Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by BrianZ
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0295 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0293 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0294 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0292 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20210217-194539_Chrome (resized).jpg
    20201129_102639 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballinreno.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 3 years ago

I have all of the rivet tools, all of them.

Oddly, I actually use all of them depending on the job.

The tonka tool works ok but doesnt really tighten enough for the money. It bends out and isnt stiff enough.
    I end up "finishing up" the rivet to tighten it with the hanson tool in most cases.

There is no "one size fits all" tool. There are just too many variables.

That said, the hanson tool works well in almost all cases, but for big things like ramps, you really need a helper to hold the part while you hammer the rivet on.

I just re-riveted some sling switches to reverse the mounting bracket and 3rd contact leaf.

I used my press to get it assembled but even it wasnt quite tight enough for sling switches but satisfactory.

I ended up hammering them a little tighter with the hanson and a head die in my vice after it was assembled.

So, in the end you might need a couple tools to do a satisfactory job.

Using the hanson tool for something like a funhouse main ramp is quite difficult but can be done with a lot of patience.

The hanson tool is a must have in my book, I use it all the time.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballinreno.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-riveting-setup-for-30?tu=pinballinreno and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.