(Topic ID: 288213)

Best Stair Climbing Dolly/Cart?

By smileymatthew

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinside_forum_7647021_1 (resized).png
    49398F8F-A218-4987-BA1B-C5D35A90EA5F (resized).png
    D30BDF62-E869-4607-98BA-869B339090A0 (resized).jpeg
    25771BAB-9B4C-4F25-B65B-678A22C51AFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MT45.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 3 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

I really like my escalera. Mine is no frills. The smaller one (MS-60), no accessories, and it fits my needs perfectly. Dimensions aren't much larger than a standard appliance dolly, so I can fit a game, and the escalera in my minivan at the same time. It's been a workhorse, successfully moving everything from small EMs, to giant WPC and System 3 games, and even a huge 800 pound gun safe--easily up and down stairs.

Mines the same ... got it new from Zach at Flippin' Out. Zach will be patient with you and steer you in the right direction. Only things I added were the topside grab handles (glad I did and they are cheap) and a second battery due to moving my entire collection over 2 days. If you have a straight set of stairs and a long landing, with no (or wide) turns on your stairs, I would go with the 66" as you'll appreciate the leverage from that extra height. 60" works great but will require a bit more "muscle" to manage/balance the load. Great advice that others here have already given is to watch for used ones that might require repairs even though it technically works. Poorly handled Escalera's can have wheel and/or chain damage (and more). You don't want your Craigslist bargain Escalera to have a structural failure under load. Not saying every second hand one is risky, just do your homework

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MT45.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-stair-climbing-dolly-cart?tu=MT45 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.