Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by kermit24
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

592D8515-DADA-47A1-A81F-58BE77361BBE (resized).jpeg
    A499AA40-0F96-4B72-988B-E99B41AEB171 (resized).png
    triumph (resized).jpg

#1 6 years ago

Guys I'm picking up a Maiden Premium and what's the best option for a full speaker/sub upgrade? Some say external sub ( I'm fine with that ) no budget just want high Quality.

#2 6 years ago

Why don't you see what the game sounds like before ordering stuff to replace it already?

Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Guys I'm picking up a Maiden Premium and what's the best option for a full speaker/sub upgrade? Some say external sub ( I'm fine with that ) no budget just want high Quality.

#3 6 years ago

Well being a music pin I like them loud and want to indulge a little on this one Just curious what fellow pinsiders have or suggest.

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Well being a music pin I like them loud and want to indulge a little on this one Just curious what fellow considers have or suggest.

Nobody knows yet bc stern changed the sound system on this title.... best just to wait . Doesn't hurt to have a polk powered subwoofer tho.....

#5 6 years ago

Any speakers that play Led Zeppelin.

triumph (resized).jpgtriumph (resized).jpg

#6 6 years ago

Everytime I update star wars and the volume goes to 16 and then blows my Frikkin eardrums out make me think stock will be fine.

I don't know how much bass you need out of the high pitch band and high pitch singing.

#7 6 years ago

It's all about slapping that bass!

#8 6 years ago

We can only assume at this point what will sound good and what won't. Anxious to get a title so we can fit a sound upgrade!

Greg M
    Pinballpro.com

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from ovfdfireman:

We can only assume at this point what will sound good and what won't. Anxious to get a title so we can fit a sound upgrade!
    Greg M
    Pinballpro.com

I like the sound of that... feel free to pm me!

#10 6 years ago

I have Flipper Fidelity on my Star Wars and it is a fantastic product.

#11 6 years ago

To be honest, Aerosmith sounds great with just an external sub.

#12 6 years ago

I've had great luck with those 10" Polk Audio external subs. They sound good and they are black and reasonably compact for tucking deep under the machine.

#13 6 years ago

Full stack of Marshalls duh!

A499AA40-0F96-4B72-988B-E99B41AEB171 (resized).pngA499AA40-0F96-4B72-988B-E99B41AEB171 (resized).png

#14 5 years ago

How do you connect a external sub? Splice in the wires from the original sub?

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from Marcdaddy:

... external sub ( I'm fine with that ) no budget just want high Quality.

Thor's Hammer is an excellent choice: http://www.wilsonaudio.com/products/thors-hammer

#16 5 years ago

The attract song on this should include Doctor Doctor or they missed the boat!

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from homebrood:

The attract song on this should include Doctor Doctor or they missed the boat!

Pretty sure that would cause licensing complications! Plus it’s not a Bruce tune!

#18 5 years ago

I had to look this up. Wow. And at only $21K its a steal!

5 months later
    #19 5 years ago

Any new thoughts in this thread? I just don't think the sound on the premium sounds all that great which is a bummer.
    I cant tell if i have something wrong, or just need to upgrade.
    Id love to get something close to whats going on in my Ghostbusters Pre. They sound night and day apart.
    Any recommendations now 5 months later on this thread?

#20 5 years ago

I just bought a premium. played a few games with original speakers sounded pretty poor. Upgraded the back box speakers with Flipper Fidelity and external sub connected to the cabinet speaker. Hugh positive difference!!! The Stern speakers are very cheap. best mod you can do on sterns is to upgrade the speakers.

#21 5 years ago

I should upgrade mine.
    Just using a Polk 10” external sub now.

592D8515-DADA-47A1-A81F-58BE77361BBE (resized).jpeg592D8515-DADA-47A1-A81F-58BE77361BBE (resized).jpeg
    #22 5 years ago
    Quoted from sulli10:

I just bought a premium. played a few games with original speakers sounded pretty poor. Upgraded the back box speakers with Flipper Fidelity and external sub connected to the cabinet speaker. Hugh positive difference!!! The Stern speakers are very cheap. best mod you can do on sterns is to upgrade the speakers.

Which set did u get? It's a bummer on a brand new machine but every time I sit down to play a game I do notice something about the sound that's just not very satisfying. I just don't want to have to think about the sound and just enjoy the music while I play the game.

3 months later
    #23 5 years ago

Is it just me, or does the music sound almost distorted on IM pins? The voices and sounds out of the game sound clear enough to me, but the music sounds awfully washed/distorted to me. I’m not sure upgraded speakers would even fix it.

#24 5 years ago
    Quoted from Marcdaddy:

How do you connect a external sub? Splice in the wires from the original sub?

You can just splice into the original. I actually just soldered speaker wire to the original subs terminals, ran the wire to the back of the cab, and under that mesh they have back there. Works and sounds great!

Just make sure you match up your positive and negative.

#25 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinWiz1969:

Is it just me, or does the music sound almost distorted on IM pins? The voices and sounds out of the game sound clear enough to me, but the music sounds awfully washed/distorted to me. I’m not sure upgraded speakers would even fix it.

There are impedance (ohms) and crossover settings in the latest code. Make sure those are correct. One of those may be off.

#26 5 years ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

There are impedance (ohms) and crossover settings in the latest code. Make sure those are correct. One of those may be off.

Anybody know why they would introduce these settings? Are they changing speakers randomly at the factory?

#27 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Anybody know why they would introduce these settings? Are they changing speakers randomly at the factory?

It’s on all newer games now I think. But it did start with Iron Maiden LE. The LE speakers were clipping because the impedance was different and they added the software adjustment to help fix it. Pretty cool actually because now if you add speakers you have more options.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-speaker-upgrade-for-iron-maiden and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.