(Topic ID: 288144)

BEST Restoration Company?

By insertcoin

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Calfdemon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 3 years ago

Another vote for HEP. And he isn't 2 years backlogged either. Usually about 6 months to a year but worth the wait.

Plan to spend some money, but any HEP restored pin sells for a few thousand over normal cost anyway if they are ever sold. People pay to have a HEP in their collection. So at least you could recover a little bit back if you ever decided to let it go down the road.

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

I took the Krull to Pinball Expo, and i also had one of the King Kongs he did. They were nice, but not perfect. Although they were older restorations and his work has only improved since then. But being prototype games, there are not the reproduction parts available like all the common titles he does

That is the problem with some of the super rare games. Chris has said that some things on those games need to be preserved as is and cannot be completely restored just due to the fact that there is no way to replace the item if something goes wrong.. A decal for example. It might be misaligned or bubbled. But if it does not come off perfectly and gets destroyed, it stays destroyed forever because there is no way to replace it. Therefore, with the super rare games, sometimes he needs to weigh the risk and preserve when he would normally restore. Speaking to Krull, Kong, and other super rares he has done.

For more common games, every one I have seen has been pretty near perfect, if not better than new.

Quoted from insertcoin:

That's great to know. So, Chris isn't just a master at restoring the cabinet and hardware, but playfield swaps, electrical issues -everything? Sounds like one-of-a kind!

Just dive into his thread here on Pinside and go through it. You will see how the games come in, his work along the way, and the final product. His restorations are well documented. You will also see some of his home cooked meals, his choice of beers, some workouts, and other parts of his life thrown in as well. Its the best thread on Pinside and one that many of us check first every day.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hep-this-week-9-17-18/page/174

#18 3 years ago
    Quoted from ToucanF16:

Don't expect a game in six months; 18-24 months is a more realistic estimate. Also, there are others that do VERY good restorations. But they may not be as well known as HEP or do it full time. Quality takes time, so don't expect miracles in short order. Also, be prepared to pay; high end restorations are not for the feint of heart (or wallet).

I was baseing the 6-12 months on when he might get to the game, not when its done. And that estimate was on what Chris told me (about 6 months) and where my game is now (14 months and supposedly almost up). Yeah, I guess 18-24 months is probably a better timeframe.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Calfdemon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-restoration-company?tu=Calfdemon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.