Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

chewy.gif
#1 4 years ago

Just curious what everyone’s opinion is on what is the best Star Wars pinball machine I’ve seen a few trilogy is available but they seem to sell fast from what I have seen the data East unless it is re-done is lopsided or something not great I thought it looked like a fun game I like the spinning R2-D2 and death star there’s of course episode one which I thought was kind of weird with the computer scre just curious what everyone’s opinion is on what is the best Star Wars pinball machine I’ve seen a few trilogies available but they seem to sell fast from what I have seen the data east unless it is re-done is lopsided or somethings not great I thought it looked like a fun game I like the spinning R2-D2 and death star there’s of course episode one which I thought was kind of weird with the screen thing... Maybe someone could chime in on the game play though and if it’s fun or how deep the game goes as far as episode one then there is of course with the new one and I’ve had some experience with that I believe there is also an older original one which may be the first Star Wars pinball machine made which didn’t seem as cool... thnx

#3 4 years ago

I really enjoy my stern Star Wars premium. Love the sound and video from the original trilogy.

#5 4 years ago

Stern's. Especially the Premium/LE models with the hyperloop.

Outstanding!

So are periods and spacing between sentences BTW.

#6 4 years ago

Stern, the Hyperloop is one of my favorite shots in pinball

#7 4 years ago

Stern...Hyperloop...super fun

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Stern's. Especially the Premium/LE models with the hyperloop.
Outstanding!
So are periods and spacing between sentences BTW.

lol, I couldn't even finish reading it as soon as I noticed there weren't any periods.

Sterns SW is awesome.

#9 4 years ago

I think the Data East has the best layout and is an awesome game with the newest code from Chad. With technology that's 23 years newer, the Stern version should have been WAY better, but it turned out only a little better.

#10 4 years ago

Bang for buck the Data East is best I mean really the sound is the only thing holding it back but you can put in a Pinsound which takes it to another level along with the customized code from Chad if you prefer but really there is no definite answer you really need to play them yourself and see which you like most because asking which is best to everyone is just silly kind of like not forming sentences using periods

#11 4 years ago

Stern. No comparison. Code is a masterpiece and layout is incredible. All the rest are super meh if you're looking for world under glass feel.

#12 4 years ago

I’ve always been partial to the trilogy game based on nostalgia. Even though the Stern game is superior in play, nostalgia is nostalgia.

#13 4 years ago

Word thanks everybody sorry about the periods or whatever people had problems with seems like most people got the Gist anyway I thought this was pinside not Punctuation side LOL While this forum is much better As far as people answering in trying to help I’ve learned one thing from going on different forums for many different topics for a long time there’s always going to be people that bitch about punctuation and grammar LOL I just used talk to text rather than sitting there typing everything out. I guess I’ll have to start including the word. And, in my talking LOL duly noted though

#14 4 years ago

Not even close. Stern. The whole package is better.

#15 4 years ago

I guess I am in the minority , I think Episode One is the best Star Wars pin .

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Have you played episode one?!? Haha

#17 4 years ago

Stern Star Wars is the best PERIOD.

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from ReplayRyan:

Bang for buck the Data East is best I mean really the sound is the only thing holding it back but you can put in a Pinsound which takes it to another level along with the customized code from Chad if you prefer but really there is no definite answer you really need to play them yourself and see which you like most because asking which is best to everyone is just silly kind of like not forming sentences using periods

Yeah I don’t know about all that it’s called getting an idea. As you can plainly see most people picked one machine a few picked a different one I’m pretty sure no one named the first one so only a moron wouldn’t base their choice at least loosely on what people have said.. if 20 people say one machine sucks and 20 people say another machine is the best how could you not use that at least to some extent. Sounds like you’re still just hung up on the punctuation LOL . Maybe smoke a joint or something lmao.

#19 4 years ago

Stern...massively

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Yeah someone has one of those for sale right up the street from me but the screen thing just scares me for some reason maybe I need to go to his house and played a little more ..Honestly I thought the shooting the ball out of the XWing was really cool but the data East looked kind of cool as well I don’t know but having just played a few rounds of the new one I really like that too and seems like it would keep me interested for a long time.... hmmmmm choices..

#21 4 years ago

I want a stern SW eventually. The bar near my house has one and I’ve played it some. Want one in house to focus on for a while.

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Have you played episode one?!? Haha

Yep I owned one for a few years . I don't think any of the Star Wars pins are really great , but I enjoyed Episode one more than the others . I think the Stern game shoots fine but the overly complex rules are a huge turn off for me .

#23 4 years ago

Stern Pro. Don’t bother playing or looking at any other version. Thank me later.

#25 4 years ago

The stern pin, especially the premium or LE. That hyper loop is one of the coolest toys there is.

#26 4 years ago

What does the hyperloop do? I've only played a pro.

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

It's a big wireform that wHips the balls around it for MB...like the HS2 turbo charger or an elevated Nascar track

#28 4 years ago

Stern, so deep.

#29 4 years ago

Stern SW premium, after a few hundred plays you will get used with the speed and rules, them it becomes one off the sterns best.
Art could be a little better but the package is great

#30 4 years ago

Data East. Need a poll

#31 4 years ago

From the ones I have played this is how I would rank them
1 Stern Star Wars Premium/LE
2 Sega Star Wars Trilogy
3 Stern Star Wars pro
4 Data East Star Wars
5 Star Wars Episode one
6 Star Wars The empire strikes back

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

You haven't lived then.

Seriously though, successfully loading up the hyperloop with multiple balls is WAY COOL!

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It's a big wireform that wHips the balls around it for MB...like the HS2 turbo charger or an elevated Nascar track

Extra points for the emphasis on the H :p

Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

You haven't lived then.

Seriously though, successfully loading up the hyperloop with multiple balls is WAY COOL!

The first time I got like 4-5 balls going it was freaking amazing.

#34 4 years ago

I had a stern pro and it was okay. Picked up a premium on a package deal and it plays so much better. Pro was sold that day.

#35 4 years ago

Played all & enjoyed Trilogy the most. The theme integration is spot on. DE is a close second. On the lookout for a Trilogy in our parts of the world.

#36 4 years ago
#37 4 years ago

The term "Best Star Wars Pin" gets me riled up.

There's just so much potential and none have really utilized it. It's the best theme to me, which has never been done justice.

All pins are more "Last Jedi" than "Empire".

chewy.gifchewy.gif
#38 4 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Not only the pinball, but the best movie too.

#39 4 years ago

I really like the Sega and Data East ones. I have played the Stern one multiple times, and honestly I don't care for it.

#40 4 years ago

Newest Stern SW is awesome. I have an LE, I suggest premium for LE for hyperloop. Its faced paced, keeps your heart racing and fun.

#41 4 years ago

Stern LE/Premium by a huge margin. This machine just offers an incredible theme presentation w/ so much to accomplish. Every game can be played differently according to character/path choice. The light show/music interacts w/ the mode mood & truly draws one into the theme atmosphere. Definitely a top three game, pinball at it's finest!

#42 4 years ago

I own SW:E1 because I'm as much a collector as player and WMS only made two Pinball 2000s so why not collect both?
But I agree Stern SW premium/LE is the best Star Wars pin made to date (for the reasons stated here by others).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Redlands, CA
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

5,195 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 21.50
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-star-wars-pin?hl=cabuford and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.