(Topic ID: 198920)

Best pricing structure for a new pinball museum ?

By pookycade

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 60 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Pfunk237
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images (resized).jpg
    IMG_6116 (resized).JPG
    There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 6 years ago

I would think stablishing it as a museum would be for some type of tax exemption.

#52 6 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

As far as drinks & stuff do a lounge area with seating - no drinks in playing area just in the lounge.

Great, now you've created more work for the staff to police it.

They don't call it a "bar seal" for shits and giggles you know. Lots of bars here just put pingulps on the games and it works fantastic.

#53 6 years ago
    Quoted from vaevictis:

I was in Charlottesville this past May for my SIL's graduation and had a bit of time to kill, so I went to a few of the venues listed on the pin map. I was a bit disappointed at the three venues I stopped by Firefly, the place across the street from Firefly (Holly's?), and Kohr Brothers. Judging from the number of games visible in the photo, you would easily be doubling the number of pins in C-ville and have nearly triple the number of pins as the next largest venue. Firefly had the most pins (four), but they were in the worst condition. Holly's had a Roller Games (that I was looking forward to playing) listed on the pin map, but it was gone/moved at the time of my visit. Kohr's (ice cream shop) had two nice pins in smaller venue that I felt weird hanging out and playing. I think you would be doing a great service in opening up a venue locally and would say consider scaling back, so as not to need a larger space, save some rent money, and be able to rotate titles. In my opinion if you're going to be offering food and drinks make it a flat rate-otherwise coin drop. I would also say, depending on the final location-consider the lunch crowd!

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I'm excited about expanding the pin possibilities here too. And yes, scaling back with rotating titles might be the way to go for now.

#54 6 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

Great, now you've created more work for the staff to police it.
    They don't call it a "bar seal" for shits and giggles you know. Lots of bars here just put pingulps on the games and it works fantastic.

I'm gonna buy a bunch of these. Didn't know about them before you mentioned them. Thanks

#55 6 years ago

Place here in town let's you in free.
    Most arcades .25, most drivers $1.00, pins are .50 or $1.00 per game depending on machine.

But... drinks are $9.00 each. $20 for two drinks is just to steep. Hell you can buy a whole fifth for $9.00. If their liquor drinks were $6.50 or so we would stay much longer.

#56 6 years ago

Check out the "Fargo Pinball" business model, it's a club where the members get a card to get in and games are regular price. No employees to worry about and they have change machines or pay app with your phone. Wish I had a place like this near me.

http://www.fargopinball.com/

#57 6 years ago

Sell vodka redbulls. It will keep people there longer.

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg

#58 6 years ago
    Quoted from Boondocker:

Check out the "Fargo Pinball" business model, it's a club where the members get a card to get in and games are regular price. No employees to worry about and they have change machines or pay app with your phone. Wish I had a place like this near me.
    http://www.fargopinball.com/

Thank you for the link. The biggest issue I see with a membership model is that my town just isn't very big. This would work better in a larger city like Richmond. Here we have at most 20 people show up for league nights. But no reason one couldn't put a card reader on the door to have members use the place in addition to a flat at the door fee. Some would definitely pay for the privilege of a room full of pins with noone else around.

#59 6 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

Some would definitely pay for the privilege of a room full of pins with noone else around.

If you have Peter Noone there, then most definitely.

#60 6 years ago

well by charging a flat rate dor all day free play, you avoid paying vending tax 6% or more. so if you charge a museum "admission" you avoid that.. plus sorting quarters sucks.

$15 a day. $7 for 1 hour

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-pricing-structure-for-a-new-pinball-museum/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.