Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 151 posts
  • 98 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by Betelgeuse
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Peter-North-Power-Pills- (resized).jpg
    Pinside_forum_4566854_1362745 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1493 (resized).JPG
    Cleo (resized).jpg
    ssr3 (resized).jpg
    ssr2 (resized).jpg
    ssr1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0775 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0786 (resized).JPG
    image-7 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0716 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0670 (resized).JPG
    Rare (resized).png
    IMG_7077[1] (resized).JPG
    IMG_0715 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0701 (resized).JPG
    There are 151 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #1 2 years ago

I’ve noticed rare games sell for more than others. Lots of these games are not necessarily good. I wanted to know what people think is the best rare game ever that had less than 1000 total produced. Please let’s not count LE versions of games that were mass produced.

#2 2 years ago

1000 is rare?

#4 2 years ago

Could be though… really depends how many survived until today.

#5 2 years ago

Cyclopes

#6 2 years ago

Pirates of the Caribbean JJP is the correct answer. It rivals all time great games.

#7 2 years ago

KISS pro

#8 2 years ago

Mystery Castle

#9 2 years ago

Cosmic Gunfight

#14 2 years ago

Thunderbirds

Oh wait, you said best. Never mind

#15 2 years ago

Yep.

Big Bang bar is good.

#16 2 years ago

I think the 1000 production number is too high. Maybe adjust it down to 50 or 100 units to better represent"rare".

#17 2 years ago

Safe Cracker at around 1100 produced

#19 2 years ago

Krull is actually rare with less than 10 in existence, and it's pretty damn cool. Haven't played it personally, but it looks fun for an early SS.

#20 2 years ago

Best as in “should have made more and circumstances forced a company to not make enough”….

Man Defender is really good to me. There are a lot of cool games made in other countries that are very rare but I don’t know if they are the best. Spooky is fantastic and it’s rare. Is it better than Defender? Maybe…. Cyclopes is really good too…. I would not trade my Defender for a Cyclopes or a Spooky. They are all a lot of fun to play. This is all subjective of course. Never played Krull or Lock Ness but they both look fantastic.
    Spectrum is a bore, TNA is not that great… neither is Safecracker- too unconventional. Mystery Castle… I don’t think so.

#21 2 years ago
    Quoted from OldSchoolBlood:

Pirates of the Caribbean JJP is the correct answer. It rivals all time great games.

These are all opinions. I have played it and do not care for it. It’s not the worst game for sure….but not the best…..great theme, loaded like JJP games are. It’s good but not 20-30K good.

#22 2 years ago

Kiss is a good game but not rare.

#23 2 years ago

Warlok

#24 2 years ago

I really like Time Fantasy but for a "rare" game at 608 produced I sure have seen a lot of them around.

#26 2 years ago

Ive yet to play it, but I have heard PUNK is a good game that's rare.

#28 2 years ago

I had a BMX; Hardbody is the better of the two. Spirit is good.

#29 2 years ago

Spectrum is pretty shitty.

Defender is badass.

#30 2 years ago

I really like my Asteroid Annie. ...it gets a lot of my play.

#31 2 years ago

How many Mustang Premium/LEs were made? I think, maybe, 700?

If considering less than 1,000… that’s a solid entry!

#32 2 years ago

Thunderball

#34 2 years ago

The Pinball Circus. Bally 1994.
    r/
    Mike

#35 2 years ago
    Quoted from mikepmcs:

The Pinball Circus. Bally 1994.
    r/
    Mike

Where's the remake on that, I thought a company was on remanufacturing that title?

#36 2 years ago

Evel Knievel EM
    King Kong
    Krull

#37 2 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

Krull is actually rare with less than 10 in existence, and it's pretty damn cool. Haven't played it personally, but it looks fun for an early SS.

It is damn cool, my friend used to have one. I'll throw in spirit as well, Gottlieb should have made more of both

#38 2 years ago

Global Warfare

LTG : )

#39 2 years ago

DragonFist

#40 2 years ago

Best rare game ever?! Haven’t played to many “rare” games but I just got my friends Joust (he found randomly years and years ago) fixed up and he’s letting me borrow it for a few months.

31AFBC09-7C7C-4122-A422-D92D2FE92684 (resized).jpeg31AFBC09-7C7C-4122-A422-D92D2FE92684 (resized).jpeg72A11963-3E5E-4DBE-AD87-4906CE7FE5EB (resized).jpeg72A11963-3E5E-4DBE-AD87-4906CE7FE5EB (resized).jpeg
    #41 2 years ago

Are there less than 1000 P3 systems out there? I would guess so. There are probably less than 1000 Bride of Pinbot 2.0s too.

JJP PotC 1000 units
    Caribbean Cruise 337 units (cocktail pin)
    The Big Lebowski
    Alien
    Cactus Canyon 903 units (for now)
    Rob Zombie is fun.
    Transporter the Rescue is certainly striking. 859 units
    Godzilla Sega. Only 510 units (!).

I've played Kingpin and Big Bang Bar. Not enough to really form an opinion though.
    Other candidates not yet mentioned:
    Dominos
    Punchy the Clown (I have a soft spot for this game)
    Andromeda
    Night Moves
    NBA Stern (I'm sure this game has its fans)
    Full Throttle (probably less than 1000)
    Lost in Space 600 units
    Super Mario Bros Mushroom World

#42 2 years ago
    Quoted from oldbaby:

Punchy the Clown (I have a soft spot for this game)

You sir are a man of good taste.

#43 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

You sir are a man of good taste.

How many games are there where the playfield is mostly one giant face? It's awesome!

#45 2 years ago

Empire Strikes Back

#46 2 years ago

Pink Panther, I love the cartoon and never played or seen the pin

#47 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Pink Panther, I love the cartoon and never played or seen the pin

Just a so-so game. Not really rare (2,840 made). Early Gottlieb multi-ball game.

#48 2 years ago
    Quoted from oldbaby:

How many games are there where the playfield is mostly one giant face? It's awesome!

True, but Bally's Black Pyramid beats Punchy for having a booger dangling out of the nose. Not rare, but awesome in the playfield = face department.

Now on topic: I have high hopes my Gottlieb Striker will be an awesome rare game. Under 1000 built, almost never seen nowadays. Mine doesn't work yet, but the playfield layout and what I hear about ruleset and gameplay are quite promising.

#49 2 years ago

Andromeda
    Stellar art and gameplay!

#50 2 years ago

A friend of mine just had a virtual pinball made with all the bells and whistles. Have been enjoying playing King Kong and Kingpin-fun games.

Took me years to find an HUO NBA. Really fun rare game-glad I picked it up and did not give up the hunt

There are 151 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-rare-game-ever/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.