Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by poppapin
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

Hey guys,

I am opening an arcade in my home town and will be putting some pins in it. I am a decent arcade repair tech but know very little about pin repair. Are there any resources online maybe YouTube or through DVD to help me learn more about repairing pins?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Stephen Westbrook

#2 3 years ago

www.pinwiki.com

Just doing a "pinball repair" search on Youtube yields a lot of results. You can narrow it down some by using the game title, game era (Williams system 3 to 11 or even WPC for example).

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=pinball+repair

Always can start a new Pinside repair thread on each game you are having issues with.

Each Pinside club thread can give you more specific repairs sometimes.

#3 3 years ago

Can you list the pins you are thinking about putting into the arcade?

#4 3 years ago

Pinside you found. Excellent resource. Rec Games Pinball newsgroup, search the older posts, can be a big help. PinballManiac40 posted good sources.

And the old section on Pinball News has a section http://www.pinballnews.com/learn/index.html filled with good articles on tools and how to do things.

LTG : )

#5 3 years ago

I tried that and didn't go so well...The New games are expensive and for the most part done up in surface mount, so not really serviceable,, The older games were apparently deemed "offensive " with the art and had to be pulled off route, And the EMs didn't pay well, were high maintenance since the only people who played them played them long and hard, almost to the point if abuse. got there quarters worth I supose...Today Jenn still owes money on some of them, and has a dozen or so in her living room.

#6 3 years ago

Vids guides here on pinside are unsurpassed. IMO.

I point everyone exactly here to read them.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guides-collected

#7 3 years ago

pinrepair.com
    Clay is daMan!!

#8 3 years ago

Thank you guys very much. We don’t have a list yet. The only ones we have are Williams Flash and Super Mario. Basically what I’m looking for is a resource to help me in the field. I’m trying to learn basic diagnostic skills for a pin in the field.

#9 3 years ago

Here's a trick with Google that I've found helpful. Say you are having an issue with a game. For example, the flippers on your Addams Family aren't flipping. If you attempt to search for "Addams Family broken flippers" using the Pinside search function, it's hard to find relevant results. But if you search using the following formula in the Google search bar, you'll have much better luck:

site:pinside.com Addams Family broken flippers

That uses Google's powerful data parsing abilities and focuses it on a specific website. So you could also use that on any other website like:

site:pinwiki.com flipper repair

Happy hunting!

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

pinrepair.com
    Clay is daMan!!

Clay's guides are the best. He took down his System 11 and WPC guides, which are awesome. I believe there's still a way to get them by donating to him?

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from kevmad:

Clay's guides are the best. He took down his System 11 and WPC guides, which are awesome. I believe there's still a way to get them by donating to him?

Yeah, pinballninja.com

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-resources-for-beginner-pinball-repair?hl=tomass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.