Topic Stats

• 37 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by MrBally
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

After watching Spooky's unique take on skillshots with RZ, it got me to thinking about the best skillshot in pinball. I recently put a stronger spring on my Stargate plunger and it's made the skill shot the best of the games I own. The pay off is great (multi ball with the possibility of a super jackpot). What is your vote for best skillshot of all time?

#2 3 years ago

RBION - Ripley's Believe it or Not. It's very valuable too, which makes it more exciting.

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from T7:

RBION - Ripley's Believe it or Not. It's very valuable too, which makes it more exciting.

I don't quite remember how that one works. I'll have to pull it up on PBA.

I forgot to mention that Stargate has a second skill shot if you miss the first. That's kind of cool.

#4 3 years ago

Tommy...no specific reason...just the first one that popped in my head

#5 3 years ago

I've played Tommy a few times. Can't remember what the skill shot was. I guess I should have said "What's the most unique skill shot in pinball". I've been pretty disappointed with Stern's recent "hit the lit lane that you can switch" skill shot.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from T7:

Get rid of the 3 switch exploit and then it's great. As it is now it's just kinda shoot, miss, drain, try again, shoot, miss, drain, try again... rinse and repeat until you miss and hit a tombstone.

#8 3 years ago

TWD skillshot is tough...stalling the ball just as you get over the rollover active for the bonus. A very challenging shot. More simple but fun - Data East Batman. Getting it down whichever one of the three drop holes is lit can be easy or hard, and if you get the right one the Flugelheim entrance drops for access to instant multiball...a good payoff that makes the shot really worth hitting.

#9 3 years ago

Now that it's in my head, Congo actually has a really cool skillshot as well.

#10 3 years ago

Baywatch has a cool ones as you have 3 options and if you get all 3 in one game you get a super skill shot bonus so is cool

#11 3 years ago

WNBJM very hard and a big reward if you get it.

#14 3 years ago

Nailing Gem on Tron, tough but very valuable and satisfying!

#15 3 years ago

Riverboat gambler.

#16 3 years ago

Fireball has a very nice skillshot for an EM.

#17 3 years ago

This question was asked before, and a couple of polls were held. The final poll revealed the winner as Pinball Magic.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-skill-shot-ever-finals

#18 3 years ago

Every shot is tough when you have no skill...

#19 3 years ago

Fireball, Creech, TSPP (just for the variety)... But Pinball Magic is tough to beat. It's really the best part of the whole game.

#20 3 years ago

congo - super skillshot

#21 3 years ago

Taxi and similar where you have a pronounced loop spiral cone the ball around so many times to hit the mark.... more fun because I can SEE the ball spin around rather than getting a ball into a blind hole.

faz

#22 3 years ago

Big Hurt... Tough to hit, and if you do, watch out for the left outlane. Great sound of the crack of the bat paired with flipper when trying to hit lit drop target.

#23 3 years ago

Most satisfying one ive ever hit is Mr Mrs Pacman. Get into the maze with Pacman aggressor right off the bat. HUGE advantage of you can hit the shot.

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from DMC:

This question was asked before, and a couple of polls were held. The final poll revealed the winner as Pinball Magic.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-skill-shot-ever-finals

Nice! I searched the forums for "best skillshot" and got nothing. I was surprised that it hadn't been asked. I knew I had to be wrong.

Edit: Just searched again. I spelled "skillshot" as one word, not two.

#25 3 years ago

DE Batman

#26 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Riverboat gambler.

I love the Riverboat gambler skill shot as well. Starting out in roulette is huge

Quoted from tamoore:

Fireball, Creech, TSPP (just for the variety)... But Pinball Magic is tough to beat. It's really the best part of the whole game.

I have not put in enough time on the other two but CFTBL is great simply because it has two. Sometimes I shoot for paid and sometimes I shoot for kiss. Awesome variety

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Baywatch has a cool ones as you have 3 options and if you get all 3 in one game you get a super skill shot bonus so is cool

I agree. Choosing your skill shot is neat.

#28 3 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I like the variety on TSPP too. The downside is that even though if you drain without hitting a major switch it will let you shoot again, there really is no ball save timer.

#29 3 years ago

Best... TSPP
Worst...Iron Man, only 2 rollovers to go through and at least on mine it goes down the left hand one every time! Zero skill.

#30 3 years ago

Lord of the Rings has a great skillshot! You can go for either a weak plunge into the lit ORK lane for raising the multiplier by six, a medium plunge into the tower for some good points and some souls, or a strong plunge around to the left flipper to make a shot through the right loop for some bug points. Plus you have to time your plunger properly to select the skillshot you want to go for.

#31 3 years ago

PINBOT

#32 3 years ago

PIN*BOT

1 week later
#33 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Worst...Iron Man, only 2 rollovers to go through and at least on mine it goes down the left hand one every time! Zero skill.

Agreed. One of the weakest skill shot / PF entrances in pinball. For the title and year, you think Stern definitely would have made the skill shot more exciting on IM. The entrance on my BH is more exciting.

#34 3 years ago

WoF's is pretty good as well. I like Fireball's better though.

#35 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Disable the orbit post in Iron Man and it becomes one of the most challenging skill shots in all of pinball!

#36 3 years ago

Fireball EM and Fireball Classic. Most influential on scoring and unique shot uphill.

#37 3 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Fireball EM and Fireball Classic. Most influential on scoring and unique shot uphill.

I've won many competitive games on Fireball thanks to making the skill shot.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Brewster, NY
$ 50.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 38.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Jacksonville Beach, FL
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 249.00
$ 42.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside