Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 98 posts
  • 58 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by dkrubis
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Best Rock Pin for YOUR basement?”

• Guns & Roses CE 19 votes
      10%
    • Led Zep Prem or LE 11 votes
      6%
    • Iron maiden Prem or LE 40 votes
      20%
    • Aerosmith pro or prem 2 votes
      1%
    • Queen 1 vote
      1%
    • Elton John 7 votes
      4%
    • Kiss 8 votes
      4%
    • ACDC 27 votes
      14%
    • ACDC but with Iron Man 0 votes
    • Metallica any 39 votes
      20%
    • FOO prem or LE 16 votes
      8%
    • Rush 18 votes
      9%
    • Beatles 9 votes
      5%

(197 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wonka gif.gif
    Rock pinball picture (resized).jpg
    image-26 (resized).png
    waiting for the Law to get a clue (resized).jpg
    IMG_1855 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1856 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1857 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1858 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0401 (resized).png
    IMG_0491 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    1980f1 (resized).jpg
    Pinside_archive_187_1320064 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3754 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3735 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3757 (resized).jpeg
    There are 98 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 5 months ago

Which pin overall...and I mean gameplay vs code. vs your own personal opinions just because....not what you think everyone else thinks...WHAT DO YOU THINK?

#2 5 months ago

Missing Metallica. That's my vote. Like enter Sandman!

#3 5 months ago

Beatles

#4 5 months ago

Beatles or IMDN Pro

#5 5 months ago

Missing Rush and Foo fighters too.But My answer is Maiden

0E8534F1-C851-4570-94F1-3B7DB15D7C93 (resized).jpeg0E8534F1-C851-4570-94F1-3B7DB15D7C93 (resized).jpeg8E9723BB-18F6-4C8B-A691-F4E5E4B31D24 (resized).jpeg8E9723BB-18F6-4C8B-A691-F4E5E4B31D24 (resized).jpeg
    #6 5 months ago

Wow..I cant believe I left out Foo and the greatest ever MET...sry

#8 5 months ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Beatles or IMDN Pro

Yes.

#9 5 months ago

Honestly HOW is the Beatles even being mentioned??? There is NOTHING to DO in the game...the music is awesome though I will give you that. I love the Beatles...but the game is boring.

#10 5 months ago

OK I added MET and FOO. My bad

#12 5 months ago

Beatles added if thats your bag baby...personally I'd rather play Austin Powers.

#13 5 months ago
    Quoted from Sandman33:

Honestly HOW is the Beatles even being mentioned??? There is NOTHING to DO in the game...the music is awesome though I will give you that. I love the Beatles...but the game is boring.

I don't like the Beatles music, but that pin is flat out fun and I'd love to have one at home.

#14 5 months ago
    Quoted from Sandman33:

...the music is awesome though I will give you that.

Worst part of the game.

Quoted from Sandman33:

...personally I'd rather play Austin Powers.

You already own an Iromman.

#15 5 months ago

Rush, and it isn't close.

#16 5 months ago

Im going with Metallica the theme and play both hit well for me. It’s a keeper over here.

Maiden good layout the music grows on you eventually. I enjoyed babysitting one here for awhile played the snot out of it so I’m good for awhile.

Quoted from beergut666:

I don't like the Beatles music, but that pin is flat out fun and I'd love to have one at home.

I still have yet to play one the layout looks awesome seawitch 2.0

#17 5 months ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I still have yet to play one the layout looks awesome seawitch 2.0

Such a MAJOR improvement to Seawitch.

#18 5 months ago

As a music pin fan i have many, but metallica and beatles are my favorites. Beatles is a mode based game, you cant just walk up and play it without understanding what to do.

#19 5 months ago

I’d need to have them make a The Tragically Hip machine for MY basement. Probably the only rock band I like enough of their music to be worth my while.

#20 5 months ago

Metallica Pro and Elvis is no slouch either

#21 5 months ago
    Quoted from Sandman33:

Which pin overall...and I mean gameplay vs code. vs your own personal opinions just because....not what you think everyone else thinks...WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Quoted from Sandman33:

#22 5 months ago

None of them. I mostly listen to death/trash/black/ techical speed -metal, so all currently existing music pins are uninteresting imo.

And no, Metallica and Iron Maiden isn't proper metal to me, more like "pop metal" maybe and don't qualify to being a good music pin worthy of buying.

#23 5 months ago

Iron Maiden pro.

#25 5 months ago

I have a Foo LE in my basement right now, and it absolutely ties the room together. Wifey and I saw them live in Boston, we had purchased all their albums pre-Spotify days, and the colors in the room itself match that of the game. It's a perfect fit.

FOO!!!

#26 5 months ago
    Quoted from Numskul:

Missed Alice Cooper

Also Rob Zombie and Primus. There’s also Elvis, DE Guns & Roses, Rolling Stones, Ted Nugent and Bally KISS, but based on OP’s comments about the Beatles pin it seems older style pins are not his thing.

#27 5 months ago

Beatles is a great game.

Much better than bond 60, it’s obvious stablemate.

#28 5 months ago

Since I don't have a basement, I guess I don'r need any of them thank goodness.

#29 5 months ago

My humble apologies for shitting on the Beatles. I like the music a lot and the game is coded well. I just don't see much to do overall. Perhaps I'm wrong. I will look deeper into it.

#30 5 months ago

1A) RUSH

1B) Iron Maiden

#31 5 months ago
    Quoted from thirdedition:

Rush, and it isn't close.

This guy knows what he is talking about!

#32 5 months ago
    Quoted from Sandman33:

My humble apologies for shitting on the Beatles. I like the music a lot and the game is coded well. I just don't see much to do overall. Perhaps I'm wrong. I will look deeper into it.

There is considerable excitement in trying to get the Super Jackpot after the mode ends. Adds a lot!

#33 5 months ago

Metallica vs GNR for me. Led Zeppelin close second.

#34 5 months ago

For MY basement Scorpions…….. but still waiting
    Existing? Up the Irons! Maiden!!

#35 5 months ago

Does Tommy count?

#36 5 months ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Beatles is a great game.
    Much better than bond 60, it’s obvious stablemate.

Nah, Both really good. Side by side best.
    Hard to pick 1, maybe it would be MET
    Lyman

#37 5 months ago

i own most of them, honestly they are all great fucking games. id go maiden, metallica, beatles, rush, elvis, ac/dc, data east gnr, kiss, aerosmith, tommy, gnr jjp. haven't played foo fighters or zeppelin enough to rank.

#38 5 months ago

Iron Maiden is in my top 3 favorite bands, and also happens to be one of if not the best pinball machine I've yet played. It's a no brsiner for me. Mine is a a Pro, but I'll never get rid of it.

I enjoy my MET, but IMDN is better.

#39 5 months ago

Own AC/DC and MET Pro but when going on location I jump on Maiden. That is just a beast! Love it!
    I hope to get one soon.

#40 5 months ago

Apparently Maiden wins slightly above MET. Imagine if Elwin made Metallica instead of IM?

#41 5 months ago
    Quoted from Sandman33:

Imagine if Elwin made Metallica instead of IM?

They're both not great themes with amazing could so wouldn't make much diff'rence.

Added 153 days ago:

*with amazing code

#42 5 months ago
    Quoted from Sandman33:

Apparently Maiden wins slightly above MET. Imagine if Elwin made Metallica instead of IM?

It's the code/rules that make Iron Maiden great. Metallica is also pretty great as is, no need to speculate on what it would be if someone else designed it.

#43 5 months ago

My IMDN was a total POS. Broken down more than I was able to play it. It made me quit the enjoyment of fixing up my own games. No mas.

Sold it and never looked back.

AC/DC, Metallica, Aerosmith, Beatles, Queen just better overall.

The best rock pin and it’s not even close is GNR.

It makes IMDN look like a game of kindergarten tiddly winks.

Downvote all you want and buy what you like, don’t care. I love my subjective opinion.

Song choice, light show, layout, band involvement, theme immersion, LCD, sound, artwork and overall JJP finish. Yep. I’ve owned em all.

#44 5 months ago

KISS (stern) was the game that got me hooked. Happy to have a prem in the basement. Also have Foo and Maiden. Alice Cooper needs to be added to the list. Love mine.

IMG_1264 (resized).jpegIMG_1264 (resized).jpegIMG_8818 (resized).jpegIMG_8818 (resized).jpeg
    #45 5 months ago

Guns
    Hands down
    Iron Maiden 2nd
    Metallica 3rd

#46 5 months ago

You forgot Rob Zombie; but it's pretty forgettable. I've owned most of the music pins Maiden has it all. Great loop combos, challenging, decent code, great art, call-outs & the music doesn't start from the beginning when you drain. Great shooter!!

#47 5 months ago

I never get tired of my Ac/Dc.

IMG_3735 (resized).jpegIMG_3735 (resized).jpegIMG_3755 (resized).jpegIMG_3755 (resized).jpegIMG_3757 (resized).jpegIMG_3757 (resized).jpegIMG_3760 (resized).jpegIMG_3760 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3754 (resized).jpegIMG_3754 (resized).jpeg

#48 5 months ago
    Quoted from Sandman33:

Did you want the Beatles to hop into a van and fight aliens that are wearing skull masks?

#49 5 months ago

Shouldn’t a great Rock pin be required to have great music?

The music alone automatically disqualifies Iron Maiden.

Add in the satan and Egyptian cartoons on the LCD. Not gonna work for family situations too.

#50 5 months ago

I didn't realize how many music themed pins I have. Metallica, AC/DC, Iron Maiden and Rush. I have a Tommy but don't really consider that a music pin though. Tommy would definitely be the first to leave.

There are 98 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.