Topic Stats

• 48 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Pinballmike217
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I'm thinking about saving up for an AC/DC Pro. I'm wondering if there is a site on the internet that has the best price for these, or if I should find a local distributor that can give me the best price?
Thanks

#2 6 years ago

Local will likely charge tax which would be costly. I'd call or PM JJ at The Game Exchange of Colorado (pinsider Gexchange). I've also heard good things about Trent at Tilt Amusements having good deals. Don't overpay some distributors want to take you for all your worth do some research and it could save you $300-$500.

#3 6 years ago

Game Room Guys. Shipped to your door for $4795.00.

#4 6 years ago

Curly at little shop of games!

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

Game Room Guys. Shipped to your door for $4795.00.

To high

#6 6 years ago

What's a good price for a used acdc pro and what's a good price on nib? $4500?

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from oropuro:

What's a good price for a used acdc pro and what's a good price on nib? $4500?

PM Gexchange with your email to find out. Quotes can not be put in threads by distributors but can be done by email.

#8 6 years ago

Trent or Troy sell a lot of games to a few guys I know.

Get a quote from them too.

I think Benepins or something like that is a Distro too as well as the previously mentioned GEX, FF & GAP right?

#9 6 years ago

Pm me your email and ill get u a great price

#10 6 years ago

I have one new in the box here at the Lousiville KY show for 4300 come play the sample with Hemi's mods and have the fun of opening up your brande new ACDC Pro.

#11 6 years ago

I would try Game Exchange, Tilt Amusements, Coin-takers, and Automated Services. Shop all of them and get your best price. Also- I just talked my buddy out of buying a pro AC/DC and getting a premium. I know it is a lot more money-but if you can swing it-the lower playfield, etc. is really worth it-You may have time to save up more with them running currently. Good Luck!

#12 6 years ago

If you pick it up, add state tax. If it's shipped, add freight costs.

Either way, you'll end up paying close to $5K.

#13 6 years ago

I just bought ACDC Pro from pinballmike217 at lanesandgamesarcade.com. Great communication, great price. Shop around and go with the best price and reputation.

#14 6 years ago

GAMEROOM GUYS. A+++

$4795 to my door.
Had a few small problems after a few weeks and Gameroom guys corrected problem Immediately.

#15 6 years ago

Go with JJ at Game Exchange. Great price and service.

#16 6 years ago

Ahhh - Trent Augustine at Tilt (http://www.tiltamusements.com). Trust me on this, there's a reason he's the #1 distributor in the US! Maybe you can afford a premium from Trent...

#17 6 years ago

Everyone mentioned is good. I would expect you will find pricing to be under 4500 shippedto your door

#18 6 years ago

Don't forget Mike at Flipper Fidelity. He is typically on par or cheaper then everyone mentioned in this thread.

#19 6 years ago

Mike at Great American Pinball (GAP here) has provided excellent prices and Service!

#20 6 years ago

How do you figure this is too high? You have it listed on your website for $5295.00 and that is too high... sorry

#21 6 years ago

4200 shipped

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

How do you figure this is too high? You have it listed on your website for $5295.00 and that is too high... sorry

Website can't be posted below map pricing.. You guys get WAY better pricing then my website.

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

PM me your email and I will show you what you should really be paying.. as I said its to high.

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Don't forget Mike at Flipper Fidelity. He is typically on par or cheaper then everyone mentioned in this thread.

...and a great guy to deal with!

#25 6 years ago

I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger on an AC/DC Premium from Trent at Tilt Amusements. I saw that Pinballlife.com refers customers interested in new machines to Trent as it's his number they list on their site. Pinballlife also mentions buyers of new machines getting a $200 Pinballlife.com gift certificate.

Has anyone received the $200 PL gift certificate going through Trent?

Thank you

#27 6 years ago

MAP policies are a pain in the butt. We are getting killed on it now in the motorcycle business. It really is a joke.

Quoted from Gexchange:

Website can't be posted below map pricing.. You guys get WAY better pricing then my website.

Quoted from yuriijos:

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

yep, get most of my new stuff Michael Pupo...He is great!!

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from perryd:

yep, get most of my new stuff Michael Pupo...He is great!!

Just ordered from Michael a few weeks back. Give him a call. He is a great guy to chat with! Also, his price shipped to me was cheaper than The pick up price of distributors closer by.

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from Reefkpr:

GAMEROOM GUYS. A+++
$4795 to my door.
Had a few small problems after a few weeks and Gameroom guys corrected problem Immediately.

That's great to hear. Just ordered a premium from them. One of the selling points to me is they'll bring the thing into your home and even set it up. Not that I need the setup, but not having to pick up a machine and deal with hauling it inside and up/down stairs is worth some money alone.

#31 6 years ago

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

Whoever you go with, make sure you get a committed timeframe for delivery. I have been in contact with a distributor named in this list and, while most certainly congenial to speak with, the lack of timeframe definitely swayed my decision to go with another seller.

I hope it is not the one I just sent my check to...

#33 6 years ago

I hope it is not the one I sent my check to 2 months ago!

#34 6 years ago

I have bought 3 machines off the Gameroom guy's and I have been very happy! I also have bought from cointaker and was very happy with them. I bought 2 games from a dealer in Arlington/Ft.Worth area. Can't remember the company, but I wouldn't buy from them again even if I could remember their name.

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

Whoever you go with, make sure you get a committed timeframe for delivery. I have been in contact with a distributor named in this list and, while most certainly congenial to speak with, the lack of timeframe definitely swayed my decision to go with another seller. I had one particular title on order and watched as several posters on here received the exact same title from other distriutors over and over again, while I was told "a few more weeks...". Thereafter, I attempted to purchase another recently sought after title and was told "maybe April...if they don't sell out.". Well, that's one hell of a commitment from a distributor.
Bottmline: if a distributor wants you to commit several thousand dollars they should be able to commit to a definite delivery timeframe. Further, when stern has been confirmed to have started shipping, you deserve a better answer than "a few more weeks yet....". I don't mean an exact day, but at least a range within reason. If they can't, pull out and move on.

Its always hard to commit to a time frame because most of the time is out of our control. I'm sure this is what you were experiencing from whom ever you were talking to. Stern has all the control and can and has changed production schedule quite commonly.

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Its always hard to commit to a time frame because most of the time is out of our control. I'm sure this is what you were experiencing from whom ever you were talking to. Stern has all the control and can and has changed production schedule quite commonly.

I guess my biggest point of contention is not so much the lack of a timeframe in general

How exactly does Stern decide who gets what? Is there a certain number alotted for each distributor or does the distributor elect to take so many ahead of time?

#37 6 years ago

I had a friend recently told he could go pick up a NIB Stern from the factory that week, but then was told never mind it will be another month wait after he didn't respond in a 12 hour timeframe. So even NIB purchases can be all about timing.

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger on an AC/DC Premium from Trent at Tilt Amusements. I saw that Pinballlife.com refers customers interested in new machines to Trent as it's his number they list on their site. Pinballlife also mentions buyers of new machines getting a $200 Pinballlife.com gift certificate.
Thank you

I did when I bought a NIB IM back in 2011. I told Trent I wanted to put it toward a shaker motor and he shipped it out when I paid for the game.

#39 6 years ago

Benepinballs - he just listed a NIB ac/dc pro at a great price and you can figure NAVL on top of that. Probably beats everyone else.

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Thank you

I am buying my ACDC through Trent and asked him about the $200 PBL gift certificate. He told me you get that if you pay the price listed on PBL's website. If you pay the distributor price ( competitive with all the other distributors mentioned here) you don't get the gift certificate.

If someone has had a different experience with Trent, please tell us.

#41 6 years ago

I'd love to know the prices for a new Tron too as well (sorry don't mean to deviate from ACDC). I was going to post a new thread but didn't want to. I guess I'll do some research when I'm out of work to see what I can come up with.

#42 6 years ago

So has anybody received the $200 PBL gift certificate?

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

I guess my biggest point of contention is not so much the lack of a timeframe in general, but the complete lack of a timeframe at all. It is frustrating to be given vague brush offs on a delivery date when can you get on here and clearly see everyone else receiving their machines on a daily basis. I place no blame on the distributors for delays caused by Stern jockeying the production schedule. It is unclear to me, however, how deliveries can be happening multiple times a day and yet be told "a few more weeks yet...".
How exactly does Stern decide who gets what? Is there a certain number alotted for each distributor or does the distributor elect to take so many ahead of time?
If the distributor knows how many they are receiving, they should be up front about it and let you know if you are in the next production run. If Stern delays it, so be it. What I can't understand is being told that you will get a machine "unless they sell out." The distributor should be up front and say "look, I already sold my alottment so check elsewhere." It is infuritating to be lead on while witnessing multiple other folks on here receive their machines.
I don't beleive it is too much to ask to be able to call a distributor and get a straight answer on whether or not the distributor has any available or on order and when they are scheduled to receive them. I also believe, however, that it is wrong for a distributor to take more orders than they have allotment for and not be up front with the customer.

Most of the time, us distributors don't know an exact date nor Does stern untill a few days before.. Production #'s go up and down all the time because they are made by hand.. If the line is running slow one day it might be fast the next day. They also may have a hang up if a supplier doesn't get them a part in time it causes the line to come to a halt while they wait. I don't know to many manufactures who give you an exact date.. You buy a special order new car they tell you it will be 4-6 weeks.. or 3-4 months.. but not your call will be ready for pick up April 2nd 2013.

#44 6 years ago

I agree with jj. my new ford fusion (company car) was ordered June 30th; it left Mexico late October. it still isn't here. there are a number if recalls but the most baffling part of my ordeal is ford uses last in first out. yup. not a typo. my fusion which was one of the first to be shipped is held up at the final "clearing" lot while other cars arrive and leave before mine. it's been almost 5 months since it shipped the manufacturing plant. worst of all ford NEVER contacted me. our leasing company is the one who "discovered" this. so you think stern leaves people in the dark?

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from edwinpblue:

I agree with jj. my new ford fusion (company car) was ordered June 30th; it left Mexico late October. it still isn't here. there are a number if recalls but the most baffling part of my ordeal is ford uses last in first out. yup. not a typo. my fusion which was one of the first to be shipped is held up at the final "clearing" lot while other cars arrive and leave before mine. it's been almost 5 months since it shipped the manufacturing plant. worst of all ford NEVER contacted me. our leasing company is the one who "discovered" this. so you think stern leaves people in the dark?

It's not that Sterns information is bad, it's that people rely on the internet for information. Anyone can call Stern directly, or ask a dealer for information but they don't. They post here and ask the forum "what they heard". Since there are a lot of Stern haters spreading bad information it just makes the situation worse. Do your homework, people, it's not that hard.

Mike
http://www.lanesandgamesarcade.com/

#46 6 years ago

First, fitting custom car orders into an assembly line is a completely different scenario than pinballs. There are thousands of different combinations of cars options and components. Stern's pinballs are all one flavor at a time. If you have ever worked in automotive or accounting, Ford's system makes sense, but not for very obvious reasons.

Second, I have ordered many many new automobiles to my specifications and have never been asked to pay for 100% of it up front. I can understand asking for payment once delivery is in sight, that's no problem. What I have a problem with is paying $6000 for an item and being ill informed about a potential delivery date.

Third, it has nothing to do with rumors and innuendo when actual pictures of the boxes arriving at people's houses are posted. Rumors, by, definition, aren't photgraphically documented.

Fourth, I have called Stern directly and received information completely opposite to what a distributor had relayed.

Fifth, the posts here will make it easy for me to determine who recieves my hard earned money for my next NIB purchase.

Sixth, everyone is entitled to their opinion, and in the interest of spirited discourse, I do respect the above stated viewpoints. That being said, I will speak from hereon out with my purchases.

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Most of the time, us distributors don't know an exact date nor Does stern untill a few days before.. Production #'s go up and down all the time because they are made by hand.. If the line is running slow one day it might be fast the next day. They also may have a hang up if a supplier doesn't get them a part in time it causes the line to come to a halt while they wait. I don't know to many manufactures who give you an exact date.. You buy a special order new car they tell you it will be 4-6 weeks.. or 3-4 months.. but not your call will be ready for pick up April 2nd 2013.

Thank you for that explanation. It does make sense.

#48 6 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

Fourth, I have called Stern directly and received information completely opposite to what a distributor had relayed.

That's the problem. Unless scheduling or something changed, then you know who not to deal with.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside