Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 78 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by Bmad21
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

009-tokyo-perfect-drift (resized).jpg
    021-tokyo-perfect-drift (resized).jpg
    Scorpion (resized).png
    Mystic (resized).png

There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 1 year ago

Embryon.

#52 1 year ago

My darkhorse pick for solid state widebody is Scorpion.

Scorpion (resized).pngScorpion (resized).png

#54 1 year ago

Go for,
    Gottlieb:
    Count down.
    Joker Poker
    The Games
    Qberts Quest. (Can play it infinitely).
    The Football Game.
    Striker
    Rocky.
    Bounty Hunter
    Chicago Cubs.
    Sinbad.
    Alien Star.
    James Bond.
    Encounters of the third kind.
    Asteroid Annie and the aliens.
    Street level games.

Bally
    Black pyramid (and any other from around that Era).

Williams
    Hot Tip.

#55 1 year ago

Beatles
    TNA
    Fathom Revisited

Cost be damned.

#56 1 year ago

Future Spa is excellent (for its time) in all respects.

Gotta give a shout out to Title Fight, a very fun and clever layout.

#57 1 year ago

Give Alien Poker a look - a crossover ball launch, targets spread to create lots of shots, the "gambling" aspect of knocking the 5 drops now or holding them until you crank up the multiple, the memory of what drops you've hit across ball drains and the third flipper I guess offers additional angles. No multi-ball though despite three lock holes - go figure.

-Rob
    -visit https://www.kahr.us to get my daugtherboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my Type 1 sound board for classic Williams games

#58 1 year ago

Space Invaders. Looks awesome, lots of shots, love the four-flipper geometry.

#59 1 year ago

Some great titles have already been mentioned. For Early Gottlieb Buck Rogers can be fun once setup correctly.

As far as odd ones Af-Tor by Wico was a surprising one. Not a common game but it is a fun game to play.

#61 1 year ago

Halloween

#62 1 year ago

Hoops… nothing else comes close!

#63 1 year ago

Stars really is the whole package with the real chimes-the sounds are pure pinball goodness

TNA is today's Stars-only with custom synth tunes instead of chimes

Beatles is super fun-nothing like ripping the orbits-feels so good

Paragon for a wide body is fun-lots of great games mentioned

#64 1 year ago

pinmister knows what he's talking about.

#66 1 year ago

So many too choose from!! I'm more of a Williams girl.
    You already mentioned Gorgar, Alien Poker, Scorpion and Barracora have also been mentioned. Algar is a widebody but a fun and challenging game, Star Light is awesome! There's also Blackout, Warlok, Time Fantasy. Catacomb is a challenging Stern, and Fathom is an awesome and beautiful Bally...
    I would suggest possibly playing any that interest you to see if they're what you are looking for. Go with your gut, cause in the end it's all about what you choose not what others tell you to choose...
    Good luck and play pinball!!

Phoebe

#67 1 year ago
    Quoted from splattii:

I only have room for a few pins and that's it. I have 3 pins with Ramps, bridges or a second level playfield. I also have a pair of EM's. I want to switch up the lineup but I want a single level game as I like variety but I want to get away from another EM. Tempted to grab a Gorgar but IMO the price is a bit much for the number of shots. Granted it's beautiful to look at but on a whole I think for the price I can do better but maybe I'm wrong!? I like Big Game but it's not easy to find and it's not exactly cheap either, which is ok, but I just don't see any in my area. What are some of the better single level games outside of the EM era?

Grab Gorgar. Great game. Keep your eyes peeled and you'll find one 'cheap'--there are a ton out there.

#68 1 year ago
    Quoted from bingopodcast:

Drained - https://drainedpinball.com (though I'm a little biased)

That P3 Drained machine looks pretty fun.

#69 1 year ago

Huh?

#70 1 year ago
    Quoted from joetechbob:

Grab Gorgar. Great game. Keep your eyes peeled and you'll find one 'cheap'--there are a ton out there.

A Gorgar parts machine very recently posted in the project game thread for $100: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/post-project-pins-for-sale-here-cl-ebay-pinside-and-others/page/486#post-7399526

-Rob
    -visit https://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my replacement LED display boards for model H & S Skee Ball

#71 1 year ago

Tokyo Perfect Drift ...

021-tokyo-perfect-drift (resized).jpg021-tokyo-perfect-drift (resized).jpg
    009-tokyo-perfect-drift (resized).jpg009-tokyo-perfect-drift (resized).jpg

#72 1 year ago

You don't actually need ramps in a pinball game. Single-level playfields can offer the complete pinball experience.

1 week later
    #73 1 year ago

Thanks to everyone for the help. Sometimes the game picks you and you don't get to pick the game. Out of the blue a nicely priced Eight Ball Deluxe (1984) fell into my lap with a near perfect backglass and what seems to be little to no wear on the playfield. Picked it up today and going to see how it goes.

#74 1 year ago
    Quoted from splattii:

Thanks to everyone for the help. Sometimes the game picks you and you don't get to pick the game. Out of the blue a nicely priced Eight Ball Deluxe (1984) fell into my lap with a near perfect backglass and what seems to be little to no wear on the playfield. Picked it up today and going to see how it goes.

Congrats! The definition of a "one more" game

#75 1 year ago
    Quoted from splattii:

Thanks to everyone for the help. Sometimes the game picks you and you don't get to pick the game. ..

Yep - congrats! EBD is a very fun game!

#76 1 year ago

Excellent choice! Congratulations on the score. I’ll give it six months max before you have your next game.

2 months later
    #78 10 months ago
    Quoted from Robotworkshop:

Some great titles have already been mentioned. For Early Gottlieb Buck Rogers can be fun once setup correctly.
    As far as odd ones Af-Tor by Wico was a surprising one. Not a common game but it is a fun game to play.

That game needs to have its sound effects upgraded.

It sounds Ike diarrhea and low quality sound effects.

There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-single-level-games/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.