9%
  • Batman Forever 10 votes
    6%

(181 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hqdefault (resized).jpg
418BD6D4-31C1-4554-9A3E-794AF0E63248 (resized).jpeg
There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

What do you think is the best SEGA game (not including the really early ones) and why? Some seem like a pretty good value to me.

#2 5 years ago

I liked Twister quite a bit.

Godzilla was fun had a pretty good rule set if you can get past the Ferris Bueller part.

#3 5 years ago

List is missing baywatch. Which would be my pick.

Goldeneye batman and Frankenstein are also up there.

But I enjoy all the Sega games

#4 5 years ago

golden eye - Love the theme, lots of toys and ramps.

Water world - love the theme, just plain fun

Thanks
Blake

#5 5 years ago

Goldeneye is a blast ! I love it the way it shoots the ball back in the game when drained. Shuttle magnet is unique too.

#6 5 years ago

Umm, where’s Baywatch?

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from Blake:

golden eye - Love the theme, lots of toys and ramps.
Thanks
Blake

Baywatch too. Cant believe I almost forgot that. Super awesome layout.

Thanks
Blake

#8 5 years ago

Poll is bullshit without Baywatch. Great game, unfortunate license.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from Blake:

Gottlieb/ Premier on that one.

"Sink the Deeez!"

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Gottlieb/ Premier on that one.
"Sink the Deeez!"

good call what the hell is wrong with me

thanks
Blake

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from Blake:

good call what the hell is wrong with me

thanks
Blake

It might as well have been a Sega. They were both bottom feeding in the 90s.

#12 5 years ago

You forgot the first Sega. Mary Shellys Frankenstein. In my opinion, the best.

#13 5 years ago

So we don't count Maverick either? It has Sonic on the dmd.

#14 5 years ago

I have always really enjoyed Sega games i own SST, Frankenstein, ID4, South park, Batman forever, x files, Baywatch, Godzilla, golden eye, twister, Lost in space, Apollo 13, and Lost world Jurassic park. But, i think my favorite one is x files with batman forever and Godzilla being really close.

#15 5 years ago

ive owned almost all of them at one time. all pretty fun games. but batman forever and Baywatch is top 2 I think. Apollo 13, Frankenstein, and goldeneye are pretty decent too.

#16 5 years ago

I haven't played all the Sega games extensively enough to really have a strong opinion, however, I really do enjoy Batman Forever and Goldeneye. Jurassic Park is good, but I'd still rather play Whirlwind.

#17 5 years ago

I would have voted for Frankenstein. Hard to believe that and baywatch didnt make the list but space jam did.

#18 5 years ago

Baywatch.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

List is missing baywatch. Which would be my pick.
Goldeneye batman and Frankenstein are also up there.
But I enjoy all the Sega games

Quoted from bam10:

I would have voted for Frankenstein. Hard to believe that and baywatch didnt make the list but space jam did.

Quoted from HIPPY:

Quoted from HIPPY:

Can’t believe I forgot all of those big dmd games. Added them to the poll. I don’t count Maverick as Data East actually designed and temporarily made the game.

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

I don’t count Maverick as Data East actually designed and temporarily made the game.

That would be the same with Mary Shelly's Frankenstein . Not very common, but I have seen one sporting the Data East logo.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Can’t believe I forgot all of those big dmd games. Added them to the poll. I don’t count Maverick as Data East actually designed and temporarily made the game.

too late

close and start over

#22 5 years ago

BMF
'nuff said...

#23 5 years ago

Only ONE Sega game can hold the title of Imamaculate pin...

418BD6D4-31C1-4554-9A3E-794AF0E63248 (resized).jpeg418BD6D4-31C1-4554-9A3E-794AF0E63248 (resized).jpeg
#24 5 years ago

Sonic the Hedgehog or Madden 94

#25 5 years ago

Bah!

hqdefault (resized).jpghqdefault (resized).jpg
#26 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Bah![quoted image]

BOOM! Where did that truck come from?!

<player gets hurt, here comes the ambulance onto the field, running over all of the non-injured players>

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

Sonic the Hedgehog or Madden 94

Quoted from o-din:

Bah![quoted image]

Guys, Bill Walsh college Football was the best ever for sure. Jesus that and 1994 EA hockey in the same year...so many advancements.

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

BOOM! Where did that truck come from?!

"He'll remember that number!"

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Guys, Bill Walsh college Football was the best ever for sure. Jesus that and 1994 EA hockey in the same year...so many advancements.

That's some memory.
And those were great games!
Went 100-0 as Ottawa!
(reg. season + playoffs).

#30 5 years ago

Hockey of course added the one timer, and i think walsh added the high step/hurdle...or the spin move. (?)

#31 5 years ago

Maverick for the win!!! Just an excellent & very underrated title that seems to lost in the modern machine era. The oversize dot matrix is great, as are the rules & layout. Let's not forget the 17 drop targets that take the strategy to a whole new level. What makes it even better is the sub $2000 price range. A whole lotta machine for the money & overall gameplay. It's a winner!!!!

#32 5 years ago

Goldeneye and Baywatch are the best.

However SST is a pretty fun guilty pleasure.

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

i think walsh added the high step/hurdle...or the spin move. (?)

Madden 93 has the spin move. Also was the first Madden with licensed NFL teams. I had most Sega Maddens after that, but always went back to 93 for better sound and graphics. It was just the complete package. There is a Championship edition that was a rental only and has way more all time great teams.

94 was way exploitable by flipping the ball to the outside and letting Walter Payton jog to the end zone. They added plays and features year after year, but something was lost as they did.

#34 5 years ago

X-files.
I'm getting my 3rd one this week!

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Madden 93 has the spin move. Also was the first Madden with licensed NFL teams. I had most Sega Maddens after that, but always went back to 93 for better sound and graphics. It was just the complete package. There is a Championship edition that was a rental only and has way more all time great teams.
94 was way exploitable by flipping the ball to the outside and letting Walter Payton jog to the end zone. They added plays and features year after year, but something was lost as they did.

Agreed... loved me some madden 93 .....

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Agreed... loved me some madden 93 ...

I don't know what happened, but the whole vibe and feel of the game changed after that. Especially in the sound department. I think it was a different guy that did it.

#37 5 years ago

Maverick is my favorite Sega along with Frankenstein. Baywatch is good too.

#38 5 years ago

What about the game that saved pinball, South Park?

Never mind.....

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

What about the game that saved pinball, South Park?
Never mind.....

Still earns well on route...

There were some pretty shitty coding/scoring going on with SWT, JPLW, X-Files...An epic game is in the 40-60 million range, the scoring was trash in those pins. Not that it was too possible, but if you somehow managed to get 100 million, you'd have been bored to death getting there.

Choke Jabba...300k....pftt...

#40 5 years ago

Either Baywatch or Batman Forever. I'd love to say Goldeneye but some of its rules are poorly implemented. BW and BF have much more complex rule sets that are better thought out, and they have great shot layouts.

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Still earns well on route...

I remember when it was the only game on route. Big change from a few years prior.

#42 5 years ago

I’m looking into XF. Huge fan of the show, and it seems to have some cool aspects to it.

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

I’m looking into XF. Huge fan of the show, and it seems to have some cool aspects to it.

Sadly playing it isn't one of them. It's a real dog.

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Sadly playing it isn't one of them. It's a real dog.

It's not the worst pin, but the scoring is poorly executed/limited. It's a very narrow shooting pin, something I don't personally mind, but tends to turn a lot of ''fans'' off.
The wizard mode is decently challenging to get to, and some of the modes are fun.

I'm not really a fan of the show, so it's an unbiased stab at it.

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from akm:

Either Baywatch or Batman Forever. I'd love to say Goldeneye but some of its rules are poorly implemented. BW and BF have much more complex rule sets that are better thought out, and they have great shot layouts.

Ok, owned BF 3 times and I love it, but it is broken. BF high score, go for mystery award until you get 20x bonus. Shoot ramps and if you really want to cheat go for bonus hold. Throw up an obscene score that someone going for anything else will never get.

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Ok, owned BF 3 times and I love it, but it is broken. BF high score, go for mystery award until you get 20x bonus. Shoot ramps and if you really want to cheat go for bonus hold. Throw up an obscene score that someone going for anything else will never get.

Nah. I’ve owned it 3 times too, it’s not broken. It scores fun, but is limited and feels very repetitive.

The only real knock is that, and the way you get the super jackpot is weird and not really explained in the rules.

#47 5 years ago

I haven't played most of these, but I would have to pick X-Files if not for the music alone. I love the tough layout, too.

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

It's not the worst pin, ....

No it isn't but it's nipping at Barb Wires heels.
I was pretty excited when it hit the streets as X-files was still pretty cool at the time, but it was dud on arrival.

#49 5 years ago

Goldeneye for me...Although I would really like to try a twister one day. Heard good things. Also a mention for Frank and Xfiles. Batman looks very cool as well. Don't honestly see them that often.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

4,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Toronto, ON
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 33.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 259.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
London, ENGLAND
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-sega-game?hl=mbaumle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.