Best replacement for Grand Prix (Williams EM) drop targets?

(Topic ID: 212553)

Best replacement for Grand Prix (Williams EM) drop targets?

By Richthofen

8 months ago

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by spinout
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSCN1528 (resized).JPG

#1 8 months ago

Just picked up a Grand Prix and the bottom two drops are cracked. I assume these are unobtanium because quick searches on the major vendors are coming up empty.

#2 8 months ago

bump!

#3 8 months ago

The first Grand Prix I owned had a broken target and I could not find a replacement. Good luck!

#4 8 months ago

saw about 100 of them this weekend at pinball expo. pinball inc. has a bunch of them.

#5 7 months ago

I posted a "wanted" ad on pinside for one in the last month or so. Someone did reply and sold me the whole assembly (and he even mentioned how he kept coming across broken ones))... and I was super grateful!... but it wasn't the cheapest thing. I am almost afraid to install it (the original waited 40+ years for me to show up and break it!) There seems to be a lot of Grand Prix owners with the same broken drop target - it is that angle and the speed of the ball at that close range I suppose.

If there was ever a candidate part for a vendor to make an aftermarket version, this is it. Hell, they made over 10,000 Grand Prix units. I have a Spin Out that I can buy new plastics for and they made less than 3,000 units. I feel like there is someone with a 3d printer somewhere than can help us. Makes me wish I had a few backups

#6 7 months ago

I find it hard to imagine a 3d printed part surviving for any length of time in this location.

#7 7 months ago

ahh - sad but probably true. I can tell you I tried super glue, gorilla glue and even plast-aid with no success. Most didn't last even 2 games. arrghh.

#8 7 months ago
Quoted from spinout:

ahh - sad but probably true. I can tell you I tried super glue, gorilla glue and even plast-aid with no success. Most didn't last even 2 games. arrghh.

A guy out here used to make drop targets for his BK 2000 out of milled blocks of solid aluminum, powder coated. They looked pretty nice and doubt they'll ever break. Expensive though

#9 7 months ago

I used these from PBR but sadly they are out of stock, it appears: BLY-C947-1

I had to trim them slightly on both sides, and added a decal for a little spice, but they worked out well. Maybe some other vendor will have them.

DSCN1528 (resized).JPG

#10 7 months ago
Quoted from zacaj:

A guy out here used to make drop targets for his BK 2000 out of milled blocks of solid aluminum, powder coated. They looked pretty nice and doubt they'll ever break. Expensive though

Wow - that would be sweet! expensive I could live with if they are solid aluminum - agreed, probably never break.

#11 7 months ago
Quoted from Toyguy:

I used these from PBR but sadly they are out of stock, it appears: BLY-C947-1
I had to trim them slightly on both sides, and added a decal for a little spice, but they worked out well. Maybe some other vendor will have them.

Wow - thanks. That looks really nice! Kudos. I emailed them direct to see if they may come back in stock. I have a replacement now... from another Grand Prix or maybe a Liberty Bell. However, I fear putting it in as I may just break it again. I told myself I wouldn't install it until I solved all the other issues with the machine... which I think are all resolved now. I may just install it over the weekend and pray.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Medford, NJ
$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 99.00
Hardware
Pappy's Pinball Palace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 449.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 14.95
$ 19.95
$ 24.95
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 219.99
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 11.95
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 179.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 999.00
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside