You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Snapshot 1 (3-26-2015 12-51 AM).png
P1010449.JPG
original.jpg
288994.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cosmosbandit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Would like to know how ST owners rate their mods after using them for a while. I think modding a Premium gets you close to LE level but with your preferences as the priority which I prefer. To me it's like buying a new car and getting the options that mean more to you. I hate heated seats, but love a Heads-Up-Display for instance.

I've installed 5 mods myself and I would rate them from top to bottom as follows:

1. Shaker Motor - without a doubt the most impactful, adds great visceral feedback.
2. UV Pinblades and LED's - Rocks when Klingon Multiball starts.
3. LED Speaker and Insignia Kit - Adds pop and a good glow to the backbox.
4. Klingon Bird Of Prey - balances the playfield, especially using the lighted model.
5. Vengenace LED and visor - I guess it works, but that's the point I suppose.

What are your top mods for the Premium??

thanks, COSMOS....

#6 9 years ago

Can anyone link a good place to buy Cliffy's for this machine? I only see one online for the left VUK at $22.95. Are there more?

Mustang could you link for the blue pop caps?

thanks! COS

#8 9 years ago

Thanks, I am guessing the base is bayonnet as I have never taken off the pop covers? That left pop looks hard to get to? Any suggestion where else to use these that make a difference would be welcome too.

--COS

#9 9 years ago

Also, I think it is the fluted dome lamps and not the 6 way LED lights in the above link?

http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/2smdfd.htm

Replacement suggestions for the white lights near the flippers would be most appreciated. I don't want to go all blue, maybe red or green?

I am on a mod frenzy. Can you tell?

thanks, COS

#11 9 years ago

Right on, I saw that too. And it seems that's what Mustang used. I guess I'm looking to hear if anyone has tried or seen both to get a recommendation. I know it's not a big deal so I'll stop trippin and go for it and order a few of each. Cool, COS

#14 9 years ago

I'm gonna go with the Domes in the Pops, blue color. The folks at Comet Pinball are a great help and i would recommend them. I am going to try the Fans in the lower slings. I am thinking red to warn drano imminent! Thoughts on colors? Has anyone changed the lowers to get away from the whites?

2 weeks later
#22 9 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

To me the upgraded laser is the best mod. It goes from cool to REALLY COOL.

The green one? I couldn't find it. The guy I found that sold it in the past stopped due to rules around the sale of lasers. Do you know where to find it now?

After enjoying the mods for a while, the Shaker and Pinblades UV setup for Klingon Mutliball are the tops in my book.

I really like the comet-pinball blue domes for the pops too. That has to be the best bang for the buck on mods, I love the brightness and color and they go perfectly with the theme. I'm not brave enough to go after changing the left pop under the Vengeance though...

COS

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I snagged one before he stopped selling them...

I had a feeling you were gonna say that. I'll give you twenty bucks for it.

Too bad, I've always felt that would be a fantastic upgrade since I really like the laser but after a few games I don't notice it much. Missed mod op... Guess I'll have to enjoy my kick a$$ preme without it...

thanks, COS

#26 9 years ago

Yeah, I have to admit I like it a lot. I set it to rotate slowly through the all of the colors and it looks great. Good buy for sure. You should get the shaker first though, it's essential IMO because of the in-game feedback and easy enough to install. C0S

P1010449.JPGP1010449.JPG

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from dlmorgan999:

Thanks. I already have the shaker, and I think I want the UV pinblades and LEDs as well.

The UV pinblades are a bit of a pain in the A$$ to install but if you take your time and do it right they're fine. It changes Klingon Multiball dramatically and will last a long time if installed correctly. The pic doesn't do it justice but you will pleased ...... cOs

Snapshot 1 (3-26-2015 12-51 AM).pngSnapshot 1 (3-26-2015 12-51 AM).png

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballpete:

Why can't you sell lasers? Did something change recently?

I think it has to do with FTC rules as the laser can be hazardous. For independent sellers I guess the paperwork could be too much to deal with. Too bad, I would like to find one... CoS

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 24.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cosmosbandit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-star-trek-premium-mod-ranking?tu=cosmosbandit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.