(Topic ID: 316981)

Best SEGA 192x64 to put next to Baywatch.

By Midway-Man

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What’s a nice Game to put next to Baywatch.”

• Maverick 5 votes
    26%
  • Frankenstein 4 votes
    21%
  • Batman Forever 7 votes
    37%
  • A different game (Please specify) 3 votes
    16%

(19 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

received_339143694324989 (resized).jpeg
received_184363330144675 (resized).jpeg
#1 1 year ago

Hey Guys, this is probably a weird and unusual question.

Here is the deal…
I have room for 4 games total. 2 games fit in my livingroom (currently GB and NST) and the other 2 fit in my bedroom (currently just BW… since SWEP1 had to go, I couldn’t stand it anymore)
With that being said, there is an empty spot I would like to fill. Because of the look, it should be one of the remaining SuperSizeDMD games.
So what is the best 192x64 game to put next to Baywatch? I mean there are only 3 left Maverick, Frankenstein and Batman… But which is good? I never played any of those.
Actually I never played Baywatch before I bought it and I just got it because it was a great deal I couldn’t pass on. I should also add, if that deal wasn’t that great, I would have never intentionally bought Baywatch, because I am generally not a huge fan of DE/SEGA games.
But Baywatch actually grew on me and I like it a lot, i guess I should call it a keeper now. It’s nice to play a quick game on and it’s just something special compared to other games of that era.

If you leave a vote. Please write a few words why you think this would be nice beside Baywatch. Also if you don’t vote for one of the 3 SuperSizeDMD games, make sure to name a different game.

The Themes and Licenses of (all)games do absolutely nothing for me. The most important thing for me is the feel of the gameplay, it shouldn’t play clunky, 2nd the software should have some depth and is not only focused on multiball, lastly comes sound and artwork.

Can’t wait to get some feedback. I mean at the end of the day it’s just personal taste. But i am curious what other Pinsiders think, you guys were very helpful in the past.

Maximilian

#2 1 year ago

Baywatch is by far the best of the large DMD games. I've owned them all and still own Baywatch 9 years later...my oldest owned game and a keeper. The other are, meh, unless you can buy them for pre-covid prices. But at today's higher prices, much better options for the $$.

#3 1 year ago

I would rate them like this:
1.Baywatch (by far)
2.Batman Forever
3.Frankenstein
4.Maverick (by far worst)

For the money, I would recommend something else. Johnny Mnemonic or Dirty Harry are great "B" B/W games arround that price. If you are a huge fan of I500, check out White Water or Shadow. Similarities with the rule sets.

#4 1 year ago

Yep, Baywatch. Not even close. Horrible theme, great layout

#5 1 year ago

Maverick. The answer is Maverick. It will be the cheapest one of the bunch too. What a fun pin! Shooters delight! Several modes. Very hard to get to the Wizard Mode. Pretty sure most people who own it have never seen it. I have had mine since 2014. Love it!
received_184363330144675 (resized).jpegreceived_184363330144675 (resized).jpegreceived_339143694324989 (resized).jpegreceived_339143694324989 (resized).jpeg

#6 1 year ago

Frankenstein, I owned that game in France a while ago, fun, fast, it's a great shooter.

I like Baywatch too but I can't stand the darn dolphin sound

#7 1 year ago

I’d say Batman is 2nd best after Baywatch if it’s dialled in as it’s got lots of modes and some depth in the challenge of the wizard mode. But as was mentioned above Johnny Mnemonic, Demo Man and Dirty Harry are all better games around that price point

#8 1 year ago

Thanks for the feedback.

Adding another WMS game to the collection is another opportunity. I think I will just wait a little longer and see what Stern releases next.

In the meantime I will focus on my Homebrew to get things done.

#9 1 year ago

Maverick is the answer. I like variety. It is refreshing to see a machine with so many drop targets. Good software thanks to Lyman. The music isn't annoying. The integration playing black jack on the large DMD is fun. There really isn't another DMD era machine like it. A good mix of ramp shots, orbits, and lots of drop targets to shoot at. I just sold mine, but it is a very fun and challenging machine. Mine was not clunky and played well. Did I mention that hitting drop targets is lots of fun? haha.

3 weeks later
#10 1 year ago

Something to consider:

What among the pins listed have parts that are basically unobtainium? Batman Forever has green ramps that I have yet to see anyone offer replacements for. I know Maverick has had some issues with the river boat. Frankenstein seems to pull ahead in this aspect. Only downside is it can get a little repetitive.

Pure enjoyment however would go to Batman Forever, IMO. Pure cheese theme in a good way, a widebody and with cheese like Baywatch would just look too good together

#11 1 year ago

I have owned all 4 pins over the years but the two I keep going back too are Baywatch and Maverick I have owned the Maverick for 20 years now great great always a fun pin all around

#12 1 year ago

Midway-man, being German or in Germany I figured you would have gotten the BW for the Hoff. Just kidding and have had the same question. I would love to get a chance to play the other three games. What I see here is Maverick is a divider. Some hate, but some love.

#13 1 year ago

Maverick is fantastic. So good.

#14 1 year ago

Maverick is the answer. It's challenging. You have got to like hitting drop targets.

#15 1 year ago

Maverick is so good when one came up for sale I got it even I already own one lol so I had two for a while then sold it too a family member because he always liked playing my when he's here Maverick is the best game by far had my for over 20 years now

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 259.00
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

2,856 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Erie, PA
3,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-sega-192x64-to-put-next-to-baywatch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.