Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

upgrade (resized).jpg
55152605-30ED-4ED5-82C1-8463F822618F (resized).jpeg
F-179_Maglite_kit_01d_c02.jpg
1a016ae9e487f3c05fd8db1e038a7041.jpg
b91b707bde8dc25b601e6c31a9dc93e19ff69824 (resized).jpg
IMG_4286 (resized).JPG
There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 3 years ago

I have the fluke 117, flawless, led light on the screen is a nice feature. I had a cheap $20 inova from home depot that lasted me quite a while and did a good job, but I decided to make the investment and get a real nice one that I hope will last my liftetime.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000O3LUEI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

#52 3 years ago

Turns out, the Fluke 101 on Amazon for $40 is a discontinued item. Only available from third party non-USA sellers. Boo.

#53 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I have the fluke 117, flawless, led light on the screen is a nice feature. I had a cheap $20 inova from home depot that lasted me quite a while and did a good job, but I decided to make the investment and get a real nice one that I hope will last my liftetime.
amazon.com link »

Same here on the Fluke 117. Picked one up off eBay a while back for around $100 in like new condition. It's awesome and a pinball tool that gets used a LOT when I'm working on project machines. Right up there with my Hakko 808 and molex pin crimping tool for re-doing headers and connectors on boards. You can't skimp on quality tools when they are tools you use often. It's a waste of time and high blood pressure. Buy used if you have to, but buy quality!

#54 3 years ago

Decided to get the discontinued Fluke 101 pocket multimeter from a third party vendor in Korea for $50 & free shipping.

As long as it’s not a fake, it should be totally suited to pinball work.

I thought it was coming from NY, because that’s the “item location” shown on eBay, but it turns out it is a foreign seller. Hopefully it’s not a ripoff. The seller has good ratings.

#55 3 years ago

So they lied on the listing. It specifically says "Item Location: New York, NY". They do this so that people who select the 'items listed in US or North America Only' filters will still see this product from Korea. That's a violation of ebay rules.

#56 3 years ago

Yup. It was late at night and I wasn’t as diligent as I should have been.

#57 3 years ago

The bitch is, I spent $10 more than the other sellers wanted, because I thought it was in NY

#58 3 years ago

Just my $0.02 but if you can afford a pinball machine, you should easily be able to spend a couple hundred bucks on a Fluke meter that will likely last you a lifetime.

#59 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

Just my $0.02 but if you can afford a pinball machine, you should easily be able to spend a couple hundred bucks on a Fluke meter that will likely last you a lifetime.

Looking at your posted collection, going by Pinside estimated values, you have $52,000 in eight recent, top notch machines.

I have a 40 year old machine that I paid $1,200 for.

Judging from your collection, your next machine will probably be in the $6,500 price range. For my next machine, I'm hoping to find a project for $300 that I can fix up.

I appreciate your input, days after I'd posted that I'd already bought a multimeter. Bless your heart.

#60 3 years ago

Fluke or nothing
I own a few I love my 87iii
fast response great RMS
High low capture
I've broken mine and mailed it in 10 years later for repairs and Fluke has not charged for repairs.

Also have a 233 Fluke with remote display for chasing electrical issues in my job.

#61 3 years ago
Quoted from undrdog:

I appreciate your input, days after I'd posted that I'd already bought a multimeter. Bless your heart.

Well aren't you special; my post was directed at you as much as this is your thread. It's general information for others like yourself looking for information to help themselves to repair their own machines...nothing more

Quoted from undrdog:

Bless your heart.

I've also been around enough to know that in your context this is a polite way of saying "Kiss my ass."

#62 3 years ago

I got my DMM at Radio Sha-... Oh, nevermind.

#63 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

if you can afford a pinball machine, you should easily be able to spend a couple hundred bucks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Norwalk, OH
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 180.00
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 79.50
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Martin, CA
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-recommended-digital-multimeter/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.