(Topic ID: 288213)

Best Stair Climbing Dolly/Cart?

By smileymatthew

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinside_forum_7647021_1 (resized).png
    49398F8F-A218-4987-BA1B-C5D35A90EA5F (resized).png
    D30BDF62-E869-4607-98BA-869B339090A0 (resized).jpeg
    25771BAB-9B4C-4F25-B65B-678A22C51AFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png

There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 3 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

I have heard people experiencing a plop down one step but never usually three. I’ve never had any issue with carpeted steps. If it went down three steps then the unit was leaned back too much and the sliders slid it down like a typical handtruck

First time I used it I skipped the last 2 or 3 steps exactly for that reason. It was leaned too far back. The game was still in box so there was some protection anyway.

I've used it at a friend's house with thick carpet AND turning stairs. No issue at all. The key is to keep vertical enough to ensure a good grip.

#52 3 years ago
    Quoted from MrMikeman:

I didn't go through anything and still wouldn't loan it out. EVER.

Yeah...but I'm nice.

#53 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yeah...but I'm nice.

So am I.

The cost up here in Canada is pretty steep. Probably why I wouldn't ever loan it lol. I think in the end with all the attachments (big wheels, big toe plate, regular forklift plate, pinball plate, extra strap) and taxes I spent about 6k-6.5k CAD on mine.

I use it for all kinds of stuff though not just stairs. Used the forklift attachment as a bike(ATV) lift, as well as a jukebox lift to have the whole thing at eye level instead of lying down or crouching all the time. The forklift is awesome to get games in and out of the back of the truck by myself.

2 years later
    #54 9 months ago

There's a new video on the PinCrawler on our website. We have some upgrades built in so yes it costs more than the Ebay version.
    600lbs load capacity, integrated strap, nylon platform, 15 flights of steps on a single charge of the battery.

https://thepinballplace.com/

I've used it for over 2 years and can assure you the quality is there for our use of moving pins. I also personally warranty it for 1 year. New price of $1425.

[email protected]

Pinside_forum_7647021_1 (resized).pngPinside_forum_7647021_1 (resized).png
    #55 8 months ago

Any other users of the Pin Crawler? Curious how folks like it instead of the Escalera.

#56 8 months ago

The one concern holding me back from this is the height of the platform. How easy is it for one person to get a game up on the platform given the casters underneath?

#57 8 months ago

To do it by myself I take the rear legs off the game and lower the back on to a pallet. Walk the game from the pallet on to the pincrawler and you are in business. *I have the Amazon version not the actual pincrawler.

2 weeks later
    #59 8 months ago

Seems to be too "light duty" for Pinballs. You would be right there at max capacity.

"Maximum Load Capacity: 330 lbs on ground / 265 lbs on stairs"

#60 8 months ago
    Quoted from nsduprr:

Seems to be too "light duty" for Pinballs. You would be right there at max capacity.
    "Maximum Load Capacity: 330 lbs on ground / 265 lbs on stairs"

Yeah it is so light seems tempting, just enough to get by on. I am sure they have a safety factor of at least 1.5x's

I think I am getting on for occasional use.

4 months later
    #61 3 months ago
    Quoted from GVONM:

There's a new video on the PinCrawler on our website. We have some upgrades built in so yes it costs more than the Ebay version.
    600lbs load capacity, integrated strap, nylon platform, 15 flights of steps on a single charge of the battery.
    https://thepinballplace.com/
    I've used it for over 2 years and can assure you the quality is there for our use of moving pins. I also personally warranty it for 1 year. New price of $1425.
    [email protected]
    [quoted image]

Having just moved from MN and buying my 1st game delivered by Pinball Place plus playing their ~40 games a few times, I wanted to vouch for Glen and Pinball Place. I’m looking at buying this or an Escalera, but leaning heavily towards Pincrawler (+ my Harbor Freight lift cart). My Widebody virtual is insanely heavy.

There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-stair-climbing-dolly-cart/page/2?hl=zmeny and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.