• Latest reply 2 years ago by bontango
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

a0390b10a4f7f587e46392a51da237857af7867a (resized).jpg
#1 2 years ago

Hello, I'm looking to replace all of the displays on my EBD. What is the best brand to use? I see there's XPin, Pinitech, Pinscore and Rottendog. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

#2 2 years ago

I put Pinitech Uno displays in my Xenon and I think they do a terrific job of keeping the look of the originals. The only drawback is that, as a kit, they really do require a steady soldering hand.

#3 2 years ago

I also have used the Pinitech Unos and they look great. I got the white ones so I could experiment with the different filters (colors). Assembly was pretty easy as long as you are decent with a soldering iron.

#4 2 years ago

I personally love the pinitech unos but the original displays are super easy to repair. As long is the display glows and doesn't have any burn spots it is repairable.

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

I personally love the pinitech unos but the original displays are super easy to repair. As long is the display glows and doesn't have any burn spots it is repairable.

I go either way but if you are starting with nothing, Pinitech Uno is the way to go.

a0390b10a4f7f587e46392a51da237857af7867a (resized).jpga0390b10a4f7f587e46392a51da237857af7867a (resized).jpg
#6 2 years ago

If you're comfortable with soldering and assembly, I always go with Wolffpac Tech. The LED displays are bright and they're the correct "font and slope" of the originals. Plus you can get them in several colors. Did I also mention they're cheaper than everybody else.

They are sold as kits.

#7 2 years ago

I can second the Wolffpac kits, I have used them several times and I think they look great in that era of Bally SS.

#8 2 years ago

not that it's needed but i also recommend Wolffpac.

no surface mount crap, his displays are like the original, through hole components and great quality.

https://www.wolffpactech.com/

David Wolff also offers assembly of the displays if you're not up to it.

#9 2 years ago

You mention EBD but no reference to a game. Sorry I can't help you because I am too lazy to look up EBD. Sounds like some sort of pill is needed. Anyway, I have built Wolffpacs and if they can help you with your EBD as Im sure you'd be very happy, as I was.

#10 2 years ago

I have Wolfpac and love them, got the kits.

#11 2 years ago

Personally, I prefer the XPins. I built 1 of the wolfpac's up and it was easy enough to do, but it just didn't look right, probably because it was the only one next to 4 glass. Didn't care for the 45 minutes to assemble. Looked like hell when I got done with it, but it worked. If I am going to spend money on boards, I would rather have them come put together.

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from prenfrow01:

I see there's XPin, Pinitech, Pinscore and Rottendog. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Obviously I'm from XPin and think they are the best, but it's totally understandable that some people prefer to build their own and save a few bucks. Just so you know, I have no experience with Pinitech or Wolfpac. Pinscore was designed by Brett of XPin, who continues to improve and update XPin product. XPin also has displays in all colors. Rottendog's I've sold for years and only near the end figured out their display LEDs where too large, and caused, especially in Stern Credit/Match windows, them to be too big and you couldn't read properly. I can also tell you that people praise the XPin foam surrounds and vinyls over the Rottendog type (no foam, odd fitting vinyl).

#13 2 years ago

I have had pin score displays in my High Speed for years and they have held up wonderfully. I have noticed the improvements and passion that Bret has put into X pin displays. I've also personally seen the inventory of X pin products that Big Daddy has in stock, and the quality control being utilized, and am suitably impressed with every aspect of the operation. I would highly recommend X pin products.

#14 2 years ago

I've used XPin displays in a few of my machines, along with some of their power supplies, and the guys over there are great to work with & the products even better.

#15 2 years ago

You may also consider my free 'do it yourself' version
https://lisy.dev/bally-7digit.html

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 179.00
$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Forest City, PA
$ 90.00
$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-replacement-displays?hl=rockwell and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.