Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 177 posts
  • 69 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by King_Jelly
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Products (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chooch.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#29 4 years ago

People are crazy if they think everyone is paying the same price for NIB. That wound be like me expecting to get the same pricing as Greg off Zach.

1 week later
    #147 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Not sure if they are Required but I see them as valuable and appreciated by me. A Few (not all) of the services the distributors I use include:
    Notifying me of new title releases so I don’t have to read Pinside 24/7
    Contacting me when there are software updates available.
    Assistant with delivery often even setup just because they appreciate my business..
    Notification of recall type issues or machine updates
    Priority repeat business for new release waiting list contact.
    Assistance with consignment flips of games that need a new home.
    Assistance with product issues and replacements warranty or other.
    Continuous feedback and status on new purchases.
    Honest feedback on game value and playability.
    Most often discounted from OEM pricing without pan handling dozens of dealers. Honest best price, done without asking.
    LE or CE type unit number special requests. (OCD thing lol)
    Minor feedback (speculation) on potential future titles.
    Trade show special events
    Trade show test drive of the new titles to assist in a major buying decision.
    Assistance in hunting for out of production titles or wish list toys.
    Contact on show special pricing events.
    A shoulder (friend) to cry on for issues or bad pinball decisions.
    I am sure I could come up with Dozens more value added services these distributors provide or I bug them with but I can say with confidence if you find the Right distributor (not all are created equal) you might be surprised at how hard they work in appreciation of your business!

Many of those services are because you purchased so many NIB machines in the past. I'm sure you are buddies with them as well because I am willing to bet if I purchased my next game off them I wouldn't get all those benefits. I have purchased a few NIB machines from a variety of distributors so can speak from experience. Just the way the world operates and it's fine. I only shop at one jewelry store now because I have spent a lot of money there over the years and they give me a nice discount on anything I buy.

#153 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Your possibly right but as you noted you shop from a “variety” of distributors so like most things in sales it’s an Earned appreciation for doing business. Not sure Anything on my list was all that special and at least for the distributors I mentioned using I am certain the would treat you the same for 1 purchase or 10. #KingPinGames doesn’t give back rubs until you qualify 8 purchases though. JK!

Some of the variety was not intentional. For example I couldn't buy Sterns off Jack once he started JJP. And I did have a single distributor for a while and purchased number of games off them however left due to the fact I didn't get any earned appreciation for my past business.

Quoted from Yelobird:

I'm a bit curious... Of the 98% Best Buy products What do you buy direct?? I honestly can't think of one unless Sony or Samsung have some back door I haven't seen?

Because of the industry I work in I am able to purchase many appliances directly from the manufacturer. Most just limit the number of items you can purchase per year. However I have found sometimes I can get better deals at the big box stores when they are having a good sale versus buying direct.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chooch.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-pricing-on-nib-stern?tu=chooch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.