Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 98 posts
  • 58 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 days ago by dkrubis
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Best Rock Pin for YOUR basement?”

• Guns & Roses CE 19 votes
      10%
    • Led Zep Prem or LE 11 votes
      6%
    • Iron maiden Prem or LE 40 votes
      20%
    • Aerosmith pro or prem 2 votes
      1%
    • Queen 1 vote
      1%
    • Elton John 7 votes
      4%
    • Kiss 8 votes
      4%
    • ACDC 26 votes
      13%
    • ACDC but with Iron Man 0 votes
    • Metallica any 39 votes
      20%
    • FOO prem or LE 16 votes
      8%
    • Rush 18 votes
      9%
    • Beatles 9 votes
      5%

(196 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wonka gif.gif
    Rock pinball picture (resized).jpg
    image-26 (resized).png
    waiting for the Law to get a clue (resized).jpg
    IMG_1855 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1856 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1857 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1858 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0401 (resized).png
    IMG_0491 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    1980f1 (resized).jpg
    Pinside_archive_187_1320064 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3754 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3735 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3757 (resized).jpeg
    There are 98 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 54 days ago

Metallica, Iron Maiden, Alice Cooper.
    G&R sucks big time.

#52 54 days ago

The best rock pin for me is GNR (JJP).

#53 54 days ago

As a game to play, Rush Prem is my favorite music pin. Great flow, fun to shoot, and interesting modes and multiball play. The music surprised me with how well is meshed with pinball.

For listening to, I love AC DC. Probably my favorite rock band of all time.

Best value is LZ Prem. It’s almost criminal how cheap you can get a premium with expression lighting.

For IM, love the music, the game does nothing for me. The gameplay seems polarizing on that one. It’s either people’s favorite, or they don’t really care for it.

I don’t have a MET, but I do have a Guardians of the Galaxy (very similar layout) with the Cleland sound mod, that makes it practically a music pin. It should get a honorable mention.

#54 54 days ago

Flintstones - most rocks of any pin.

Pinside_archive_187_1320064 (resized).jpgPinside_archive_187_1320064 (resized).jpg
    #55 54 days ago
    1980f1 (resized).jpg1980f1 (resized).jpg
    #56 54 days ago

Iron Maiden Pro, Heavy Metal Meltdown is pretty awesome as well...

#57 54 days ago
    Quoted from acedanger:

You forgot Rob Zombie; but it's pretty forgettable

real forgettable

#58 54 days ago

Should Spinal Tap be in the poll? I’ve never played so don’t know how the theme works.

Would it qualify as a rock pin or movie pin? Does it qualify as anything?

#59 54 days ago
    Quoted from bigguybbr:

As a game to play, Rush Prem is my favorite music pin. Great flow, fun to shoot, and interesting modes and multiball play. The music surprised me with how well is meshed with pinball.
    For listening to, I love AC DC. Probably my favorite rock band of all time.
    Best value is LZ Prem. It’s almost criminal how cheap you can get a premium with expression lighting.
    For IM, love the music, the game does nothing for me. The gameplay seems polarizing on that one. It’s either people’s favorite, or they don’t really care for it.
    I don’t have a MET, but I do have a Guardians of the Galaxy (very similar layout) with the Cleland sound mod, that makes it practically a music pin. It should get a honorable mention.

I should add, my opinion doesn't count. I live in Florida, we don't have basements here.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #60 54 days ago
    Quoted from DanMarino:

Did you want the Beatles to hop into a van and fight aliens that are wearing skull masks?

No, but to be honest I didnt want the Foos to either...I just dont see the appeal of street level pinball with all we have to work with today.

#61 54 days ago
    Quoted from Sandman33:

...I just dont see the appeal of street level pinball with all we have to work with today.

...Thinking a game is better simply because it has more lamps or ramps is laughable; but you'll get there one day.

#62 54 days ago

Thank you @thelaw, you said it much better than I was about to.

#63 54 days ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

...Thinking a game is better simply because it has more lamps or ramps is laughable; but you'll get there one day.

Thats why Bond 60th sold out so fast... The closest pin thats close to street level I like so far is PF. Sorry if my opinions arent as cultured as such.

#64 54 days ago
    Quoted from Sandman33:

Thats why Bond 60th sold out so fast... The closest pin thats close to street level I like so far is PF. Sorry if my opinions arent as cultured as such.

Well Bond 60 pricing too high for most but has no bearing on it being good or not. Beatles was passed over too. May not win a basement poll, but solid modern players that do well on location and some home collections.
    Drops and spinners rule!

#65 54 days ago

It’s between these 2 for me

IMG_0491 (resized).jpegIMG_0491 (resized).jpeg
    #66 54 days ago
    Quoted from Jimmyd044:

[quoted image]

I agree. The top two.

#67 54 days ago
    Quoted from Jimmyd044:

[quoted image]

Your basement looks really nice, love the floors and the textured ceiling, classy.

#68 54 days ago

I would say LED Zeppelin because it’s challenging and fun it offers a lot of things to do in the game! People don’t like it because it doesn’t have every song in it or every mech they wanted but you should go play a Zep premium if you haven’t and you will like it even more if you like combos and multipliers!

#69 54 days ago
    Quoted from Vino:

Well Bond 60 pricing too high for most but has no bearing on it being good or not. Beatles was passed over too. May not win a basement poll, but solid modern players that do well on location and some home collections.
    Drops and spinners rule!

Cant you have more than drops and spinners though? Star Wars has drops, spinners but also ramps, ball locks, and the death star loop. Just saying...Look how awesome Lebowski is, upper and sub lower playfield are cool.

#70 54 days ago

GnR all day…Miss mine

#71 54 days ago

I like all of mine, for me it just depends on what I’m in the mood to play, I like the toys in Metallica and Aerosmith they are really fun games, for me AC/DC and Iron Maiden are more challenging, and my Guns n Roses I have had for a very long time and still love playing that as well.

IMG_0401 (resized).pngIMG_0401 (resized).png
    #72 53 days ago

I do find it interesting that the king of Rock and Roll(cough Elvis) is not on the best Rock and Roll pinball poll?

Also forgetting Rolling Stones? LE is fastest game in all of pinball and blows away most of the modern rock pins with ceramic ball and pop ups-just sayin.

#73 53 days ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

I do find it interesting that the king of Rock and Roll(cough Elvis) is not on the best Rock and Roll pinball poll?
    Also forgetting Rolling Stones? LE is fastest game in all of pinball and blows away most of the modern rock pins with ceramic ball and pop ups-just sayin.

Yep enjoy my Stones LE as well and own or have owned most of these games.

#74 53 days ago

I also consider Tommy a Rock and Roll pin and it has one of the best overall layouts for a music pin-this poll is bunk

#75 53 days ago

1A Metallica
    1B acdc
    Best value LZ prem

#76 53 days ago

I voted Met but could’ve voted for Maiden easily. Both are great in pro prem or LE versions.

#77 53 days ago

I would consider TNA something of a music pin by Scott Danesi.

#78 53 days ago

For gameplay I'd go with Iron Maiden but I just don't like their music so I'll have to pass on on this one.

#79 53 days ago
    Quoted from GSones:

For gameplay I'd go with Iron Maiden but I just don't like their music so I'll have to pass on on this one.

Thats my point, imagine if Zep were Maiden...It would crush it.

#80 53 days ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

Because it's a horrible machine.

Quoted from pinmister:

I also consider Tommy a Rock and Roll pin...

It's musical pin which isn't really close to music

#81 53 days ago

You forgot some classics. Here’s a nice line up that was put on by the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame. Sorry the lighting sucks.

IMG_1855 (resized).jpegIMG_1855 (resized).jpegIMG_1856 (resized).jpegIMG_1856 (resized).jpegIMG_1857 (resized).jpegIMG_1857 (resized).jpegIMG_1858 (resized).jpegIMG_1858 (resized).jpeg
    #82 52 days ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Because it's a horrible machine

Elvis is a horrible machine?

You hate Ghostbusters? Hate Barbwire? Hate Elvis?

I am waiting for the 'LAW' to get a clue someday-maybe someday?

waiting for the Law to get a clue (resized).jpgwaiting for the Law to get a clue (resized).jpg
    #83 52 days ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

Elvis is a horrible machine?

God awful.

#84 52 days ago

Monster Bash

#85 52 days ago

I suppose if I actually had a basement.

image-26 (resized).pngimage-26 (resized).png
    #86 52 days ago

For MY basement?

There isn't any question.

ROCK

https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=1978

I actually like this pinball, and really enjoy myself every time I play it.

Rock pinball picture (resized).jpgRock pinball picture (resized).jpg
    #87 52 days ago
    Quoted from beergut666:

I don't like the Beatles music, but that pin is flat out fun and I'd love to have one at home.

Beatles are the greatest and most important band in history. The game sucks ass.

wonka gif.gifwonka gif.gif
    #88 52 days ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

Beatles are the greatest and most important band in history. The game sucks ass.

Dont worry it's not the good John Lennon music just the shitty ass bubble gum puke that not even you have listened to in decades.
    The music is for sure holding the gameplay down no doubt!

#89 52 days ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Dont worry it's not the good John Lennon music just the shitty ass bubble gum puke that not even you have listened to in decades.
    The music is for sure holding the gameplay down no doubt!

Haha. Yes, they picked the wrong Beatles era, wrong game play. Pretty much fucked up the greatest theme of all time all around. Oh yeah, they also attempted a 20K money grab on a "Diamond" edition. Glad it flopped.

#90 52 days ago

I don't know what you guys are talking about.

I beat the wizard mode on that Beatles game on ball one, then ran out of songs after Taxman and it just started over.

#91 52 days ago

Maiden is the only rock pin remaining in my basement, and not coincidentally my pick for best music pin of all time. Pro, please. Don't care for the premium "upgrades."

#92 52 days ago

great machine. i'll never sell mine.

#93 51 days ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

great machine. i'll never sell mine

I think the problem is most people have not had the pleasure of flipping Elvis or Rolling Stones due to the rarity of them. Music pins are super preferential and one's personal music taste does come into play. Tried playing Foo LE at buddies last weekend and it is a game I really can't stand. The layout does nothing for me and the music is not my cup of tea.

My personal list of top music pins:
    1. Metallica Pro(no clunky coffin lock/giant hammer)
    2. Iron Maiden Pro-one of best layouts in all of pinball
    3. Elvis unique fun layout that is far from fan layout
    4. Rolling Stones LE-ceramic ball pop ups
    5. Led Zeppelin LE-have to go Premium or LE for Magic Spinner
    6. TOMMY based on musical but still a music pin
    7. KISS well because it is KISS
    8. RUSH scoop city but epic songs add to experience
    9. GNR Data East actually a great game with great layout
    10. AC/DC PRO sold my LUCI due to novelty lower
    11. Beatles fun single level game
    12. Aerosmith is ok but nothing to write home to mom about

I will say JJP GNR, Elton, and Poo Fighters did not make the cut unfortunately. I will not put a game on my list that I cannot stand to play all 3 balls on. If I walk away-I walk away.

#94 51 days ago

I'd think anyone's list would be highly skewed towards the music they like.

My only music pin, Foo Fighters Premium, isn't in my basement with my other pins. I didn't pick it because I love the music but the wife does. I like how it plays, the art, the humor and a storyline that isn't collect albums and concert locations. I know this game is very polarizing because of the music.

The other music pins I enjoy and would probably own given space and $$$ would be:

Rush - I enjoy the game and the music
    Iron Maiden - love the game, hate the music

My favorite band of all time is Led Zeppelin although I have grown a bit tired of their music after hearing it so much. I would have purchased one for my home but find the game tragically bad in just about every way.

Too many of the music pins are from bands I really don't like. I could list dozens of bands I'd like to see but I'm certain there would only be moderate interest among pinheads.

#95 51 days ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I suppose if I actually had a basement

Sorry but anyone from Cali or Florida can't post in this thread

#96 51 days ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

Sorry but anyone from Cali or Florida can't post in this thread

OK, I'll head on over to that garage with the door open year round thread. No worries here.

But one last thing. How is Judge Dredd not in the poll?

#97 51 days ago
    Quoted from o-din:

OK, I'll head on over to that garage with the door open year round thread. No worries here.
    But one last thing. How is Judge Dredd not in the poll?

The garage with AC is nice. Can’t hear the pins from in the house.

1 month later
    #98 19 days ago

Maiden Pro. Even my 8 year old loves it.
    I think it's the best pin made.

There are 98 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-rock-pin-for-your-basement/page/2?hl=bigguybbr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.