(Topic ID: 201174)

Best spot on a pinball machine to get signature?

By NYP

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Phat_Jay
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Ron-with-Edie-Falco (resized).jpg
    rps20171025_221311 (resized).jpg
    IMG9539691 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20171025-190846 (resized).jpg
    dwnag8 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NYP.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I never got a machine signed before, except for JJP machines. I'm curious where's the best spot? Cabinet? Apron? Backglass? I don't want to de-value the price of the machine.

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I feel like if you are gonna do it go balls out and do it. Sharpie in the center of the fuckin' playfield.
    Signing under the apron (pointless) or the instruction card (weak) seems kinda half-ass to me. I guess in a pinch a translite will do as they don't cost much, but really.
    So yeah, center of the playfield, in sparkly silver sharpie.

That's pretty much what I would have expected you to say Levi

#7 6 years ago

I don't want to jinx myself just yet but I will say it's one of the characters on the backglass of the Sopranos. I was thinking on the translite by their picture. BTW , is a sharpie the best thing to use?

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

How about nowhere?
    Some people are not into autographs at all, and might find the auto unappealing. Especially if written in an important location like the translight, etc. They are a turnoff for me personally.
    Waited in line once at a comic-con to have Stan Lee sign a book. That autographed book now sits forgotten in a box, but shaking his hand & chatting for a few moments is what I'll always cherish. Not the autograph.
    If you're gonna do it, the best spot is on a plain rule card in the apron, then get it laminated so it looks nice. That way it can be easily removed.

I'm not an autograph guy either that's why I asked. But I was planning on keeping a spare unsigned translite with the game for guys like you, they're still available and cheap enough.

#26 6 years ago

While watching Pawn Stars one day they were discussing that Stan Lee's signature was so common that some collectors felt it de-valued the comic book. I'm pretty sure I'm going with the translite, seems like the best place to me. It's hard to take Levi seriously about signing the middle of the playfield and personally I would never buy a machine with a signature on the middle of the playfield, unless of course it was signed by Levi. I was considering signing the cabinet somewhere, for about a minute.

1 month later
    #33 6 years ago

Wound up buying a new Sopranos from Carmela Soprano. She was nice enough to sign the translite right under her picture in the pink area (after the picture was taken). She said she got the machine for doing the voice-over work.

Ron-with-Edie-Falco (resized).jpgRon-with-Edie-Falco (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NYP.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-spot-on-a-pinball-machine-to-get-signature?tu=NYP and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.