Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Untitled (resized).png
Kens (resized).png
hqb2 (resized).jpg
hqb (resized).jpg
orvac-electronics-fullerton-ca (resized).jpg
1960_radio (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider g-p-e.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from rack-em-up:

Thanks but I could only find one of the two diodes I need in stock at Great Plains Electronics.

What other diodes were you looking for?

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

I thought GPE was going out of business....Ed used to be my go to, but there's alot of out of stock items, and it's been that way for awhile. I went to buy simple 35W wire lead rectifiers (metallic) and even those are OOS. IN4004's are OOS. Every single rebuild kit across all platforms is OOS.

Nah, I keep going... and going... and going.

Note that there's a reason why the full metal body bridges are typically cheaper than the molded bridges.
The full metal bridges are made in China and now only pushed by Chinese companies. I normally order about 2K of these once per year but won't buy them while the Tariffs are in place... and not sure I will buy them after the tariffs end. I do have the *better* molded bridges -- GBPC3504W.
The molded bridges tend to be be better quality than the full (pot)metal bridge rectifiers - they tend to have diodes with lower forward voltage drops (less heat). Plus the molded body bridges have heat slugs that have a lower thermal resistance which makes them better at dissipating heat better than the full metal bridges.

Also, I have plenty of 1N4004's and 1N4007's. Not sure why my website says I am out of 4004's - I will fix that later.

As far as kits - my other job has me working such long hours anymore that I never have time to make kits.
I considered turning off the kits pages until I can get kits made again but thought I would leave them up until I get replacement pages posted that list which capacitors should be used with each board. This way people can order the caps individually in the meantime.
And .. I am also contemplating changing my axial capacitor source. Won't pursue that until January.

#44 5 years ago

Yeah... ON-Semi did raise the prices, dammit.

You know what really irritates me lately?
Both Bussmann and Littelfuse were making fuses in the US.
Bussmann thought they weren't making enough money per fuse so moved manufacturing from US to Taiwan. Of course their costs went way down but prices crept up a hair. Yep, pocketed the difference. When that happened - I switched my buying over to Littelfuse. Year or so later, Littelfuse followed and moved manufacturing from US to China. Like Buss, no break for the consumer. So pretty much didn't matter which I used and they were both still good quality fuses at reasonable prices. Pretty much small price increases every year since to match inflation.
BUT -- this year there was a Tariff imposed on the Chinese products which hiked the Littelfuse prices by 25%. Bussmann was completely unaffected since their parts were coming from Taiwan. You'd think Bussmann would clean up on sales since Littelfuse got bumped in cost by 25%. But noooo.... Bussmann had to put the squeeze on us by hiking their prices by 20%. So they got a huge income increase and still beat out Littelfuse. I sure hope Littelfuse learns from this and returns mfg back to US. If they did, I'd drop Bussmann in a minute.

Sorry - deviated a bit and went on a rant...

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from G-P-E:

.. rant about Bussmann fuses...

I see today that Bussmann fuses are back down to a bit above their old 'pre-tarrif' prices. Not quite to where they were - still about a 2 cent ea price increase but far better than the grotesque increase I saw in November.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 90.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 139.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Point, UT
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Shark

$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

£ 195.00
$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider g-p-e.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-source-for-diodes?tu=g-p-e and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.