Topic Stats

• 41 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by poppapin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I played Argosy at PAPA, and I loved the layout. Cranking the spinner on an EM is the best sound in the world. What's your favorite EM for spinner action?

#3 10 years ago

I like Ship Ahoy, but I realize I'm sort of on an island in that regard. Golden Arrow uses the spinner quite a bit, I'm not a huge fan for whatever reason, but that one is OK.

#4 10 years ago

Grand Prix...double spinner lovin!

#5 10 years ago

I love my Hokus Pokus for the spinners alone.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from newmantjn:

I like Ship Ahoy, but I realize I'm sort of on an island in that regard.

I have Buccaneer, which is the 2-player version. I like the function of the spinner on it (spot a number), but I can't seem to get mine to spin as fast as I'd like. It's at a friend's house right now.

#7 10 years ago

Nothing like a well tuned spinner on Space Mission!

#8 10 years ago

I really enjoyed Monaco when I had one. Very satisfying spinner shot. When I think of the prefect spinner game Grand Prix comes to mind.
Alex

#9 10 years ago

even though gottlieb spinners were somewhat less than optimal, i love hitting the spinner on my "pro football" and matriculating the ball down the field for a touchdown...

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

When I think of the prefect spinner game Grand Prix comes to mind.

Yes Alex, I would have to agree with that. I also really like the spinner on Bon Voyage right in the middle of the playfield. If you hit it straight on, the ball goes on up through the "N" rollover to the top of the playfield.

#11 10 years ago

I agree that Grand Prix is awesome with 2 spinners. I remember playing when I was in High School. Plus I'm a car guy so I loved any car theme. That's why I am always on the lookout for one.

But I just finished rebuilding a Space Mission and that spinner is pretty awesome. It's an asymetrical playfield with the spinner on one side and a horshoe on the other.

If you hit the spinner just right with the 1000 light lit you can get a good 20k just like that.

And yes, the sound of an EM chime when you rip through a spinner is awesome.

#13 10 years ago

I totally agree with grand prix, one of the best williams ems

#14 10 years ago

Outer Space/Orbit are pretty fun.

#15 10 years ago

hi all, another vote for Buccaneer - I assume Ship Ahoy is the same fun!

regards, Ron

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Hokus Pokus gets my vote as well.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I have Buccaneer, which is the 2-player version. I like the function of the spinner on it (spot a number), but I can't seem to get mine to spin as fast as I'd like. It's at a friend's house right now.

2-player version???

#18 10 years ago

I'm primarily a Gottlieb fan when it comes to EM games, but I think that Williams made better use of this feature. I use to love hitting the spinner on my Wild Card and Space Mission games!

My vote would also go for Grand Prix with its dual spinner "bandolier" layout. It's a virtual spin-o-rama!

- Tim

#19 10 years ago

Without a doubt, hands down, Aztec.

#20 10 years ago

Don't forget Williams aztec.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

2-player version???

I'm guessing when he gets it back from his friends house, he will find his friend stole one of the players off the machine

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from bintzknocker:

Without a doubt, hands down, Aztec.

Absolutely right! When you get that spinner lit and hit it clean it's just an amazing shot. A good spin can be worth 60-70 thousand points!

#23 10 years ago

Kind of a death shot, but I like the horseshoe on Mars Trek.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from Rody:

Grand Prix...double spinner lovin!

Agreed!! I love nailing those spinners. Sometimes you can crank that spinner so hard that the chime coils have a hard time keeping up!

-Steve Ridge
Louisville, KY

#25 10 years ago

Hokus Pokus and Grand Prix get my votes for the spinner EM games I've played.

#26 10 years ago

I just love the spinner on my combat, it's hooked to some lights on the playfield which flash with each rotation as well as makes a great sound with each rotation and instead of just giving you points it also builds a bonus feature. In fairness though it's an EM hybrid but it's awesome.

#27 10 years ago

Hot Tip. Literally nothing else to that game.

#28 10 years ago

I like to crush the center spinners on Prospector. I also give votes for Monaco, Grand Prix and Hokus Pokus as well.

#29 10 years ago

Nightrider.

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

2-player version???

Oops, yes - single player, with Special instead of Add-a-Ball. Darn those goofy old laws.

#31 10 years ago

Bally Quarterback and Gottlieb Outer Space with some Superlube™ makes them spin like crazy.

#32 10 years ago

Hot Tip and Monaco for me!

#33 10 years ago

I second this, also my favorite art package of any EM.

#34 10 years ago

Gonna have to agree with Space Mission and Hokus Pokus.

#35 10 years ago

Bow and Arrow.
Any spinner may do well if you adjust it to the best. I prefer the ones with the soft copper blade under the playfield to go up and down to make contact to the other blade.
After fine-tuning the spinners on my Bow and Arrow one good shot may be enough to make the ninety spins needed to max the bonus to 10,000 and you can go for the extra ball.
Needless to say powerfull flippers themselves will add a lot to the spinner action.

#36 10 years ago

First game with spinners? Hint... I own it. (FS if anyone interested, need room)

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from hawkeye11:

Outer Space/Orbit are pretty fun.

That is a really cool one because of the way the satellite inserts orbit the earth. I also like Grand Prix.

#38 10 years ago

Hot Tip. That game, all spinner, all day. Wouldn't mind owning one.

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Hokus Pokus has my vote too. Would love to get my hands on one of these for my collection...

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from Skrippy:

Hot Tip. That game, all spinner, all day. Wouldn't mind owning one.

Hot Tip would also be one that I wouldn't mind owning for my collection. Love the layout on this game and of coarse the theme.

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from newmantjn:

I like Ship Ahoy, but I realize I'm sort of on an island in that regard. Golden Arrow uses the spinner quite a bit, I'm not a huge fan for whatever reason, but that one is OK.

+1 for Ship Ahoy, spinner's about the only way back to upper playfield!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pomona, CA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

1,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lincoln Park, NJ
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oceanside, NY
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods

1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, MA
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-spinner-em?hl=flamingo43 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.