10 days ago

Topic Stats

• 62 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by Mr_Bricks
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screenshot 2018-12-05 at 11.10.03 PM - Edited.png
    grillbot.jpg
    4DFC2FF3-C3A2-404D-9C32-04BCCC203EFA (resized).png
    Screenshot_20181205-120047 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20181205-120121 (resized).png
    cat-gifs-108-010.gif

There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 9 days ago
    Quoted from WackyBrakke:

Do you have a dog? I don't think any of the robotic vacuums have solved the problem of being able to detect and avoid poop. Watch out for that lovely mess smeared all over the place.

The sensor already exists, so it's just a matter of time until one of the vacuum robot manufacturers integrates it.

#52 9 days ago
    Quoted from vireland:

The sensor already exists, so it's just a matter of time until one of the vacuum robot manufacturers integrates it.

Seems like the most critical very first thing these things should have been taught to avoid. Id rather have it tumble down the stairs and explode than run over a pile of dog shit and spread it like a nuclear disaster

#53 9 days ago
    Quoted from WackyBrakke:

Seems like the most critical very first thing these things should have been taught to avoid. Id rather have it tumble down the stairs and explode than run over a pile of dog shit and spread it like a nuclear disaster

In the initial days you had to set the roomba down in the room you wanted to clean and manually start it, so you were generally aware if there was dog poop around. However, once they made models with unattended scheduled cleanings, the problems started in houses with non-house trained or accident-prone dogs. The existing sensor will fix this, it's just a matter of who implements it first.

#54 9 days ago
    Quoted from vireland:

In the initial days you had to set the roomba down in the room you wanted to clean and manually start it, so you were generally aware if there was dog poop around. However, once they started unattended scheduled cleanings, the problems started in houses with non-house trained or accident-prone dogs. The existing sensor will fix this, it's just a matter of who implements it first.

Ha! they better hurry before the poopcalypse destroys the planet!

#55 9 days ago

I have the next to top of the line roomba and it works great on tile for dog hair.

#56 9 days ago
    Quoted from NY2Colorado:

I have the next to top of the line roomba and it works great on tile for dog hair.

The E6 or i7 (no plus)?

#57 9 days ago
    Quoted from jellikit:

They already take care of grills!
    https://grillbots.com/[quoted image]

And there's my Christmas gift, thank you

#58 8 days ago

It's not perfect, but i generally love my Neato D7. We have a fairly complicated/messy floorplan so not having to put down ir cones or magnetic tape for no-go areas is a must have feature imo.

My brother's family has one of the $900 roombas and he says they never even use it.

#59 8 days ago
    Quoted from vireland:

The E6 or i7 (no plus)?

The 960. It's not the carpet one, but does work pretty good on my area rugs.

#60 8 days ago
    Quoted from NY2Colorado:

The 960. It's not the carpet one, but does work pretty good on my area rugs.

The 960 is 4th from the top now. i7Plus->i7->980->960->E5/6.

That said, the i7 is nothing to lust after, at least not so far. It's much dumber than iRobot marketing wants you to believe. Just the tiniest of improvements over the 960 (though the i7 is MUCH quieter than both the 960 and the jet-engine 980).

#61 8 days ago

When I lived in an all hardwood floored house with a dog and a cat, my buddy bought a roomba. I would sweep, and swiffer, and then the roomba would still find a ton of animal hair around.

My new house is mostly carpet, so I have the Roomba that does both. I frickn love it. I still use the regular vacuum from time to time, but the roomba does great for inbetween cleanings. I usually work around 70 hrs a week, so my weekends are spent being lazy as fk..

#62 4 days ago

Best Buy has a killer deal on the Botvac D5. https://www.bestbuy.com/site/neato-robotics-botvac-d5-app-controlled-robot-vacuum-black/5559900.p?skuId=5559900

I bought one yesterday and I got to say, I'm more than impressed.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 329.00
    $ 25.00
    Boards
    German-Pinball-Modular
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    £ 32.00
    $ 8,500.00
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 59.99
    Hardware
    Chroma Pinball
    $ 100.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 29.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 26.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Led
    Comet Pinball
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 89.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Tim's Pinball Mods
    There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside