Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 177 posts
  • 69 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by King_Jelly
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Products (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheLaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 4 years ago

Bad PF replacement would be just aboot the only thing I'd really need in "customer service" I can think of; but everyone is diff'rent.

I have my friends say "I won't use those fucks at Verizon becasue their costumer service is terrible!" Think I've had to call them like once in 10 years so it doesn't really affect me. Maybe I'm just lucky.

1 week later
    #112 4 years ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Retailers keep prices lower and can provide services manufacturers can't.

What services are required exactly?

#116 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Not sure if they are Required but I see them as valuable and appreciated by me. A Few (not all) of the services the distributors I use include:

Wow.

OK cool.

#133 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

So what your saying in relation to pinball is if I call Jack or Gary Stern I will get a better price or support then going through a distributor? Not sure I ever paid list for Any machine but you think they are hagglers?

No. I think what he is saying he would rather not have distros, so he can get a better price right through the company.
    I would prefer that option as well, becasue I do not value Distros as much as you do, becasue I don't need to talk to them at night, I just need them to sell me a machine

EDIT: Sorry I was slow, PC froze

#138 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

All I can say is I disagree and I can with 100% confidence like Apple with or without a distributor you will Not see a lower price.

Quoted from Yelobird:

Sorry I think that’s why I’m so confused by your position. Apple Is the Direct OEM, Best Buy (IE one of their Distributors) will always be cheaper as you pointed out...

The question is actually very simple, the answer is the hard part; what would the price be if there were no distros?

We all know distros have a lower price for games (economics!), so if they didn't exist why would wouldn't the games be cheaper through them AKA cutting out the middle man.

Again, there are tons of factors in this equation, but acting like you can't understand it at all is mind boggling.

#144 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

So you don’t feel there would be Heavy costs incurred by the OEM (Stern if you will) to handle this direct business model? Those Thousands of machines out there don’t sell, support, or service themselves?

Do you think their service/support would Improve with this new undertaking in saving you the same 3-400$ you would have gotten from a distributor anyway? Just my view but having a worldwide distributor market of sales and service people could never be successfully captured by a boutique toy builder.

I don't know, which is why i said there are many factors and the answer isn't easy, and I am appreciating all your input.
    I'm just one person, and I've never needed a distro for any reason. You are one person, and have used them every time for multiple things, even setting up your games which may be a bit of a dick move at this point

I'm sort of on the pro side where the people I know & myself don't need a distro but I know there's a large segment of people that do need that help. Now, help setting up a game could be watching a video on youtube, the same way my elliptical trainer came to me...so possible streamlining of many processes would be needed.

I don't know aboot service becasue I don't need service, when I do I call Stern and the send me a new part. I see what you're saying if the distros are out there on the road all the time fixing problems.
    So how does JJP do it then? Or can they just because their volume is lower?

#149 4 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

maybe there should be a lower price for us and then if joe schmo and family want a game they pay more and get the distro 1st class treatment.

That's what retail sales are for! Add on a "Service contract" fee
    That's kind of already baked in because I'm sure as shit not paying the prices you hear newbs paying, obviously.

#151 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

And as for the game setup, it was volunteered as a friend not a request. Sometimes people do kind things just because they are kind or appreciate your business not as a chore.

Sounds like some distro has a lot of free time

#171 4 years ago

Straight cash homie

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheLaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-pricing-on-nib-stern?tu=TheLaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.