• Scooby Doo 27 votes
    14%

(188 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

33 (resized).jpg
35 (resized).jpg

#1 10 months ago

Now that Spooky has a few pins under their belt, I'm wondering what other's favorite it? For mine, it's Rick and Morty, the rules, flow, and theme integration are stellar.

#2 10 months ago

Rick and Morty, and it’s not close right now. Most complete, least bugs, etc. Takes some dialing in, but plays great after that. TNA shouldn’t be on the list. Spooky just built that one. But if it must, it’s a very close second.

#3 10 months ago

Yeah, Rick and Morty is probably their best so far (I am an owner). The one I enjoy playing the most? Ultraman. I do need more time on Scooby.

#4 10 months ago

Why is Halloween and ultraman 1 choice?

#5 10 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Rick and Morty, and it’s not close right now. Most complete, least bugs, etc. Takes some dialing in, but plays great after that. TNA shouldn’t be on the list. Spooky just built that one. But if it must, it’s a very close second.

What's the argument to not include TNA? I get Scott did almost all the work, but Spooky helped do the screen animations and playfield/cab art. Is it because he made it before Spooky? Cause you can almost argue the same thing with Ben Heck and AMH...

I'd argue Domino and Jetsons should be cut before TNA. But really, it's not worth splitting hairs

#6 10 months ago

I love my rick and morty, the coding is pretty damn good

was so close to selling it, glad I didnt!

butter cab all the way.

#7 10 months ago

Rick and Morty has amazing code and theme integration but I *hate* how the left side of the game shoots. For my tastes, ACNC has the best upper pf of any game, really fun code and shoots well overall once you learn the shots.

AMH is a close second.

#8 10 months ago

Rick and Morty...not even close.

#9 10 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

What's the argument to not include TNA? I get Scott did almost all the work, but Spooky helped do the screen animations and playfield/cab art. Is it because he made it before Spooky? Cause you can almost argue the same thing with Ben Heck and AMH...
I'd argue Domino and Jetsons should be cut before TNA. But really, it's not worth splitting hairs

Spooky did all those games from the ground up. Ben heck worked for spooky when AMH was made I believe. TNA was done when spooky built it. Didn’t know about the animations and art, but you don’t play either of those. It’s 90% Scott.

#10 10 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Spooky did all those games from the ground up. Ben heck worked for spooky when AMH was made I believe. TNA was done when spooky built it. Didn’t know about the animations and art, but you don’t play either of those. It’s 90% Scott.

AMH started pre Spooky making pinball if I recall correctly? It started on his youtube channel

I thought Charlie said Jetsons was designed by The Pinball Company, and they just tweaked it a bit.

#11 10 months ago

Yeah. I’ll defer to you on both of those.

#12 10 months ago

I haven't played anything other than TNA, but I think TNA is so far their best. I have watched videos on all the other games from them. I think Rick and Morty is very good, but I have a soft spot for original non-themed games. There is just something about TNA that just really captures the essence of what pinball is. It just does it so well.

Even though there were some bumps with the TNA 2.0 roll out, I really like Spooky as a company, and I'm glad we have them in the pinball world.

#13 10 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

AMH started pre Spooky making pinball if I recall correctly? It started on his youtube channel

I thought Charlie said Jetsons was designed by The Pinball Company, and they just tweaked it a bit.

AMH was being made independently by Ben Heck before Spooky got involved with manufacturing. Spooky helped bring the game to market. Seems to be in the same category as TNA to me. I still consider all of these to be Spooky games. Batman 66 and EHOH are still Stern games even though they were designed by different studios.

#14 10 months ago

TNA and R&M are in a league of their own, then its everything else, and keep in mind I've played a lot of Scooby.

#15 10 months ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

AMH was being made independently by Ben Heck before Spooky got involved with manufacturing. Spooky helped bring the game to market. Seems to be in the same category as TNA to me. I still consider all of these to be Spooky games. Batman 66 and EHOH are still Stern games even though they were designed by different studios.

IIRC Ben had built a AMH prototype and Charlie ~made changes to make it manufacturable.

#16 10 months ago

Rick and Morty is probably the best. I own Rob zombie, Alice Cooper, Rick Morty, and Halloween, but my favorite is Rob zombie.

#17 10 months ago

I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for America's Most Haunted.

Great pin. And reminds me of Spooky and Charlie's early days before things got rolling.

LTG : )

#19 10 months ago

TNA - all day. It's the best shooting game they have and the most immersive. Rick and Morty is a close second.

#20 10 months ago

It's nice to see some love for AMH. That's probably my personal favorite. If nothing else, it has to be the most ambitious and loaded Spooky game... Morgue Door bash target, motorized target bank, battle magnet, moving ghost sculpt that follows the ball, and the Hell-a-vator physical ball lock. What other game has a moving scoop shot/ball lock in the middle of a ramp? My friends all love this game. It definitely takes a well above average amount of dialing in to get it to it's full potential tho.

#21 10 months ago

1. Rick and Morty
2. TNA
3. AMH
4. Scooby Doo
5. ACNC
6. Halloween
7. Ultraman
8. Rob Zombie
9. Dominoes

#22 10 months ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Rick and Morty is probably the best. I own Rob zombie, Alice Cooper, Rick Morty, and Halloween, but my favorite is Rob zombie.

I have a Rob Zombie as well and love it. I’m not suggesting it’s Spooky’s best pin, but it’s better than people give it credit for. Call outs are amazing. It shoots fine. It does help if you like Rob Zombie, which I do.

#23 10 months ago

I remember about 10 years ago when the Midwest Gaming Classic was stuffed into the Sheraton, it was like a treasure hunt - games in the hallways, wander around and there are games and vendors in empty hotel rooms - I walked into one and there was Pinball Zombies From Beyond The Grave -

I bought the translite...........
33 (resized).jpg33 (resized).jpg35 (resized).jpg35 (resized).jpg

#24 10 months ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

I remember about 10 years ago when the Midwest Gaming Classic was stuffed into the Sheraton, it was like a treasure hunt - games in the hallways, wander around and there are games and vendors in empty hotel rooms - I walked into one and there was Pinball Zombies From Beyond The Grave -
I bought the translite...........
[quoted image][quoted image]

What is this?!

#25 10 months ago

I believe it's the proto of what became Rob Zombie.

#26 10 months ago

Played em all. Own Scooby and Halloween.

Different strokes. Better like the theme with Spooky

Not a fan of Bricks and Mortar. Hate the theme and Scooby quality has come a LONG ways since then.

1 week later
#27 10 months ago

Of those I've played, I actually enjoy AMH the most. Does anyone have a link to the rocking "Ghost Squad" song from it?

#28 10 months ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Of those I've played, I actually enjoy AMH the most. Does anyone have a link to the rocking "Ghost Squad" song from it?

Available here with a lot of the source files as AMH is semi-open source https://www.benheck.com/amh/

1 month later
#29 8 months ago

Finally played Scooby Doo this past week and really didn’t enjoy the experience. This was primarily due to it being difficult to gauge where the balls return to, it’s a guess.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
Machine - For Sale
Saginaw, MI
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
NinjaCamp Mods
Protection
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
NinjaCamp Mods
Protection
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Protection
NinjaCamp Mods
Protection
8,800 (OBO)
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 8,700.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Investments
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Mod Co.
Toppers
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods
Other
6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dubuque, IA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods
Decorations
$ 85.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.
Led
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 24.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pinhead mods
Plastics

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-spooky-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.