Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC09909.JPG
internet_troll_by_trowawing99-d389jry.jpg
o-doyle-rules-billy-madison-costume.jpg
100_0044.JPG
100_0124.JPG
100_0185.JPG
There are 160 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

sorry, but tron would barely be in the top 5 bracket, regardless of what you think. Much better games out there that have stood the tests of time.

This "my opinion matters but yours doesn't" attitude grew tired long ago.

#52 10 years ago

Voted for AC/DC but with the new code would have gone X-Men Le

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from akm:

I value the solo experience more so than the multi-player, so I picked Lord of the Rings. Great shots, great modes, great game overall. AC\DC is awesome (seems to be in the lead as of writing this), but I enjoy it a lot more in social settings. I get bored of it when I'm not competing against someone, I'm going for the same few things over and over again, Lord of the Rings has a lot more variation when I'm playing solo.

Well said! I totally agree

#54 10 years ago

I haven't played them all, so i'm not going to vote, but from the list in the poll, they all seem great. I love pinball, and play whatever game i come across

#55 10 years ago

I love TFLE. Awesome game to me.

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Crap. No more room tho. Knew that I would forget something

Avengers is in the poll but not Tron? or even Xmen? LOTR is the best one in the poll IMHO.

#57 10 years ago

Can't vote as I haven't played them all equally. I'd vote LOTR as I have one, and do like it ... But I know the ACDC (premium) camp is pretty loyal.

#58 10 years ago

STLE for sure, not just best Stern but best Pinball to date.

#59 10 years ago

Where is BBH, RBION, MONOPOLY, just to name a few.
My favourite at the mo is definitely BBH, great fun and definitely a crowd pleaser.

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

STLE for sure, not just best Stern but best Pinball to date.

Of course, since it is the newest why wouldn't that be true?

In April Mustang will be boldy decleared to be the fastest, bestest pinball ever. Better get your hardhat on in advance

#61 10 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Better get your hardhat on in advance

Or your hip boots. The BS sometimes runs deep.

#62 10 years ago

100_0185.JPG100_0185.JPG 100_0124.JPG100_0124.JPG
#64 10 years ago

LOTR is a top 5 Stern for sure....not sure about the Knapp Clownpuke Edition, though...

#65 10 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Of course, since it is the newest why wouldn't that be true?
In April Mustang will be boldy decleared to be the fastest, bestest pinball ever. Better get your hardhat on in advance

WHAT, that's stupid. I and a lot of others feel that way regarding STLE. If you're foolish comment was true how come I never liked Tron, never liked AC/DC or Xmen, Avengers, TSPP, and especially WOZ which is not a Stern but still a new game, pull you're head out of you're ass you don't even own a pinball machine.

#67 10 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

WHAT, that's stupid. I and a lot of others feel that way regarding STLE. If you're foolish comment was true how come I never liked Tron, never liked AC/DC or Xmen, Avengers, TSPP, and especially WOZ which is not a Stern but still a new game, pull you're head out of you're ass you don't even own a pinball machine.

Ummmm, because he doesn't list his pins on pinside that means he doesn't own any?? Weird

#68 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

LOTR is a top 5 Stern for sure....not sure about the Knapp Clownpuke Edition, though...

I would call it Psychedelic Edition

#69 10 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Crap. No more room tho. Knew that I would forget something

Your poll included TF, WPT, and AV over TRON?

You forgot the #1 or #2 Stern right up there with ACDC (IMO).

Should ask for this thread to be deleted and try again.

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Here we go again. I would agree that STLE is your best pin.

#71 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Here we go again. I would agree that STLE is your best pin.

You forgot to put "YOUR" in caps.

#72 10 years ago
Quoted from NM:

Your poll included TF, WPT, and AV over TRON?
You forgot the #1 or #2 Stern right up there with ACDC.
Should ask for this thread to be deleted and try again.

LMAO

#73 10 years ago

1.LOTR
2.ACDC
3.IM
4.SM
5.MET
6.ST
7.TRON

#74 10 years ago

As a longtime Bally/Williams "fanboy"? I would rate the top 3 as LOTR,TSPP and Tron.I would love all 3 honestly.

#75 10 years ago

Worst poll ever. Kind of like asking favorite soda and leaving off Coke or Pepsi, but including RC Cola or Shasta, well not quite, but catch my drift.

#76 10 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

"You" (a NIB pinball buyer) feel that way regarding almost every new purchase you make. Its like watching a TV station showing the same episode of the show over and over again, where they just change the name of the main character's love interest.

I am glad you are enjoying your ST LE. It is probably the brightest game ever. And although bright sounds sorta similar to best, I assure you they are not the same word.

Time to go cry in the corner as I don't own any pinball games. Oh, cruel world.

#77 10 years ago

SM
LOTR
FG
AVGLE

#78 10 years ago

If you vote with your wallet, my votes were 1.AC/DC Prem 2. PoTC. If I were to add/spend for a 3. it would be SM.

#79 10 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

I would call it Psychedelic Edition

Looks totally groovy to me

#80 10 years ago

Xmen LE and Tron LE need to be on that list!

#81 10 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

"You" (a NIB pinball buyer) feel that way regarding almost every new purchase you make. Its like watching a TV station showing the same episode of the show over and over again, where they just change the name of the main character's love interest.
I am glad you are enjoying your ST LE. It is probably the brightest game ever. And although bright sounds sorta similar to best, I assure you they are not the same word.
Time to go cry in the corner as I don't own any pinball games. Oh, cruel world.

Wow, a "NIB pinball buyer" I have owned over 40 machines most of which needed a lot of fixing and parts and full restoration. I don't know where you are playing you're pins but I can't take you seriously while you have never owned or restored a machine. I've been playing since I was a kid and sure I'm a big Star Trek fan and that helps but the bottom line is that STLE really feels to me anyway like the best game I've played, fun, fast, yes bright, a pin that feels like it was made in the 21st century. "you" a never owned pin guy has no idea about buying a pin and realizing quickly that it's not for you. I bought Tron and it lasted 2 weeks, several others had the same fate most of which were highly used in fact STLE and TFLE are the only 2 NIB games I've owned and TFLE is gone. Anyway I'm going to play STLE in my house in all it's greatness and you can do whatever it is you're doing. I win. LATER

#82 10 years ago

hmm, am i the only one that didnt think much of TRON ? i can be weird at times so excuse me.

LOTR, TSPP, ACDC, STLE, POTC, FG for me. thanks.

yes, no spiderman, xmen, avengers, transformers, ironman, metallica. etc. and yes ive played them all.

just my opinion.

#83 10 years ago

o-doyle-rules-billy-madison-costume.jpgo-doyle-rules-billy-madison-costume.jpg

#84 10 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Wow, a "NIB pinball buyer" I have owned over 40 machines most of which needed a lot of fixing and parts and full restoration. I don't know where you are playing you're pins but I can't take you seriously while you have never owned or restored a machine. I've been playing since I was a kid and sure I'm a big Star Trek fan and that helps but the bottom line is that STLE really feels to me anyway like the best game I've played, fun, fast, yes bright, a pin that feels like it was made in the 21st century. "you" a never owned pin guy has no idea about buying a pin and realizing quickly that it's not for you. I bought Tron and it lasted 2 weeks, several others had the same fate most of which were highly used in fact STLE and TFLE are the only 2 NIB games I've owned and TFLE is gone. Anyway I'm going to play STLE in my house in all it's greatness and you can do whatever it is you're doing. I win. LATER

I am glad you "win" the game of life and making stoopid assumptions. Enjoy your STLE. I am sure it is good, but may apparently cause brain damage. Did you monkey with the laser mechanism a little too much?

#85 10 years ago

4 of those games I wouldn't pick up unless dirt cheap. Then they would go away after a month or two. Bad list of best ever IMHO. But you do have the heavy metal pioneers on there,which is all time bast of any in my book.

#86 10 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I am glad you "win" the game of life and making stoopid assumptions. Enjoy your STLE. I am sure it is good, but may apparently cause brain damage. Did you monkey with the laser mechanism a little too much?

Maybe, all I said is to me STLE is the best Stern and the best Pinball to date. you made the first comment regarding because it's new I'm not sincere so who made the first stupid assumption. Why are there so many STLE haters? Why can't I post my opinion? Why don't you know how to spell stupid?

#87 10 years ago

LOTR....is the best IMHO. But none of this matters, every pin becomes boring/overplayed in time. I am ready for something better.

#88 10 years ago

Tron, LOTR, XM, TSPP

Need more time on ACDC but really liked the rules design.

Have yet to play ST

#89 10 years ago

My favorite three are
Sopranos
TSPP
ACDC

#90 10 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Sales numbers speak for themselves.
We all know the best recent Stern pin.
Most importantly, Stern has had a number of great titles recently.
I love the path they're on.

was on? where on? Mustang lol

#91 10 years ago

my vote just put LOTR #1
also im buying one today! WhOoohOo

#92 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Should have been the poll. Although thats one too many....we need tourney brackets! TRON and AC/DC get first round byes.

I was refering to this statement, as Tron or AC/DC have not stood up enough to the tests of time yet, to warrant a bye for the first round.

#93 10 years ago
Quoted from akm:

I value the solo experience more so than the multi-player, so I picked Lord of the Rings. Great shots, great modes, great game overall. AC\DC is awesome (seems to be in the lead as of writing this), but I enjoy it a lot more in social settings. I get bored of it when I'm not competing against someone, I'm going for the same few things over and over again, Lord of the Rings has a lot more variation when I'm playing solo.

I think lots of folks mistake AC/DC for a one trick pony. If you spend some time with one and have any imagination at all, you'll find that there's lots of different ways to play one. Like all games, you can go strictly for a high score. You can also try only to reach the wiz mode. That can be very low scoring, if you don't make it to Encore. Another way I like to play is to try to stack all three multiballs. Huge risk with huge reward, if you can do it. You can also go strictly for song champions. Check the high scores for each song when you walk up to the game and find the lowest high score. Only play that song the whole game until you get your initials up.

Lastly, when an AC/DC is being especially stingy with points, I'll play only Hells Bells (highest risk/reward shot/song in the game) and pound the bell over and over within inches of it life. Often these games are brief and low scoring, but hearing that bell sound over and over can be soothing after too many SDTM's out of the pops. Occasionally, I'll put up a really huge game while playing Hell's Bells. Nailing the bell with 3x scoring running can get very profitable very quickly. So yes, there are other ways to play AC/DC.

I won't say AC/DC is better than LOTR. Both are probably top 5 Stern's. If you could only have two pins at your crib, those two would be a good choice. One fast, one epically long.

#94 10 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

I think lots of folks mistake AC/DC for a one trick pony. If you spend some time with one and have any imagination at all, you'll find that there's lots of different ways to play one. Like all games, you can go strictly for a high score. You can also try only to reach the wiz mode. That can be very low scoring, if you don't make it to Encore. Another way I like to play is to try to stack all three multiballs. Huge risk with huge reward, if you can do it. You can also go strictly for song champions. Check the high scores for each song when you walk up to the game and find the lowest high score. Only play that song the whole game until you get your initials up.

Lastly, when an AC/DC is being especially stingy with points, I'll play only Hells Bells (highest risk/reward shot/song in the game) and pound the bell over and over within inches of it life. Often these games are brief and low scoring, but hearing that bell sound over and over can be soothing after too many SDTM's out of the pops. Occasionally, I'll put up a really huge game while playing Hell's Bells. Nailing the bell with 3x scoring running can get very profitable very quickly. So yes, there are other ways to play AC/DC.

"You nailed it" !

#95 10 years ago

I would have put "Family Guy" as a selection in the poll. Its a flat out fun and funny game.
There is no shortage of Stern titles for sure.

#96 10 years ago

No point in voting in the poll if you can only get 9 options in there.

#97 10 years ago

Metallica then Tron for me.

Old Sterns? Love Meteor and Stingray and have owned (and miss) both.

#98 10 years ago

Metallica then Tron for me.

Old Sterns? Love Meteor and Stingray and have owned (and miss) both.

#99 10 years ago

Seawitch old
Metallica new

#100 10 years ago
Quoted from RazerX:

No point in voting in the poll if you can only get 9 options in there.

That is why I have abstained. Iron Man and Tron are not even on the list but Avengers is? Hell, Avatar and BBH are twice the game Avengers is.

I also think that games scratch different itches to the point there is no "best".

Best "fast and furious" game: Iron Man
Best Epic Quest: LoTR
Best Bang for Your Buck: LoTR
Best Pin to Dump over 2K in Mods: Tron
Best Pin to Complain about Incomplete Code: Metallica

etc... You could even have categories for games where the pro plays better than the LE/Prem, and Best LE over the pro, etc...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

€ 7.50
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
Plainfield, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 12.95
5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 24.95
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 218.00
Machine - For Sale
Lombard, IL
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 160 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-stern/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.