6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 88 posts
  • 61 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Rick471
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Best sounding game”

• Shadow 12 votes
      11%
    • BSD 10 votes
      9%
    • ACDC 16 votes
      14%
    • LOTR 15 votes
      13%
    • TOM 3 votes
      3%
    • Demo man 5 votes
      4%
    • CV 5 votes
      4%
    • FT 3 votes
      3%
    • Other 51 votes
      45%

(Multiple choice - 113 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

xylophone2.jpg

There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #52 6 years ago

Tough to pick a favorite, there are so many that I like but for many different reasons. Black Hole as someone mentioned above is hypnotizing.

I have not yet played Iron Man, and I think the movies are ok. But the sound package on that pin just grabbed my attention immediately when I heard it at Allentown it sounded great and it was loud.

I picked Shadow out of above, LOTR a close second.

I think Scared stiff would be my favorite.

#53 6 years ago
    Quoted from LorenZ:

mecanic: bally xylo

wtf is Bally xylo dude?? From the EM era, Dragon has some cool sounds when the dragons are knocked over... and Recels Underwater has an amazing WOOOOOssssshhhhh sound as 'torpedoes' are 'launched'...

#54 6 years ago

LorenZ said:mecanic: bally xylo
    wtf is Bally xylo dude?? From the EM era, Dragon has some cool sounds when the dragons are knocked over... and Recels Underwater has an amazing WOOOOOssssshhhhh sound as 'torpedoes' are 'launched'...

xylophon on bally stuff *lol*

The sound of the dragon feel more like a cow than a big lizard: i enjoy it to.
    Like the sonar's sound of fliptronics from Rally.

Time machine from Data East got a great sound too and a real xylophon

xylophone2.jpg

#55 6 years ago
    Quoted from LorenZ:

xylophon on bally stuff *lol*

Ha ha, you had me looking on the IPDB for this one, I thought it was some weird EM with a bizarre way of making sound

Quoted from LorenZ:

The sound of the dragon feel more like a cow than a big lizard

They are like a cow, that's true... but it makes it funny in a way... hey, maybe that's where Bally/Williams got the cow idea from

I like the squeeky squeeky sounds on the Rally games like Play Boy... are those the 'fliptronics' games you mean??

#56 6 years ago
    Quoted from RGR:

The only Stern to make the list was ACDC and this is only due to the music not due to the lack of verbal instructions.

This just in...LOTR is also a Stern.

#57 6 years ago

I'd have to go with IJ overall. Quotes- backround while playing-the tie in from the movies are great.

#58 6 years ago

TF LE has some great sounds!

#59 6 years ago

I always thought Royal Rumble had a really good sound.

#60 6 years ago

Yeah when I mentioned Demo man for speech I should have included the profanity roms. Now that I think of it I had a good laugh when playing Sopranos and heard the swearing during the 3 million any switch mode...

#61 6 years ago
    Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

How did FT make this list? I mean, I love FT, but not for the sound!

It looks like it got a vote too, although I don't mind the sound nearly as much as others. The only sound the machine makes that really annoys me is the fish tale flopping. It fits the theme perfectly and each mode has it's own sound. I think a person on here said it best: "horrible music that was really well done".

#62 6 years ago

FT sounds great.

#64 6 years ago

Other..... Iron Man.

#65 6 years ago
    #66 6 years ago

The late Willys have awesome speech packages. I've heard, that the imployed pro writes and voice actors (voice actors though, had been used throughout the 90's a surely on movie licensed games). Especially MM and MB stands out.

Overall sound I'd hand a cake to IJ, CFTBL, SS, Jackbot, Funhouse,Taxi and Tron.

#67 6 years ago

DMD- BSD
    SS- Centaur
    EM- They're all pretty much tied

#69 6 years ago

I can't take this thread seriously without Pinbot on the list...

#70 6 years ago

Best sounding game..any 3-belled Gottlieb.

#72 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_customs:

Ironman.
    RGR, your lists suck.

I agree, the list of possible choices is horrible.

IM definitely is up there.

Tron would be on my list as well.

Another that would be under rated and overlooked is Road Show. Excellent quality sound.

#73 6 years ago

lol well being a Stern hater there are too many games that sound better than IM, Tron. Please remember that this is a vote for BEST sounding game. There is no way that either Tron, IM sound better than all of games in the list above... Guess thats why I didnt put them in there. Also Stern have bugger all instructions verbally or visually so theres another reason not to include them

#74 6 years ago

ACDC. BK2000. TRON.

LW3 ! Everybody dance now!

#75 6 years ago
    Quoted from RGR:

lol well being a Stern hater there are too many games that sound better than IM, Tron.

Hope you noticed that (as of this moment) the top two machines in your poll are both Sterns.

#76 6 years ago

Yeah sad..... Not many people have played bk2000 OBVS!!!!

#77 6 years ago

MB, IM, SM, TRON haven't heard AC/DC in person but I bet it will be awesome. I own a Shadow and I really do see what would make it special in the sound department. Great player, sound..., not my favorite.

#78 6 years ago

lol wow, shadow???? Hmm the screams just before you beat Khan in the mini playfield, the clarity of voices in modes eg: Farley Claymore, Discover Hotel Monolith, Duel of Wills, Punish the Guilty etc, mongol loops, jackpots, super jackpots, triple Kahn jackpots, loop combos, Vengeance... Need I say more? There no way that the ear piercing voices on Tron (which are shouting all the time) can be better than the shadow. IM and SM can also beat it.

#79 6 years ago

Hmm, I see your points. I was thinking purely of the soundtracks. Didn't even consider call outs or special effect sounds.

You are right, the name of the soundtrack is Reconfigured. Derezzed is the first (and last) song on the soundtrack. It has been in my truck's player since the movie came out. lol Mainly because I am too lazy to change it but also because it is just a great album. Well, except for that second song. The wailing just gets on my nerves. SKIP

#80 6 years ago

From all these posts Tron appears to be the winner here. I concur.

#81 6 years ago

+1 for BK2K, he's like one of the family now.

#82 6 years ago

An unpopular vote but I like fish tales. I have heard people complain about it but for me it is the greatest sounding game out there.

#83 6 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

From all these posts Tron appears to be the winner here. I concur.

Agreed.

And it isn't even an option.

#84 6 years ago

Love the low bit 80s sounds from Space Shuttle.

#85 6 years ago

Iron Man especially with a sub and shaker, then a Creature is pretty cool - takes you back in time.

#86 6 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

ron Man especially with a sub and shaker, then a Creature is pretty cool - takes you back in time.

+1 on IM with FF complete speaker system + Sony SA 10" W2500 sub.

#87 6 years ago

woah, thats a hard one.

sometimes i think old chimes sounds great.

fast like that, i'll say CV, LOTR, BK2000 (i agree on this one), SOF, MM

#88 6 years ago
    Quoted from RGR:

lol wow, Shadow???? Hmm the screams just before you beat Khan in the mini playfield, the clarity of voices in modes eg: Farley Claymore, Discover Hotel Monolith, Duel of Wills, Punish the Guilty etc, mongol loops, jackpots, super jackpots, triple Kahn jackpots, loop combos, Vengeance... Need I say more? There no way that the ear piercing voices on Tron (which are shouting all the time) can be better than The Shadow. IM and SM can also beat it.

Its funny. I can't stand the sound on Shadow. I hate the constant looping background tune...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 39.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 14.00
    £ 29.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Protection
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    £ 58.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Sillyoldelf Mods
    $ 159.99
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Protection
    Pin Mods
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 29.90
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 7,395.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 221.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Tilted Pinball
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside