1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 68 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 59 days ago by vireland
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screenshot 2018-12-05 at 11.10.03 PM - Edited.png
    grillbot.jpg
    4DFC2FF3-C3A2-404D-9C32-04BCCC203EFA (resized).png
    Screenshot_20181205-120047 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20181205-120121 (resized).png
    cat-gifs-108-010.gif

There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 1 year ago
    Quoted from WackyBrakke:

Do you have a dog? I don't think any of the robotic vacuums have solved the problem of being able to detect and avoid poop. Watch out for that lovely mess smeared all over the place.

The sensor already exists, so it's just a matter of time until one of the vacuum robot manufacturers integrates it.

#52 1 year ago
    Quoted from vireland:

The sensor already exists, so it's just a matter of time until one of the vacuum robot manufacturers integrates it.

Seems like the most critical very first thing these things should have been taught to avoid. Id rather have it tumble down the stairs and explode than run over a pile of dog shit and spread it like a nuclear disaster

#53 1 year ago
    Quoted from WackyBrakke:

Seems like the most critical very first thing these things should have been taught to avoid. Id rather have it tumble down the stairs and explode than run over a pile of dog shit and spread it like a nuclear disaster

In the initial days you had to set the roomba down in the room you wanted to clean and manually start it, so you were generally aware if there was dog poop around. However, once they made models with unattended scheduled cleanings, the problems started in houses with non-house trained or accident-prone dogs. The existing sensor will fix this, it's just a matter of who implements it first.

#54 1 year ago
    Quoted from vireland:

In the initial days you had to set the roomba down in the room you wanted to clean and manually start it, so you were generally aware if there was dog poop around. However, once they started unattended scheduled cleanings, the problems started in houses with non-house trained or accident-prone dogs. The existing sensor will fix this, it's just a matter of who implements it first.

Ha! they better hurry before the poopcalypse destroys the planet!

#55 1 year ago

I have the next to top of the line roomba and it works great on tile for dog hair.

#56 1 year ago
    Quoted from NY2Colorado:

I have the next to top of the line roomba and it works great on tile for dog hair.

The E6 or i7 (no plus)?

#57 1 year ago
    Quoted from jellikit:

They already take care of grills!
    https://grillbots.com/[quoted image]

And there's my Christmas gift, thank you

#58 1 year ago

It's not perfect, but i generally love my Neato D7. We have a fairly complicated/messy floorplan so not having to put down ir cones or magnetic tape for no-go areas is a must have feature imo.

My brother's family has one of the $900 roombas and he says they never even use it.

#59 1 year ago
    Quoted from vireland:

The E6 or i7 (no plus)?

The 960. It's not the carpet one, but does work pretty good on my area rugs.

#60 1 year ago
    Quoted from NY2Colorado:

The 960. It's not the carpet one, but does work pretty good on my area rugs.

The 960 is 4th from the top now. i7Plus->i7->980->960->E5/6.

That said, the i7 is nothing to lust after, at least not so far. It's much dumber than iRobot marketing wants you to believe. Just the tiniest of improvements over the 960 (though the i7 is MUCH quieter than both the 960 and the jet-engine 980).

#61 1 year ago

When I lived in an all hardwood floored house with a dog and a cat, my buddy bought a roomba. I would sweep, and swiffer, and then the roomba would still find a ton of animal hair around.

My new house is mostly carpet, so I have the Roomba that does both. I frickn love it. I still use the regular vacuum from time to time, but the roomba does great for inbetween cleanings. I usually work around 70 hrs a week, so my weekends are spent being lazy as fk..

#62 1 year ago

Best Buy has a killer deal on the Botvac D5. https://www.bestbuy.com/site/neato-robotics-botvac-d5-app-controlled-robot-vacuum-black/5559900.p?skuId=5559900

I bought one yesterday and I got to say, I'm more than impressed.

3 weeks later
    #63 1 year ago

I purchased 2 of the Neato d3’s posted earlier in this thread. I freaking love these things! If picks up so much pet hair, I’d buy another in a second if needed

#64 1 year ago
    Quoted from TZBen:

I purchased 2 of the Neato d3’s posted earlier in this thread. I freaking love these things! If picks up so much pet hair, I’d buy another in a second if needed

Has it tried to clean the dreaded poop pile yet?

#65 1 year ago
    Quoted from WackyBrakke:

If your house is piled with dog crap you have bigger issues then a vacuum. Just sayin.

#66 1 year ago
    Quoted from WackyBrakke:

Cats go in the box

11 months later
    #68 59 days ago

That's a garbage robot because it's knocking off the ancient Roomba tech that used brushes. They are a PAIN to clean. The newer Roombas use rubber cylinders and stronger suction instead of brushes. This requires WAY less maintenance and less failures.

Basically don't bother with any roomba or roomba knockoff that uses brushes. And if you are looking at a knockoff, make SURE it is UL listed. Lots of chinese junk isn't but look like respectable clones that will set your house on fire when you're away because of a battery short or some other quality issue.

You can get a Roomba 960 for about $300 now on sale. I'd look for that. You might THINK you want a 980 for the better suction, but it's an order of magnitude louder than the 960. We had both and we still have the 960 (and an i7+) but the 980 is long gone because of the noise. Stay FAR AWAY from the i7 and i7+. Roomba abandoned that terrible platform after less than a year and replaced it with the S series, but you still see the i7s on sale.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 65.00
    Boards
    Pinball Haus
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 12.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Meph's Mods
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 233.10
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    $ 210.00
    Playfields
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 8,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 199.99
    Apparel - Unisex
    ArcadeMade
    $ 25.00
    Boards
    German-Pinball-Modular
    Lighting - Backbox
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Flashinstinct
    $ 14.99
    Hardware
    Chroma Pinball
    $ 38.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside