Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 150 posts
  • 66 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by LTG
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 7 years ago

JJ at Gex or Gio at Pinball Refinery are my two go to guys. I kind of go back and forth between them with my ordering. Both are great.

#12 7 years ago
    Quoted from golfingdad1:

Can't really say that here,

Just to discuss this briefly, as it came up yesterday in a F/S thread that closed shortly after the statement was made so we could not address it:

Pinside has no policy on posting prices here. It is entirely a matter between Stern and their distributors about prices being posted. While we reserve the right to edit out a price from a post we certainly do not have a rule in place that mandates we do so.

#21 7 years ago
    Quoted from golfingdad1:

So this is out of respect to the distributor , not pinside . ?

Yes, that is 100% correct.

Quoted from ercvacation:

Speaking as a CPA, lack of a paper trail is a bad thing.

Yes, the dreaded over stated inventory issue on behalf of a retailer. I've seen it ruin two entity sales in the past dozen or so years...as it is a problem that cannot be remedied once it develops and makes your business impossible to sell.

#49 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Apparently the shippers reported delivering these games from out of state.

Wow! Since when did the shipping company become obligated to do that (as I am certain that was not voluntary)?

#105 7 years ago

So, is the Stern minimum sales price (plus no bonus items or return customer discount) just on new game releases or would it apply to older titles that are still being made like Metallica? Thanks.

#110 7 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

It would have cost me $400 more if I waited a couple more weeks.

This bums me out pretty bad. I'm in the market for one now but don't feel like taking the extra hit. Is what it is I suppose, either I want one or I don't.

This move seems to help the small volume distributors the most, but all distros should come out pretty good from this. They don't have to have a race to the bottom on price squeezing their margins down.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-stern-distributor?tu=tigerlaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.