(Topic ID: 302747)

Best replacement magnetic tape for Pin Stadium lighting?

By Spartan-pin

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by Mrsiyufy
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

What is the best magnetic strip replacement for Pin Stadium lights? I see the site sells replacements, but only need a new magnetic strip for one side that is currently falling down, so trying to avoid spending $20 after shipping when I only need one magnetic strip. Any recommended fixes? I have looked online and reviews are very mixed on how well magnetic tape adheres, so looking for recommendations of a specific one that is strong enough to work. Thanks in advance.

#2 2 years ago

Ask Scott. He will help you. He gets his stuff off the shelf.

#3 2 years ago

When I made my own stadium lighting, I opted for thin Velcro tape. It’s rock solid, yet easy to remove the lights when needed.

#4 2 years ago

Lowes sells magnetic tape

#5 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jjsmooth:

Lowes sells magnetic tape

Thanks, I have seen it at Lowes, Home Depot and Amazon, but just looking for a referral of which one others have used that they feel works best and is strong enough to hold the lights.

#6 2 years ago
    Quoted from Spartan-pin:

Thanks, I have seen it at Lowes, Home Depot and Amazon, but just looking for a referral of which one others have used that they feel works best and is strong enough to hold the lights.

I have purchased this before and it has worked fine. But Scott will know what works best if you ask him.

Roll-N-Cut Flexible Magnetic Tape... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005HYDC68

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I have purchased this before and it has worked fine. But Scott will know what works best if you ask him.
    Roll-N-Cut Flexible Magnetic Tape... amazon.com link »

Thanks, that is what I was looking for. Somewhat new to the pinball world with just buying my first pin last year (which was Metallica). Who is Scott?

#8 2 years ago
    Quoted from Spartan-pin:

Thanks, that is what I was looking for. Somewhat new to the pinball world with just buying my first pin last year (which was Metallica). Who is Scott?

Sorry. He owns Pinstadium. Very helpful.

#9 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Sorry. He owns Pinstadium. Very helpful.

Thank you

1 year later
    #10 1 year ago

Spartan-pin, what was Scott's answer then?

1 month later
    #11 1 year ago

Bump

3 months later
    #12 11 months ago

Can the magnetic tape be removed from a game that has art blades without ruining them ?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-replacement-magnetic-tape-for-pin-stadium-lighting?hl=justjared and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.