between them.

As we've just seen with Xmen, a code update can turn a frog into a prince.
Here's hoping Stern can take StarTrek from a prince to a king.

Until they update the code, most people will agree that this is not an all-time greatest pin (or ever close to best ever!) compared to others that have been completed.

Of course you're entitled to your opinion, and it's awesome that people like yourself are absolutely stoked with a NIB machine like this. Unfortunately, far too often new pin owners become staunch defenders of their newest title, for fear that they might have purchased a game that others will consider a dud.

Trust me; if you love it, go ahead and tell people it's your all time favourite pin, but trying to convince people that it's the best machine ever made is a steep hill to climb.

You should come over sometime for some ACDC by the way. I'll show you firsthand why IT'S the best game ever made.

#123 5 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Definitely the best lighting.

I think AC/DC is pretty equal in that department....

DSC09909.JPG

#124 5 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I think AC/DC is pretty equal in that department....

DSC09909.JPG 162 KB

Preaching to the converted, Flank. I even like the artwork -but try telling that to anyone else.

#125 5 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

It may well be their best looking machine ever built. Definitely the best lighting.
Problem is, right now all the modes are way too similar. In fact, there's very little difference between them.
Until they update the code, most people will agree that this is not an all-time greatest pin (or ever close to best ever!) compared to others that have been completed.
Of course you're entitled to your opinion, and it's awesome that people like yourself are absolutely stoked with a NIB machine like this. Unfortunately, far too often new pin owners become staunch defenders of their newest title, for fear that they might have purchased a game that others will consider a dud.
Trust me; if you love it, go ahead and tell people it's your all time favourite pin, but trying to convince people that it's the best machine ever made is a steep hill to climb.
You should come over sometime for some ACDC by the way. I'll show you firsthand why IT'S the best game ever made.

I agree 100%, every pin I buy new or not gets the most play that first month and yes not always but a lot of the time it's "wow what an amazing pin" then slowly loses it's flair. This is truly the first one for me and yes being Star Trek really helps, hearing Klingon and Nero as apposed to cheesy action hero's or jokey one liners really paves the way for greatness for a fella like myself. Anyway, I only wish the same for everyone else with what ever pinball that may be for him or her. I never started my own forum to praise STLE, it's a poll I voted and I stated my view and I'm a stubborn bastard ofcourse so when someone challenges my authenticity it's hard not to get offensive. Thanks for playing a little defense for me. LATER

#126 5 years ago

St will get old fast . Watch.

#127 4 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Lets see what the best (modern) Stern is. I cant include every game on the poll but I will try and choose the highest regarded ones.

Indiana Jones. And yes, I mean the Stern version, not the Williams version. And no, I don't care that not a single other person named it the best or even mentioned it.

#128 4 years ago

LOTR sure feels like Stern's TAF to me...

#129 4 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I like this list; Thank you for rolling with it. Best best of list so far this thread

Quoted from jlm33:

I would substitute STLE for best bling above of all others followed by Acdc premium IMO.

I would call Tron best ZEN pin.

#130 4 years ago

LOTR is my favorite...

#131 4 years ago
Quoted from joemagiera:

Indiana Jones. And yes, I mean the Stern version, not the Williams version. And no, I don't care that not a single other person named it the best or even mentioned it.

I too love the Stern Indiana Jones, sold the Williams after a couple a months but the Stern is a keeper for me. Awesome sound one of the best looking pinballs I've seen and great gameplay not too deep but that's not always what makes for a great game.

#132 4 years ago

As others have said, no Tron = no Poll

Tron
ST
POTC
AV

#133 4 years ago

Surprised Family Guy/Shrek didn't make the poll. It's a whole lot of fun.

#134 4 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Well said, however...
IMO, STLE even in it's present early software state is easily Sterns best game to date.
My reasons are:
The game is simply fun and keeps me coming back for more (600 + games in 30 days of ownership).
The game is immersive, my analogy is like going from a 50" flat panel to an 80 or 90". If you take your eyes off the game for a second...draino...no need for an LCD here...ever.
The game is the first that I have ever played that has made me a better overall player, I now routinely get better scores on my other games.
The build quality & materials are the best to date for Stern, hope this continues moving forward. (metal backbox, real backglass, stainless custom speaker panel, reminds me of the classic B/W custom speaker panels for each game before they went cheap with flat black ones.
BFD on the RGB's, they are eye candy, not much more (at this point, 1.4, I expect more on the way). You folks who stereotype & bash the game because of this just don't get it, the game has way more going on than a light & laser show fest.
Sold my STTNG (had not moved from my basement in 14-15 years), to make space for this with no regrets, it is simply boring compared to STLE.
Full disclosure, I'm not a trekkie, but I do like the franchise a lot, that doesn't hurt either.
Again IMO, STLE is the best new fun game I've played since AFM that is repeatably playable. (And i am most certainly a B/W snob).
I think the king (SR) is far from done on this one and will make it a king...

#135 4 years ago

Just watched both ST movies so now I see where the modes and call outs come from.

To me, it makes more logical sense to complete each mode three deep. I mean otherwise you are just jumping around to different parts of the movies in no order.

So I like to play three deep at this point. It would be nice to see if there was an incentive to playing the movies in order or at least complete the full mode. But I like that we are given the option to play however we wish, unlike Tron or SM where the modes more or less start on the fly.

#136 4 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Quoted from Hazoff:

R U for real, I feel no embarrassment what so ever. I believe that STLE is the best pinball

Gentle men please just put a cork in it . Move on , holy cow .

#137 4 years ago
Quoted from GGG:

Sold my STTNG (had not moved from my basement in 14-15 years), to make space for this with no regrets, it is simply boring compared to STLE.

After 14-15 years, I'm going to be bored of any game.

#139 4 years ago

1-TRON
2-AC/DC
3-LOTR
4-X-Men
5-Met
6-Spiderman
7-StarTrek
8-TSPP
9-IronMan

#140 4 years ago

Wow. This got a lot more responses that I thought it would. I was thinking mostly just poll votes. Now I really feel stupid for leaving out tron.

#141 4 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

After 14-15 years, I'm going to be bored of any game.

That is the fine line of being a collector . For me personally it is a matter of space. I wish I could have kept all my pinball ball machines over the years.

#142 4 years ago

AC/DC is the best game ever to date. That game alone made me sell off most of my Bally/WMS & pick up newer stuff. What a difference a day makes.

#143 4 years ago

Gosh, I just opened this thread and see avengers made the list but not Tron?

#144 4 years ago

Man I own a WPT great game but even I know it doesn't belong on this list, it isn't top 10 maybe in the top 15 if it is lucky...

1. ST
2. ACDC
3. TRON
4. IM
5. SM
6. LOTR
7. MET
8. AV
9. X-Men
10. TSPP

#145 4 years ago

The list should have been.

TSPP
LOTR
IM
SM
AC/DC
TRON
MET
ST

Those are the heavy hitters of the stern lineup. Even tho, i'm big fans of BDK and TF, I know they don't have the staying power to warrant a lot of votes over these heavy hitters. At the same time, I don't care for SM, TSPP, MET that much, but I do know that many like them and do or could have long term staying power and/or a good following. So the list isn't based off what I like or don't like, it's pretty much what everyone knows as common favorites.

#146 4 years ago

X-men is the best Stern by a country mile imo.

#147 4 years ago
Quoted from bcrage88:

Man I own a WPT great game but even I know it doesn't belong on this list, it isn't top 10 maybe in the top 15 if it is lucky...
1. ST
2. ACDC
3. TRON
4. IM
5. SM
6. LOTR
7. MET
8. AV
9. X-Men
10. TSPP

I think WPT is better than at least one on that list...

#148 4 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

I think WPT is better than at least one on that list...

# 6 or # 8 ?

#149 4 years ago

I only have one, so I voted for it so when I sell it will be worth $10k...hopefully by Christmas.

Robert

#150 4 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

X-men is the best Stern by a country mile imo.

I agree, I've played the whole list and there's no way that X-men is not in the top three.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 7,199.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 38.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
6,000 (Firm)
Sale Pending!
Barrington, IL
$ 7,199.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 110.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pin Mods
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 160 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside