(Topic ID: 126195)

Best source/Brand Rubber Rings for EMs

By jjpm

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SOpf78.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 7 years ago
    Quoted from phergott:

So after considerable whining to Terry and Mark at Marco
    by Tim Arnold and myself, Marco has come up with a NEW formula for white
    rubber. We've been testing it for Marco, and I have to say, it's a HUGE
    improvement over the stuff everyone else is selling.

So is the new Marco rubber better than ABC rubber of old? Frankly, no. I
    would say the new Marco rubber is a lot like the HAPP and WICO rubber of
    10 years ago. Not amazing, not perfect, but miles ahead of the stuff
    everyone else is selling today. I've found it far more durable on my
    games.

I've been very happy with Marco's rubbers lately. Thank you very much!

#18 7 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

n his post he said you had to specifically ask for the new stuff. Is this now the "default"?

Must be. I don't order kits. Just the sizes I need or am getting low on. Consistently top quality.

#22 7 years ago
    Quoted from EMsInKC:

I find it interesting that supposedly the "new" rubber will not stand up to heavy play. I've got the new stuff on all my games,

It depends where you get your new rubber from. I've got some coming from PBR and I will compare them to Marcos and see if they are both the same now. Ones I got from PBR before were good. The ones that say PL on them I've thrown away.

#24 7 years ago

I wouldn't be surprised if PBR and Marco are using the same ones now. I only found out about the high qulity Marco has now as they are one of the best sources for some of the newer games I've gone thru, and got some when I ordered from them. Then I bought a bunch. The ones I got from PBR a few years ago were very good too but had some color variations and some seemed old stock. But they worked.

1 week later
    #27 7 years ago
    Quoted from 0geist0:

I'm pretty sure that PBR gets their rubbers from Happ

The rubbers I got from PBR with my recent order are marked Wico. I have now compared them and although they are still the best source for almost everything else, I'm going with Marco's PRW brand.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-sourcebrand-rubber-rings-for-ems?tu=o-din and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.