4 months ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by Budski
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 months ago

I have a appliance dolly and am looking to find a better dolly to go up and down stairs. All of my pins are in the basement with a stairway of 8 steps down and make a 180 degree turn and another 8 steps down. Most of the ones I purchase are also in basements. What's everyone using to make it easier? All ideas welcome!

#2 4 months ago

Check with Larry https://www.flipnoutpinball.com/ he posts here and deals in Escalara dollies.

LTG : )

#3 4 months ago

What Lloyd said. Larry is the best! I bought my Escalara from him and a number of machines as well.

#4 4 months ago

Yes I’m here. For the price and functionality the Escalera is the best choice.
    Call me anytime with questions and check my website for videos on the Escalera moving a pin

Larry

#5 4 months ago

A word of advice with the escalera:

Practice it with a lighter load a few times and work up to a heavy load. I see all the time people complain about how the load wants to “yank away from you” when you engage the motor and the “feet” engage on the steps. This is definitely a thing you need to get used to. The whole trick is to find the balancing point when the feet grab the steps. Slow and steady wins the race.

Once you practice, and get the hang of things, the escalera is worth it’s weight in gold. It’s an amazing unit, and works equally well going up stairs as well as going down.

People recommend the taller unit (the 66 I think), and for all intents and purposes, it’s the superior unit, since you can break load backs easier, and I feel like it’s be easier to balance, HOWEVER, these escalera handle like lead bricks, so if you have to make a turn on a landing in a tight area, you might want to go for the shorter model.

#6 4 months ago

I originally had a Lectro Truck and did not like it. It was crazy heavy and was very slow to use on stairs. I sold it and bought an Escalara from Larry and really like it. I bought the shorter model (MS-60) because I have to make two 90 degree turns on my stairs and there is not enough room on the landings to keep the load tilted back with the longer models. You may want to consider the shorter model with your 180 degree turn. The longer model does make breaking the load back easier, but in my case it just would not fit.

You may want to consider some accessories, which you can buy with the unit or wait and try out the unit and buy them later. I got the big wheels that snap on when I ordered the unit. They are nice when moving things long distances, but I really don't use them much. I later ordered an extra cargo strap (which in my opinion is something you really do need) and the step edge detection kit (which is kind of neat, but I really don't use it much).

#8 4 months ago

I have an Escalera but if I had a choice baring $$$$ . I would chose the Wecso. Almost 5k but its a real nice unit,

#9 4 months ago

I'm a happy escalera user. I have stairs and every pin that comes in or out has to use them. It wasnt cheap, but might be the best investment I have made in pinball.

#10 4 months ago

Thank you all for your feedback and recommendations. I will look into these.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 49.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Chrome Candy
    $ 9.95
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Led
    Geeteoh Electronics
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 1,099.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 49.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Chrome Candy
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 1.95
    Various Novelties
    Pinball Wheezer
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 22.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 229.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 20.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 60.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside