Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 78 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by Bmad21
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

009-tokyo-perfect-drift (resized).jpg
    021-tokyo-perfect-drift (resized).jpg
    Scorpion (resized).png
    Mystic (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TreyBo69.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 1 year ago

My personal favorites in no particular order

Eight Ball Deluxe, Stars, Meteor, Star Gazer, The Beatles, Hoops, Quick Silver, Skateball, Flash, Viking, Harlem Globetrotters, Frontier, Hot Tip, Joker Poker, Sinbad, Gamatron/Flight-2k

#27 1 year ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

When new games come out, I often look at the shots and see how many unique ones there are. Probably why I like KME games so much.
    Gorgar may not look like it has a bunch of shots, because there aren't a lot of ball guides which separate shots. However, it makes up for that with a bit more chaos with the exposed pops due to said lack of ball guides. Then add in the fact the quickest way to get points (1-2-3-4-Pit), requires low side-to-side shots adds in more chaos, and you're constantly on your toes. No safe orbits or shots returning to flippers.
    Then you have a better-than-average (for the era) rules set which allows you to attack the score many different ways (1-2-3-4-Pit, GOR-GAR, Spam the left 10K-15K eject, light spinner, build bonus plus A-B-C...etc.). Between the drops, the standups, the spinner, the saucer, and the Pit, and you're still required to hit dedicated shots skillfully. Don't let the lack of ball guides fool you.
    In regards to the price point, it should be able to be found under $2K and it has a ton of replayability. Only early SS to remain in my collection.
    That's my Gorgar love letter for today.

I think the smartest rule on Gorgar is how it turns the spinner on and then off after a certain amount of bonus advancements. So you don't prioritize it the whole time, except for when it is worth going for. And when it's lit you may actually want to avoid advancing the bonus.

#40 1 year ago

I've never cared for Paragon either. Harlem has much more fun spinner ripping.

They're pretty similar in that you (typically) focus on going for the inline drops, then ripping the spinner. On Paragon the inlines are only bonus X. On Harlem they're bonus X and build up the value of the left spinner that leads to the valuable top hole. Paragon's only spinner advances the bonus. Harlem has two bonus advance spinners up the middle, in addition to the juicy left spinner. Harlem also has the fun little shot on the bottom right that's worth going for.

I like the idea of the Beast Lair on Paragon. It just needed some sort of cool rule to go with it. Like so many pop bumper hits could light a bonus collect at a saucer (or hell, even a special). The waterfall sucks. It sends the ball helplessly down the center quite often.

I kinda like Hotdoggin as a super floaty widebody, even if the sling shot flipper is stupid and the spinner doesn't rip. Futura Spa could be better if you could actually rip those spinners. I like the outlane Futura Spa bottom. It's a beautiful mess of "what do we do with all this extra space"

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TreyBo69.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-single-level-games?tu=TreyBo69 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.