Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 150 posts
  • 66 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by LTG
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
    There are 150 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 7 years ago

My distributor is consistently quoting higher pricing on new sterns than other sources I've heard about,I'm on the west coast and actively seeking a better company to deal with.I'm not going to mention names or spew any venom just ready to look elsewhere and hoping to at least be in the ballpark on the pricing I see discussed on new sterns when I'm ready to buy.Any recommendations or suggestions would be appreciated.

#2 7 years ago

Cointaker

#3 7 years ago

JJ at Gex or Gio at Pinball Refinery are my two go to guys. I kind of go back and forth between them with my ordering. Both are great.

#4 7 years ago

Trent at TILT has always been good to me!

#5 7 years ago

Cointaker.

#6 7 years ago

Cointaker by far

#7 7 years ago

Out of curiosity what prices is your distributor telling you?

#8 7 years ago

Have to call and ask

#9 7 years ago

I called Cointaker for a BOP 2.0 kit and the service was great. Mike at Automated in CT is a pleasure to deal with and is my go to for anything Stern, JJP, Arcade, etc.

#10 7 years ago

Melissa at cointaker

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Out of curiosity what prices is your distributor telling you?

Can't really say that here,

#12 7 years ago
    Quoted from golfingdad1:

Just to discuss this briefly, as it came up yesterday in a F/S thread that closed shortly after the statement was made so we could not address it:

Pinside has no policy on posting prices here. It is entirely a matter between Stern and their distributors about prices being posted. While we reserve the right to edit out a price from a post we certainly do not have a rule in place that mandates we do so.

#13 7 years ago

I say this because my distributor has told me , since stern has set minimum sale prices distributors are at risk of losing there contract for 6 months to 1 year .
    So this is out of respect to the distributor , not pinside .

#14 7 years ago

For a nib Stern,here in north calif. i found Eric,at Gameroomguys! They are a Platinum Stern dealer.While Cointaker gets most of my money anyway,they are not! I have a Stern tech in Sac.who does all Stern Guarantee work! Same price as everybody else,delivered to your door! Example,nib GB/pre with shaker motor installed,delivered to me,7200.IMHO

#15 7 years ago

You paid to much .

Edit, you probably had to pay sales tax, yes ?

#16 7 years ago

Ask for a cash discount. You would be surprised what deals can had once you bust out a wad of 100s.

More paper trail with other payment methods that could get a distributor in trouble.

#17 7 years ago

golfindad1 What price did you get??

#18 7 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

For a nib Stern,here in north calif. i found Eric,at Gameroomguys! They are a Platinum Stern dealer.While Cointaker gets most of my money anyway,they are not! I have a Stern tech in Sac.who does all Stern Guarantee work! Same price as everybody else,delivered to your door! Example,nib GB/pre with shaker motor installed,delivered to me,7200.IMHO

Not quite the same price as everybody else. You overpaid by quite a bit......

#19 7 years ago

Speaking as a CPA, lack of a paper trail is a bad thing.

#21 7 years ago
    Quoted from golfingdad1:

So this is out of respect to the distributor , not pinside . ?

Yes, that is 100% correct.

Quoted from ercvacation:

Speaking as a CPA, lack of a paper trail is a bad thing.

Yes, the dreaded over stated inventory issue on behalf of a retailer. I've seen it ruin two entity sales in the past dozen or so years...as it is a problem that cannot be remedied once it develops and makes your business impossible to sell.

#22 7 years ago
    Quoted from Brian541:

My distributor is consistently quoting higher pricing on new sterns than other sources I've heard about,I'm on the west coast and actively seeking a better company to deal with.I'm not going to mention names or spew any venom just ready to look elsewhere and hoping to at least be in the ballpark on the pricing I see discussed on new sterns when I'm ready to buy.Any recommendations or suggestions would be appreciated.

Keep looking for a distributor. Patience is key.

As stated earlier in the thread, you will likely get blank stares if you ask for prices in a thread like this. Easiest way for you as a first timer is to call a few different distributors on the West coast.

The cheaper the price you find, the more likely that you have found a distributor that deals with a larger volume of sales and hence, has a more reputable history and positive customer experience.

If you don't have to pay shipping, it's cheaper.

And for what it's worth, the more games a dist. sells for Stern, the higher they are on the priority list of who receives shipments of games for the NEXT title. It's just common business sense.

#23 7 years ago
    Quoted from golfingdad1:

you probably had to pay sales tax, yes ?

If you live in Ca., no matter where you buy it from, you pay sales tax or use tax. It's the law.

#24 7 years ago
    Quoted from johnwartjr:

Trent at TILT has always been good to me!

Yep...

#25 7 years ago

Cointaker great prices and great service

#26 7 years ago

OK AZTARAC,having said by how much?? Lets get some numbers going here!!

#27 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

If you live in Ca., no matter where you buy it from, you pay sales tax or use tax. It's the law.

OH, That sucks.

#28 7 years ago

10k by xmas

#29 7 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

Call JJ at game exchange, Trent at tilt, and Melissa at cointaker and see for yourself.

#30 7 years ago
    Quoted from golfingdad1:

OH, That sucks.

Yes it does! Especially when they come knocking at your door to collect the use tax. It's happened to a few pinsiders already.

#31 7 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

Lets put it this way. If you are paying over $5K for a NIB pro, you should probably keep shopping.

You should also keep in mind that prices change based on how many games are available from Stern and the dist's as well. There is nothing written in stone. If a distributor only has one title left and two people are wanting it, the price may jump up.

#32 7 years ago

I've had really great service from Jason at Classicgamerooms.com

GB will be my 5th NIB from him. I ask for a price off Ebay of course.

#33 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Yes it does! Especially when they come knocking at you door to collect the use tax. It's happened to a few pinsiders already.

California has the resources for that, wow!

#34 7 years ago
    Quoted from golfingdad1:

California has the resources for that, wow!

Apparently the shippers reported delivering these games from out of state.

#35 7 years ago

I'm impartial but Little Shop of Games in Florida (561)248-9628. Lots of NIB in stock and we ship all over the country with great rates.

#36 7 years ago
    Quoted from golfingdad1:

It's not against the rules to say what prices he was quoted. It is extremely frowned upon to say name the distributor and the price they quoted, he said he wasn't going to name the distributor which is good, but he can say the price. None of us will know who it is.

#37 7 years ago

Under those guidelines,anybody can say ,they have a better price,with no validation??

#38 7 years ago

Thanks guys for Listing Us! your recommendation means a lot to us. OP feel free to call me on my cell for pricing anytime

303-931-3685

JJ

#39 7 years ago

Agreed

#40 7 years ago

As Most of you know now.. Stern has created a Minimum Sales price. This means all Dealers of Stern Pinball cannot sell below a Minimum Price. This includes not being allowed to include anything in the price but free shipping.. No Shakers. Gift cards, Terminal Discounts Ect.

We would hope you would take into consideration what your dealer provides. Which in our mind includes Full Time Parts, Tech and Service Support, involvement in local tournaments and shows ect.

Thanks,

JJ

#41 7 years ago

With Sterns new pricing policy you will probably find that if you call (not just look at the website but call) most of the distributors mentioned this thread you will be quoted the same price. That said I've had great luck with JJ, it is very easy to get him on the phone, he responds very quickly to emails, and on a couple of occasions he has been able to get me replacement parts provided very quickly under warranty at no additional cost to me.

#42 7 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

We would hope you would take into consideration what your dealer provides ...

involvement in local torments

I've heard some dealers are difficult to deal with, but didn't expect any would be bragging about it!

#43 7 years ago

I always order from Trent at Tilt...he's been great to me, and I'm a loyal customer.

A lot of my friends order from JJ at Game Exchange, and I've heard nothing but good things.

I think Chris and Melissa at Cointaker are great people, and I've bought a lot of LEDs from them over the years.

#44 7 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

As others have noted, call around. Personally, I use GEx, but it's not my place to list their prices......

#45 7 years ago

Troy North @ Top Score Gamerooms in Festus,Mo just south of St. Louis gave me a very good price on my Met Pro Led.

#46 7 years ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

I've heard some dealers are difficult to deal with, but didn't expect any would be bragging about it!

Opps Thanks!

#47 7 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

I always order from Trent at Tilt...he's been great to me, and I'm a loyal customer.

Weren't you one of the guys that got hit for Ca. use tax?

#48 7 years ago

Also want to say if you have a local dealer that takes care of his customers and give you good pricing Go to him first! He's the guy you want to keep around the most! He can help sponsor local shows, Launch parties, Stock parts, and (some) have a showroom where you can come check out games. I do Understand sales tax can be hard, but to offset this for local Colorado guys, I offer free white glove delivery within the Denver Metro area to pinside guys. We deliver, Take down to the Basement, Setup and haul away the trash.

JJ

#49 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Apparently the shippers reported delivering these games from out of state.

Wow! Since when did the shipping company become obligated to do that (as I am certain that was not voluntary)?

#50 7 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Wow! Since when did the shipping company become obligated to do that (as I am certain that was not voluntary)?

Not sure. But RobT and Rare both mentioned they came to collect and it was the shippers that reported them. Even if they didn't, when you fill out your 540 Ca tax form, you are supposed to report and pay use tax. If an individual purchase from out of state is over $1000, that's when they hit you the hardest.

There are 150 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-stern-distributor?hl=ercvacation and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.