(Topic ID: 8231)

Best source for rubber rings in quantity? Game rubber list available?

By PinballHelp

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by jk2171
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

I'm wondering:

1. What's the best source for rubber rings in quantity? Ideally, I am not looking for 100 at a time, but in quantities of 10-20.

2. Is there any source for lists of which rubbers are used in which games?

#2 12 years ago

Is there a reason you prefer not to by a rubber specific kit for your game from some one like Marcos?

#3 12 years ago

rubber kits tend to be wrong. Heck, the manual rubber lists tend to be wrong a lot of the time. cheapest tends to be pinball life for buying rings.

#4 12 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

Cheapest tends to be pinball life for buying rings.

Pinball Life tends to have the best prices on virtually everything they sell.

#5 12 years ago

Every pinball supplier sells them. Marcos offers discounts for quantity > 10 IIRC.

Quoted from PinballHelp:

2. Is there any source for lists of which rubbers are used in which games?

Consult the manual for your game; it will contain a list of rubbers used in your machine. The kits are based off of what the manual says (and hence are often of questionable accuracy).

Then do a sanity check, and make sure it's not missing any and doesn't have any extra ones that the machine doesn't use (Twilight Zone's manual, for example, lists two extra rubbers to go between a pair of posts to the left of the lower jet bumper - of course, neither of those posts are present on production games). It also lists three of those blue rubber bumpers, when the machine in fact has four (1 on the end of each of the two wireforms that the left ramp can send balls to, 1 in the ball launch scoop, and 1 in the subway). As far as I can tell, they print the manuals for the

I do not believe there is an accurate list anywhere, sadly.

#6 12 years ago

I have an accurate list for WCS94, it was homemade, if any one happens to need that one.

Don't trust those LED kits either, they're never right from what I've seen with friends....

#7 12 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

rubber kits tend to be wrong.

I agree. I've bought two kits and both had obvious mistakes. And they were bought from two well known pinball part shops.

Could we maybe start to build a correct list together?

#8 12 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Pinball Life tends to have the best prices on virtually everything they sell.

Pretty much.

#9 12 years ago

Getaway is missing the plastic post rings in the manual. Luckily I had a bunch on hand.

#10 12 years ago
    Quoted from Marten:

Could we maybe start to build a correct list together?

Not a bad idea, create an online resource and then Pinball Life can correct their kits.

We would need non stock kits for some titles, like WH2O, where owners usually want blue flipper rubber rather than red.

#11 12 years ago

A comprehensive list of rubbers needed for each game would indeed be a great addition to the site.

#12 12 years ago
    Quoted from tomdotcom:

I have an accurate list for WCS94, it was homemade, if any one happens to need that one.
    Don't trust those LED kits either, they're never right from what I've seen with friends....

Yes, please. How they overlooked to put that in the manual is beyond me. Roadshow as well.

#13 12 years ago
    Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Is there a reason you prefer not to by a rubber specific kit for your game from some one like Marcos?

I want to have extra parts around. I want to save by ordering in quantity. It seems to me that if a supplier put together a "bulk pack" of common sizes, a lot of enthusiasts would buy it.

#14 12 years ago

Pinball Life has bulk packs for sale I believe.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-source-for-rubber-rings-in-quantity-game-rubber-list-available and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.